So the new version is out... time to check all your Mods Which ones did you grab

alacrity

Ok so with the new version of KSP (soooooooooooo pretty) it is time to go through and DL new versions of you fave mods...

This is my list.

MechJeb2 (gotta have the orbit data and execute next node buttons)

Hyperedit (If I can't launch it at least I can play with it in orbit)

Nova (parts)

KW (moar parts)

b9 (even more parts)

NukeMod (1/2 meter parts)

KAS (all hail the mighty space crane)

Damned Robotics (for making the space crane cooler)

Infernal Robotics ( For making other parts work)

Quantum Struts (Cuz it wobbles)

Modular Wheels (They roll better)

Hooligan Airships (Cuz I can't build planes but I can build blimps)

Kethane Pack (So I got something to do)

ISA Map (So I can remembr where I am going)

Not sure how KSP still loads once I get it all on there but sometimes it doesn't. What is your list of must haves and really wants that you spend weeks fretting over? Which ones do you NEED just to get your basic fleet working with out a full redesign?

And most importantly, which ones do you think I am missing to make my life more complete?

Alacrity

Which ones do I NEED?

-FAR

-B9

-Pwings

-LLL

-Some sort of fairings

The rest are nice, but if I am to do any advanced craft/base design, then I will need all four of these mods to work. Kethane can really change your world, I would SERIOUSLY consider giving it a try. As a side note your load times must be hideous.

My load times make me cry, and on occasion when I close out of a ship, KSP folds up and dies.... memory allocation error, and thatz with 8 gigs of space.... I may have to give up one of the big parts packs, but then I will have to redesign all my ships.... and I don't wanna.

I may have to get more memory cuz I half wayto talking myself into starting up the rest of Lazer again...I am such a junky

Alacrity

My list of mandatory mods:

Mechjeb (flame me)

Remote tech (I really like this)

Mechjeb and Remote Tech for all (stock parts have them build in)

Sub assembly loader (time saver)

Kethane (In combination with Remote Tech this is awesome)

Chaterrer (brings life to the game)

Novapunch (I love the nose and body decouplers)

Romfarer Lazor, missiles, sunbeam (great stuff)

Fustek station parts (let's me build cool stations)

Some custom space music that's not too intrusive (not really a mod, but really changes the atmosphere)

And of course ISA Mapsat, but that's giving me trouble in 0.21 so I haven't got that installed right now.

With all the stuff above, I can create really awesome missions. Especially Remote Tech... it's a solid backbone for fun (and frustration :wink: )

My load times make me cry, and on occasion when I close out of a ship, KSP folds up and dies.... memory allocation error, and thatz with 8 gigs of space.... I may have to give up one of the big parts packs, but then I will have to redesign all my ships.... and I don't wanna.

I may have to get more memory cuz I half wayto talking myself into starting up the rest of Lazer again...I am such a junky

Alacrity

KSP is a 32 BIT app. It wouldn't help to buy more RAM unless you are already using (less than 6GB or at least 4GB) a lot prior to starting KSP.

Edited by Galileo Kerbonaut

That is very sad to hear.... I wantz to install all themods.... but I may have to flip a coin on give up either KW or Nova... they are the biggest hogs.... B9 has my fave cockpit and Nuke has all those handy 1/2 patrs for rovers.

Alacrity

• MechJeb 2
  • NovaPunch
  • AIES
  • FASA Mercury & Gemini
  • KW Rocketry (engines and decouplers)
  • BobCat (Soviet & American Packs, Jool V)
  • Procedural Fairings
  • LionHead circular solar panel
  • Lazor docking camera
  • HyperEdit
  • Crew Manifest
  • cBBp Kosmos and Dragon Rider
  • SuperNovy Advanced Service Module
  • StarVision's TARDIS

Edited by Jack Wolfe

I'm still waiting on a few, but I just added MechJeb2 to the list because Smart A.S.S. is vastly superior to the new SAS system. I dropped a few from my list. IonCross isn't nearly challenging enough so I'm going to wait for another life support mod. I dropped FAR as well because it was incredibly easy to get rockets to orbit with way more fuel left over than was possibly needed. So the final list will probably be:

• MechJeb 2
  • Deadly Reentry
  • Modular Fuel Tanks (this is getting the Project Arcturus Thrust Corrector, woooo!)
  • Chatter
  • RemoteTech

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.