[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Wavefunction, is there a config file somewhere where I can turn off the microwave receiver throttling? or just turn off heating from excess beamed power all-together?

I assume you are referring to my experimental version. In which case, no, but I'm not clear on why you would want to.

I am unable to reprocess nuclear fuel. I can begin research and activate the antimatter factory, but whenever I select reprocess the animation glitches out. There are two status labels in the menu and one says locked and the other says idle. Does anyone have a fix?

Do you have enough power and 2 kerbals to man the science lab?

I am unable to reprocess nuclear fuel. I can begin research and activate the antimatter factory, but whenever I select reprocess the animation glitches out. There are two status labels in the menu and one says locked and the other says idle. Does anyone have a fix?

Do you have somewhere to store the Depleted Fuel?

Haha, i didn't know you needed that. Do i need a tank or something? Sorry, really new at this.

Any of the nuclear fuel tanks can store depleted fuels. Since it appears you are using UF4 mode, and you have no actinides built up yet, when you get ready to refuel, just dock a ship with a UF4 tank and reprocess the fuels. The deleted fuels will go into the tank, and can top off whatever amount of UF4 is needed with the tank. You can then undock the refueler, and recover or destroy it, as there is no use for depleted fuels.

I love this mod, Fractal. As a token of my appreciation, you get ... bug reports / suggestions!

1. The tooltip for the ATILLA thrusters in the VAB/SPH displays the same kN/MW value for their thrust as the plasma thrusters. It seems to be only the tooltip that is incorrect, they produce and display the correct amount of thrust in flight. The displayed ISP value is correct.

2. Quite a few parts need their nodes resized to take full advantage of the 0.23.5 joint improvements. List in spoiler.

• Computer Core needs size 3 nodes (is size 2)
  • 62.5cm ATILLA needs size 0 nodes (is size 1) (this is actually a reduction, may be undesirable given the high thrust of this engine for its size)
  • 62.5cm Plasma Thruster needs size 0 nodes (is size 1) (this is actually a reduction, may be undesirable given the high thrust of this engine for its size)
  • 2.5m Plasma Thruster needs size 2 nodes (is size 1)
  • 62.5cm/1.25m/3.75m Thermal Rocket Nozzles need size 0/1/3 nodes (are size 2)
  • 2.5m Thermal Turbojet needs size 2 nodes (is size 1)
  • DT Vista Inertial Fusion Engine needs size 3 nodes (is size 1)
  • 3.5m Antimatter Containment Device needs size 3 nodes (is size 2, should also be renamed 3.75m Antimatter Containment Device for consistency with other parts)
  • 2.5m/3.75m Pure Liquid Fuel Tanks need size 2/3 nodes (are size 1)
  • 2.5m Atmospheric Scoop needs size 2 nodes (is size 1)
  • Antimatter Collector needs size 2 nodes (is size 0)
  • 1.25m/3.75m Antimatter Reactors need size 1/3 nodes (are size 2)
  • 62.5cm/2.5m Inline Radiators need size 0/2 nodes (are size 1)
  • 62.5cm/2.5m/3.75m Electric Generators need size 0/2/3 nodes (are size 1)
  • Antimatter Initiated Reactor needs size 3 nodes (is size 2)
  • 3.75m Fusion Reactor needs size 3 nodes (is size 2)
  • 3.75m "Aegletes 2" Fission Reactor needs size 3 nodes (is size 2)
  • 62.5cm "SAFE-1500" Fission Reactor needs size 0 nodes (is size 1)
  • 3.75m "Akula" Fission Reactor needs size 3 nodes (is size 2)
  • 62.5cm GEKKO Fusion Reactor needs size 0 nodes (is size 1)
  • 2.5m/3.75m Alcubierre Drives need size 2/3 nodes (are size 1)
  • 2.5m Inline Refinery needs size 2 nodes (is size 1)
  • 3.75m Inline Refinery needs size 3 nodes (is size 2)
  • MTER-M/MTER-L Microwave Thermal Recievers needs size 2/3 nodes (are size 1)
  • ISRU Refinery needs a size 3 node on the bottom (is size 2, side node already looks appropriate for the size of the attachment point on the model at size 1)
  • Science Laboratory needs size 2 nodes (is size 1)

3. Antimatter Collectors attached by docking ports don't seem to correctly collect antimatter while the ship is not in focus (they work just fine while it is). Design is Collectors -> Docking Port pair (using Sr. Clamp-O-Trons, if it matters) -> rest of ship, including antimatter tanks. I think this one may have been reported already.

Another option would be just to have a slider to adjust the maximum power input that is being received in addition to the percent received that already exists. With something that is constantly fluctuating like power reception, percentage does little good (at least to me). If I could just limit it to a fixed rate I feel like I could do so much more with MW power.

This would be great.

Yeah, fixed MJ value would be better than a percentage for sure. Hard to do with a slider though, since the range of possible values would be so high.

It would have to be a textbox in the power management window.

I assume you are referring to my experimental version. In which case, no, but I'm not clear on why you would want to.

Because it is behaving oddly with multiple plasma thrusters. I keep having throttle control issues and random flameouts of 2-3 out of 4 engines leading to spinning wildly out of control.

Edited by Thorbane

Because it is behaving oddly with multiple plasma thrusters. I keep having throttle control issues and random flameouts of 2-3 out of 4 engines leading to spinning wildly out of control.

I assume you are using a quad pack of thrusters? I'll take a look at it.

edit: Looks fine to me. You'll have to elaborate.

wucaJiW.png

BaCkBwK.png

If you don't have enough power to run all the engines, you'll run into issues. Even without my power throttling code.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

What reception slider? There's a reception slider?

There is, but it affects percent input.

A text box to enter total received power would be ideal. I don't know if a text box can be pulled up by right clicking a part, but it could possibly be done though the Megajoules Power Management Display.

The problem with the reception slider is that it it only sets adjusts that one receiver. When you have 4-8 of them for omni-directional coverage it's a pain to keep up with. The lack of precision on the slider is also a pain, I can't set it low enough to keep my .625 meter probes for melting.

I am sorry and I know this question has been asked several times in the thread but I searched and have yet to find a reasonably understandable answer!

Is there a way to compute the amount of energy ec or mits or packets required to transmit the seismic impact data COMPLETELY???

As one of the posts aptly put it "This is a major gripe! If a certain amount of a certain resource is required to do a certain thing then that should be clearly documented rather then discovered on accident AFTER you have built a 6 probes, a lifter, a transfer vehicle and flown all the way out to elo!!!!!!!!!!".

Don't you think it's kind of silly to expect someone to build 6 probes, a lifter, a transfer vehicle, and some kind of impactors, fly them all the way out somewhere, land all the probes, crash an impactor, flip a switch and find they can't transmit the data for lack of a AAA battery? Seriously!

So is there a way to computer the amount of energy and rate of energy production to transmit the seismic experiment data and is it constant or does it vary based on some conditions?

Edited by ctbram

I know little about interstellar, and I've been wary of getting it because I don't feel confident enough with maintaining a whole power network. Is a power network necessary for all of the engines or are there some that rely of a network and others that work independently (provided they have the correct fuel)?

I am sorry and I know this question has been asked several times in the thread but I searched and have yet to find a reasonably understandable answer!

Is there a way to compute the amount of energy ec or mits or packets required to transmit the seismic impact data COMPLETELY???

As one of the posts aptly put it "This is a major gripe! If a certain amount of a certain resource is required to do a certain thing then that should be clearly documented rather then discovered on accident AFTER you have built a 6 probes, a lifter, a transfer vehicle and flown all the way out to elo!!!!!!!!!!".

Don't you think it's kind of silly to expect someone to build 6 probes, a lifter, a transfer vehicle, and some kind of impactors, fly them all the way out somewhere, land all the probes, crash an impactor, flip a switch and find they can't transmit the data for lack of a AAA battery? Seriously!

So is there a way to computer the amount of energy and rate of energy production to transmit the seismic experiment data and is it constant or does it vary based on some conditions?

Sorry I don't know they answer to your question but I do know the answer to your problem. Its really simple, attach solar panels to your probe. You have to have some solar panels unlocked because they are in the tech that activated the seismic experiment. If your really worried about not having enough power, attach a .625m reactor to it, and you'll have more than enough.

Also what's "Silly" is using just batteries for your probe. That and I find your attitude silly too. This is an amazing mod with a lot of hard work put into it provided completely for free.

Edit: I believe that the amount of electrical power you need will vary and is dependant on the biome's science mutliplier, just like all the rest of the science experiments.

Edited by Rabada

I know little about interstellar, and I've been wary of getting it because I don't feel confident enough with maintaining a whole power network. Is a power network necessary for all of the engines or are there some that rely of a network and others that work independently (provided they have the correct fuel)?

I've completed the tree through fusion power and I have only a rudimentary power network that I don't really use. It's not a requirement.