Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

After a kraken attack consumed the Swordfish (literally everything but the cone on the back of the cockpit is just gone lol) The Sardine moved to engage the Jarvare. Having lost our largest weaponry in the opening of the engagement, drone controllers back at KSC decided the only solution would be strategic attacks against the heavily armored ships of the enemy fleet.

jggjvII.png

Moving to the rear of the Jarvare the Sardine opened up at point blank with 3 unguided missiles, knocking off comms equipment, 2 engines, destroying a fuel tank, and blowing open a section of the armor protecting the engine compartment.

WAHpk2m.png

Seizing the opportunity, the Sardine maneuvered to the exposed side of the Jarvare and fired it's last unguided missile, tearing through what was left of the engine compartment and effectively immobilizing the enemy vessel.

(also created some random explosion off in the distance lol)

YOUR MOVE! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fch1t5f4cp0ludi/persistent.sfs

ya i forgot that people like to practicaly get up right next to you to fire. I should start requesting a minimum range of of 300m. 40m is a bit cheap.

Not that you are cheating or that you are breaking the rules its just a sence or realism for my. you are in no way at fault.

Edited by camulus777
add

ya i forgot that people like to practicaly get up right next to you to fire. I should start requesting a minimum range of of 300m. 40m is a bit cheap.

Not that you are cheating or that you are breaking the rules its just a sence or realism for my. you are in no way at fault.

the damaging shots actually were from a little further away, the volley of 2 that i sent from 40m....well one knocked off comms stuff, and the other actually got stopped by an engine without doing any damage lol :P

and for a minimum range, i personally think like maybe 100m or 150m would be good for future battles. 300 its gonna be almost impossible to hit any weakspot smaller than one of those 2x2 panels, and that would be if you were really good lol.

if you use zoom a 300m its very possible to hit but 140 allows people to snipe right down the back end of an engine compartment with no problem. Te point for me is to avoid the whoever goes first wins scenario. 300m allows you to still hit the ship just fine.

Red II moves in to intercept one of the drones and fires all four missiles 1st hit the armor no damage, 2nd missed and struck ike, 3rd struck the front hull and rattled something, 4th hit toward the back end and dislodged the engines.

(They should change the Stress Tolerance of the heavier engines, they fall of way to easy. I didn't even hit them directly I hit the armor around them.)

Then I landed Red II on the planet just to see if i could.

OiEDomU.jpg

LD3zHqQ.jpg

File here

Edited by camulus777
add

Red II moves in to intercept one of the drones and fires all four missiles 1st hit the armor no damage, 2nd missed and struck ike, 3rd struck the front hull and rattled something, 4th hit toward the back end and dislodged the engines.

(They should change the Stress Tolerance of the heavier engines, they fall of way to easy. I didn't even hit them directly I hit the armor around them.)

Then I landed Red II on the planet just to see if i could.

>Snip<

File here

Is that a Pheonix?

yes it's the space launch version. Mk VII can land on moons and fly in atmo just not land in atmo very easily. I might make a Mk VIII that has VTOL jets and lighter landing gear. Still ssto ish.

I also gave them all that paint scheme and now they look sexier than ever.

Edited by camulus777
add

Well on the one hand, i guess that means the armor works! :P

and how about 200m firing minimum? (for next time we battle or something)

is my ship dead yet ;)

Why yes, yes it is ;)

gugXXCy.png

The Sardine maneuvers into position in front of the Hangthier and deploys a guided torpedo.

QkH9t33.png

And scores a direct hit! Pretty sure that she wont be doing much more after that lol.

sZZidJv.png

Also found this little gem floating about in the wreckage, so i took the liberty of topping off the Sardine :cool:

Persistance

well ill give you a choice. i used my red two and flew over to the wreck of my corvette to pick up 2 missiles. now i have two armed ships and you have one missile.

anRgnPt.jpg

nypSWZ8.jpg

5lFvGyZ.jpg

o2xwAhL.jpg

ytZdswR.jpg

Do you want me to play the turn, or call it a game.

Edited by camulus777