Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

Well this project turned out better than I hoped:

Introducing the Dakuwaqa-class battleship. Built to replace the older Dastana-class, the Dakuwaqa-class is a heavier compliment to the contemporary daeCorp fleet.

The new Dakuwaqa-class is armed with six standard LRMs and cosmetic-layered Tier-4 armour per all the Second-Wave daeCorp ships. However, its most unique feature is a head-mounted Blunderbuss MAC-gun loaded with twelve Tombstone shotgun rounds.

Dorsal

UCqqJHB.png

Starboard

WmqRGjj.png

Aft

yjft1Qm.png

Fore

gSZ7q4S.png

Po3CgJS.png

MAC-guns were always supposed to be daeCorp's thing from the get-go, but I've never built a good enough platform for them until now.

My personal Opinion is that MAC Cannons waste ship fuel, push the firing ship out of position, are inaccurate, unable to carry multiple shots, and lack heavy rounds to do penetration. Liquid Fuel Missiles and Solid Rocket Boosters are much more effective.

My personal Opinion is that MAC Cannons waste ship fuel, push the firing ship out of position, are inaccurate, unable to carry multiple shots, and lack heavy rounds to do penetration. Liquid Fuel Missiles and Solid Rocket Boosters are much more effective.

Funny. My MAC guns use very little fuel, push my ships no more than SRB torpedoes, are as accurate as dumb SRBs, carry 72 projectiles in 12 sets of 6 each, and the bullets fly at ~500 m/s which is enough to phase through armour and do internal damage.

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Funny. My MAC guns use very little fuel, push my ships no more than SRB torpedoes, are as accurate as dumb SRBs, carry 72 projectiles in 12 sets of 6 each, and the bullets fly at ~500 m/s which is enough to phase through armour and do internal damage.

really? and how big is the ship? It must be huge to hold the whole cannon. :P I dunno, i've never made a MAC cannon nor have i seen one to as much damage as a well lanced SRB.

really? and how big is the ship? It must be huge to hold the whole cannon. :P I dunno, i've never made a MAC cannon nor have i seen one to as much damage as a well lanced SRB.

The ship I posted on the previous page uses a MAC gun with a few LRMs to back it up.

It's the same length as a Nautilus, but about twice as bulky due to the new anti-clip armour style.

ok guys! Opinion Time!

Serpent Mk II

Specs:

Weight (kerbal Tons): 140 w/o tanks, 210 with tanks

D/V (ISP: 400): 1070 w/o tanks, 1700 with tanks

Combat Load: 6 Heavy Lanced Pocket Missiles (three in nose, three on Aux. Missile mounts)

Engines: 6 Long Range Nuclear Engines, 3 120N Radial Emergency Engines.

Parts: 475 w/o tanks

Crew Required: 0, but room for 2.

(the "tanks" I refer to are side-mounted fuel tanks which dock with the Docking Ports on the side of the Auxillary Missile mounts)

Notable Features:

This ship is 140 tons yet is maneuverable. It is the first Battle-sized ship to operate without onboard RCS systems. This is thanks to the 20 or more SAS pods in the rear fuselage and forward hull.

She also is built with combat durability in mind. there is no main "pod"; rather, 6 computer systems are spread in triplicate around the fore and aft of the hull, and the missiles a re kept in a forward battery and side-mounted nacelles, minimizing the ability to destroy her weaponry. In addition, the nacelles have three engines, making a disabling shot impossible on her. all the armor is attached in ten seperate triple-symmetrical mounts, with three pieces per attachment point, meaning an armor piercing shot will only take off a small amount of armor. All the fuel tanks are separately attached preventing a single strike knocking out all the fuel.

Gallery:

zZeKuGi.png

The Serpent took inspiration from the Dreks and uses an upright cockpit with great view out.

RkhhaKw.png

HgfiykH.jpg

cCqGZKZ.png

VYpl5g1.png

Edited by zekes

I guess that would depend on the missile being fired at it. Anything I have used against you before would probably have trouble because of the spacing of the engines ;) seeing as that is my favorite target on any ship.

That Delta V is a bit worrisome though.

Edited by camulus777

I guess that would depend on the missile being fired at it.

That is exactly what I said. I have a fighter that could probably kill it, maybe not in one shot, but with its missiles, I wouldn't be surprised if it could take that out in one shot.

I've seen the Serpents in Disguise.

Edited by FallingIntoBlack

daeCorp's oceanic navy needed quite a bit of work, so I've been tinkering with some new designs. The first ocean ship to come from these efforts is the Shinano-class drone-carrier.

Designed merely as a mobile platform for STS guided missiles, the Shinano-class is lightweight and lightly armoured.

Not a true carrier, the Shinano-class is armed with eight slipstream-powered Cherry Blossom smart STS torpedoes.

xMvIJhH.png

y95AOT6.png

UUT4r3v.png

iueZBSM.png