Why the heck MK3 Fuselage 3 hasn't don't have oxidizer

Pawelk198604

KSP should allow you to add any kind of fuel to tanks from the VAB/SPH (tanks coming empty maybe?)

This doesn't seem all that realistic to me, due to the large differences in tank design for different propellant; for example tanks that are designed to hold cryogenic rocket propellants such as LH2/LOX are engineered and shaped so that the contraction their containers experience when being cooled to very low temperatures during filling doesn't affect the functionality of the tank, which isn't a problem for propellants that aren't stored at low temperature. Also, the relative internal tank sizes for one fuel/oxidizer mix (or just fuel, for planes) will often be very different to another. Of course, all of this stuff happens "inside" the part and outside the established game variables of KSP where you can't see it and don't really think about it, but to my mind it seems a bit silly. You usually can't swap out fuels in a tank without having to re-engineer the whole thing from scratch.

This doesn't seem all that realistic to me, due to the large differences in tank design for different propellant; for example tanks that are designed to hold cryogenic rocket propellants such as LH2/LOX are engineered and shaped so that the contraction their containers experience when being cooled to very low temperatures during filling doesn't affect the functionality of the tank, which isn't a problem for propellants that aren't stored at low temperature. Also, the relative internal tank sizes for one fuel/oxidizer mix (or just fuel, for planes) will often be very different to another. Of course, all of this stuff happens "inside" the part and outside the established game variables of KSP where you can't see it and don't really think about it, but to my mind it seems a bit silly. You usually can't swap out fuels in a tank without having to re-engineer the whole thing from scratch.

Fuel is not LH2, it is most likely kerosene - jet engines are able to work on it.

Also, while you can not swap the content of tanks, you can swap tanks inside MK3 fuselage.

So swap the internal tankage out?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.