Orange Tank April Fools Challenge

I'm going to make a prediction: Somebody is going to do the jet thing with all the Oxidizer drained from the tank...

Not sure how you'd drain the Oxidizer without using an additional tank ? - which would disqualify you !

I did it, on the water tower, no fuel, only a radial decoupler still attached. :) Also maybe not exactly in the spirit on the competition.

Derbent was getting tired of Jeb, Bob and Bill getting all the credit for things around here, so he wanted to show them he could accomplish things! He also may have dropped it a time or two.

Hahaha, what the ...

Okay, you're in the special section.

Okay, so as a follow up challenge, I'm thinking of "Give the Water Tower a hat" challenge. With hard mode being the Control Tower - which has lots of antennae and is a lot bigger.

Not sure how to score it though, it's clearly an aesthetics challenge so no mod restrictions other than cheats.

I guess stuff like "100 points for glasses" ?

(Imagine the control tower with a Darth Vader helmet made from procedural fairings)

Edited by Bystander

Not sure how you'd drain the Oxidizer without using an additional tank ? - which would disqualify you !

Easy. Click the arrow next to the fuel so the liquid fuel doesn't flow, then fire up a rocket motor. It'll burn all the oxidizer and produce no thrust.

Okay, so as a follow up challenge, I'm thinking of "Give the Water Tower a hat" challenge. With hard mode being the Control Tower - which has lots of antennae and is a lot bigger.

Not sure how to score it though, it's clearly an aesthetics challenge so no mod restrictions other than cheats.

I guess stuff like "100 points for glasses" ?

(Imagine the control tower with a Darth Vader helmet made from procedural fairings)

You wanted a hat good sir?

1024x575.resizedimage

Vtol with aerospikes is hard. Ended up driving a rover under the tower, and Vtol-ing it up from next to it.

You wanted a hat good sir?

Vtol with aerospikes is hard. Ended up driving a rover under the tower, and Vtol-ing it up from next to it.

I like the jaunty angle sir !

I'm thinking of posting the hat challenge next week so this can be my first entry/proof of concept.

All stock I assume ?

Does this qualify?

The probe is there so the "hat" won't be deleted (i have my persistent debris set to 0)

Thank you my Greek friend, that will certainly qualify.

I'm not planning to start this till next week - Monday, so anyone who wants to get a head start (haha) before then is welcome.

Also if anyone has suggestions for rules/judging criteria, those are welcome !

Okay so to wrap up this challenge, I present the ultimate high score that nobody will ever beat - to go with my low score.

Using Mephane's craft file and the suggestions (by many, but originally featherwinglove) to drain the Oxidizer first; PLUS the simple addition of a Mainsail.

I give you !

Only 3 units of fuel used - and if I could close the thread here I would !

i5dDrOw.jpg

HMXuUyg.jpg

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.