I must end flight in space

TYRT

I have a big, too big, really big ship in orbit. Its such a big ship that i cant rotate it :( I must end flight and i am playing 0.21:[ Is there a mod for end flight in 0.21? Please help.

Edit:

I SOLVED PROBLEM!

how: just opened "persisent" named file from my save file, opened it with a notepad. Find my vessel with CTRL+F, and i changed status with landed at KSC! And then i recovered the vessel from Space Center. Thanks to all helpers.

Edited by TYRT
SOLVED!

I have a big, too big, really big ship in orbit. Its such a big ship that i cant rotate it :( I must end flight and i am playing 0.21:[ Is there a mod for end flight in 0.21? Please help.

I haven't played much since 0.21 came out, but you should be able to go to the tracking station to end a flight.

I haven't played much since 0.21 came out, but you should be able to go to the tracking station to end a flight.

Unfortunately you can't. I can only terminate flight from space center but i have six kerbonauts in this damn ship:C

Unfortunately you can't. I can only terminate flight from space center but i have six kerbonauts in this damn ship:C

That's what he's saying. The end flight option was removed by popular demand due to people accidentally ending their space station mission. Now you have to go to the tracking station at the space center and select "Recover Ship" to end a flight.

Either send a rescue ship or two to get them home or go to the tracking station and blow them up. You can use 'revert to' but only from the initial launch from Kerbin. If you dock with anything or go to the space centre you can only terminate or recover the vessel provided it's on Kerbin.

than that's your own problem. end flight in .20 didn't save what kerbalnauts you have and neither does .21, you'll just have to either end the flight or launch a rescue mission. I believe eventually kerbalnauts that have died will eventually reappear in your roster, but it will take longer than orange suits do to come back.

Sounds to me like a rescue mission is in order! Since it's in orbit, it shouldn't be too hard to build a custom-made recovery vehicle - thinking 3 man pod + hitchhiker, with just 1 pilot (leaves 6 spaces for the guys). Just throw it up, get it close, EVA them over and then de-orbit. You can then terminate the original flight in the tracking station.

Sometimes the call has to be made, but if it isn't difficult to recover the Kerbals, I would say rescue them, but if the difficulty is there, it could provide for some new learning experiences, or I would say terminate it from the tracking station.

my guess would be you left and went to the space center or perhaps docked you vehicle together in stages in space? Revert flight is only an option if your flight has been uninterrupted from launch.

I kind of like it this way because it means we have room to experiment without killing kerbals refining our design, but if you wish to assemble a larger ship or space station we need to plan better and know that it will be efficient before you even launch the first piece. Unfortunately the best way to do this is design the entire thing and save it in sections with subassembly manager which isn't possible in the stock game.

This kinda happened to me. I had sent up a small ship to dock with my space station. It had docked but something glitches and the docking port broke off from the station.

I wanted to just revert, but realized I couldn't. Just send out a rescue ship. I was lucky they were at the station. I just moved them into it for a stable orbit that was easy to find.

Unfortunately Jeb, Bob, Bill, and Malfin were all killed when their capsules parachutes failed. I was so happy they were rescued, and actually felt down when they were killed.

Gotta say I love this new system. There's no easy way out of things... Unless you can revert.

ya...

parachute failure is lame

i once kileld Bob when returning from minmus

my decent was too steep and the lander was too heavy that it tore the chute apart and killed Bob

(the descent was so steep that i couldnt regain orbit with the weaksauce LV-N when the ship touches the atmosphere.

This kinda happened to me. I had sent up a small ship to dock with my space station. It had docked but something glitches and the docking port broke off from the station.

I wanted to just revert, but realized I couldn't. Just send out a rescue ship. I was lucky they were at the station. I just moved them into it for a stable orbit that was easy to find.

Unfortunately Jeb, Bob, Bill, and Malfin were all killed when their capsules parachutes failed. I was so happy they were rescued, and actually felt down when they were killed.

Gotta say I love this new system. There's no easy way out of things... Unless you can revert.

Edited by lammatt

The end flight option was removed by popular demand due to people accidentally ending their space station mission.

That's not why it was removed. The whole End Flight system was an old placeholder that used "some weird acrobatics with the scene state" and was going to be changed anyway. HarvesteR explains it here.

That's not why it was removed. The whole End Flight system was an old placeholder that used "some weird acrobatics with the scene state" and was going to be changed anyway. HarvesteR explains it here. .

Yes, it was a place holder. However, there were many many people upset at accidentally ending flights. Its a large part of why many were excited about it. I pretty much read everything HarvesteR posts, oddly enough.

Ending the flight kills the Kerbals? That's news to me... Huh.

It won't kill kerbals if you end the flight landed on Kerbin. Instead it will recover them and bring them back to the Space Center. I've never lost a kerbal from ending a flight on Kerbin.

Can we get confirmation that it kills Kerbals?

The "End flight" option dialog box expressly warns when pressing the "yes I want to end this flight" button will kill any crew aboard.

-- Steve

Edited by Anton P. Nym
argh, poor word choice

sounds like a rescue mission is a good option! I'm trying.

Revert flight has greyed out. Why i don't now.

Rescue mission for the win. I just had to do that last night. I had sent 3 brave souls to the Mun and my dV budget ended up being to light. They got there, got down to plant a flag and whatnot and it turned out they only had enough dV to get back into a 30km orbit. Not enough to get back to Kerbin.

Had to send a rescue mission out to dock with them and push their ship back into LKO. Let me tell you doing aerobraking with FAR, DE and no MJ feedback is a pain in the engine bell. Then decoupled and landed each one, which is also a serious pain with FAR and DE. Definitely hard mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.