[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Radiators are actually glowing, and new FX are very nice! But where is Magnetometr and antimatter collector?=(

And can't wait for radial antimatter collector. I'm sure i saw a completed model of itsomewhere in this tread but i can't find it=(

Both are in game, under Electronics and Particle Accelerators nodes respectively in the tech tree. No radial collector in this release at least.

Whenever I use the latest version of this mod, I get a weird text item in the context menus of crew pods and EVA Kerbals. It shows an infinite loop of their rad-status (Off-screen and beyond), making it impossible to use any of the pods' or kerbals' functions. Dahek is going on???

Whenever I use the latest version of this mod, I get a weird text item in the context menus of crew pods and EVA Kerbals. It shows an infinite loop of their rad-status (Off-screen and beyond), making it impossible to use any of the pods' or kerbals' functions. Dahek is going on???

Sounds like you need to reinstall KSPI. If you converted from KSPI-L or an old version you need to make sure you delete the old mod folders before unpacking the new ones. Also other mods might be messing with things and you might try the game with everything but KSPI running, although I can say I have no problems with the good amount that I run.

I forgot to mention it in my first posting, but welcome back Fractal_UK, and thanks for all the hard work so far.

I investigated the last issue I raised with the Telescope showing the "Helium Depleted" message even when attached to a full tank. I finally got a look into the source code, and it appears that it's just a display issue with the Sandbox (i.e. non-Science) game mode.

On the last line of InterstellarTelescope.OnUpdate():

if (helium_time_scale <= 0) performPcnt = "Helium Coolant Deprived.";

And then in InterstellarTelescope.OnUpdate():

if (HighLogic.LoadedSceneIsFlight)
{
if (ResearchAndDevelopment.Instance != null)
{
calculateTimeToHeliumDepletion();

}
}

Turns out my testing was done in sandbox game mode, it works fine in science game mode.

If the same is not in an R&D enabled game mode, the helium_time_scale never gets computed, so remains at the default value of 0.

Not that it really matters in the Sandbox Mode, because generating Research is pointless.

I also tried the fix to the resource name for Tritium Breeding mode in InterstellarReactor, and it appears to function. Only thing is that the new reactor code doesn't display the Breeding Rate like it used to, any chance of adding that into the new reactor code?

Edited by Ruziel

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but as an FYI to the developers of this awesome mod, you can add Anti Matter to anti matter containers in the VAB by right clicking on the container and sliding up the antimatter tab.

I also tried the fix to the resource name for Tritium Breeding mode in InterstellarReactor, and it appears to function. Only thing is that the new reactor code doesn't display the Breeding Rate like it used to, any chance of adding that into the new reactor code?

Yes, I've added it back in now though I've decided to put it on to the reactor control window to reduce clutter of the part info you see in flight.

How does the mod generate magnetic fields/antimatter rings? I'm using StarSystems and PlanetFactoryCE to add a lot of new places to go to, but I can't find a config to add any antimatter to these new planets.

It should probably just work automatically, they're calculated using various relative properties of the planets compared to Kerbin. I don't know exactly how those mods work exactly but assuming they just add planets in the same way that the game does.

I just overhauled all the code that did all of those calculations yesterday in preparation for expanding on the radiation mechanics in the near future.

I used a scaled down texture [for the science lab IVA] because a lot of people were having problems during the loading of that final science lab texture. I've been meaning to put up a download of the high res texture. I'll sort that out soon.

Has this hi-res been made available?

Yes, I've added it back in now though I've decided to put it on to the reactor control window to reduce clutter of the part info you see in flight.

It should probably just work automatically, they're calculated using various relative properties of the planets compared to Kerbin. I don't know exactly how those mods work exactly but assuming they just add planets in the same way that the game does.

I just overhauled all the code that did all of those calculations yesterday in preparation for expanding on the radiation mechanics in the near future.

I should have probably clarified. Antimatter doesn't seem to get generated when I go to those places. The collector and magnetometer just hold the same values as they did before I hyperedited out of Kerbin's SOI. I can't find anything really in the log file.

Hey, First of all great mod the possibility's Ive unlocked by using this mod have been amazing, however since the most recent update I have been unable to centrifuge Deuterium, Extract water or lithium and i haven't been able to Breed Tritium.

Was wondering if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, I have a large rover with a Science lab and a ISRU Refinery both of which can be lowered into the water once the rover drives into kerbin's oceans, it has room for lithium to be stored, a dedicated reactor for tritium breeding and plenty of spare space for it along with space for deuterium, however the science lab produces 0.00kg of deuterium, I don't get an option to extract lithium or can I activate the reactor tritium breeding option.

just want confirmation cause ill put off my Laythe Colony/Spaceport Construction and await an update if im not doing anything wrong, can post screenshots if needed

Hey, First of all great mod the possibility's Ive unlocked by using this mod have been amazing, however since the most recent update I have been unable to centrifuge Deuterium, Extract water or lithium and i haven't been able to Breed Tritium.

Was wondering if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, I have a large rover with a Science lab and a ISRU Refinery both of which can be lowered into the water once the rover drives into kerbin's oceans, it has room for lithium to be stored, a dedicated reactor for tritium breeding and plenty of spare space for it along with space for deuterium, however the science lab produces 0.00kg of deuterium, I don't get an option to extract lithium or can I activate the reactor tritium breeding option.

just want confirmation cause ill put off my Laythe Colony/Spaceport Construction and await an update if im not doing anything wrong, can post screenshots if needed

It's caused by some resource name bugs due to some changes I made to some of the fuels in the latest update, notably trying to correct a bunch of resource densities and building the new reactor system. I've fixed the bugs and I'll be packaging and releasing the update later this evening.

It's caused by some resource name bugs due to some changes I made to some of the fuels in the latest update, notably trying to correct a bunch of resource densities and building the new reactor system. I've fixed the bugs and I'll be packaging and releasing the update later this evening.

Awesome cant wait!

I used a scaled down texture [for the science lab IVA] because a lot of people were having problems during the loading of that final science lab texture. I've been meaning to put up a download of the high res texture. I'll sort that out soon.

Has this hi-res been made available?

Version 0.12.1 Released

This should resolve the bugs reported so far.

Version 0.12.1
-Wrote new resource referencing system to avoid resource name bugs (fixes cryostat, etc, bugs)
-Rewrote magnetic field system for planets and fixed abnormal radiation values
-Types of radiation can now be distinguished internally
-Fixed Tritium breeding in reactors
-Fixed power consumption in inertial confinement reactors
-Tokamaks start with tritium breeding turned on
-Improved atmospheric intake code
-Added turn off reactor button for nuclear reactors to the control system interface
-Fixed prices
-Added Taverius additions to B9 cargo bay radiators
-Some code reorganisation

Download links on the first page have been updated.

Hey Fractal, cheers for today's update, deuterium centrifuge now works, tritium breeding option now works but it doesn't seem to make anything nor does the rate in-which its created isn't shown also the Refinery still cant extract lithium or water.

Great to see progress on the mod but the Laythe Base plans i guess are just gunna be a little delayed :P

Hey Fractal, cheers for today's update, deuterium centrifuge now works, tritium breeding option now works but it doesn't seem to make anything nor does the rate in-which its created isn't shown also the Refinery still cant extract lithium or water.

Great to see progress on the mod but the Laythe Base plans i guess are just gunna be a little delayed :P

The rate of tritium breeding is just quite slow (you do need Lithium to make it work, just to check you have that?) but it is enough that it will be produced just slightly faster than your tritium is used up by a reactor. You can see the current rate on the reactor control screen. It was definitely working before I uploaded the update and I didn't change anything since!

Definitely got the lithium and nope there isn't any tritium being created, made double sure on all aspects, warping or not nothing is being created. The Refinery still don't work either, tried totally submersing it and still doesn't give me the option for water or lithium

Definitely got the lithium and nope there isn't any tritium being created, made double sure on all aspects, warping or not nothing is being created. The Refinery still don't work either, tried totally submersing it and still doesn't give me the option for water or lithium

Can you try a reinstall, making sure to delete the old WarpPlugin folder?

Edit:

The precooler still needs to have it's intake turned off to be able to be used with other intakes without exploding.

I'm not sure at the moment why that intake module isn't being removed - it is supposed to be!

Edited by Fractal_UK

Did that from the off, made sure I removed the old stuff and replaced it with the new stuff

It's worth trying anyway, sometimes people do end up with versions that don't work correctly. I've seen cases where people corrected problems only after redownloading and reinstalling.

What are you seeing in the reactor diagnostic window with regard to breeding rate?

I'm not sure at the moment why that intake module isn't being removed - it is supposed to be!

There's no code to remove the intake module in rapier.cfg. If you made that change, it might just not have made it from your local copy to Github. Or are you trying to dynamically remove the intake module in the plugin?