[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

You can also upgrade existing craft theSpeare.

Sure can - but only if they were built and launched before you've already researched them in the research center.

I want something more to do with science end-game; not so much as 'more research nodes' but just something else like what I suggested.

Sure can - but only if they were built and launched before you've already researched them in the research center.

I want something more to do with science end-game; not so much as 'more research nodes' but just something else like what I suggested.

Several of the highest tech parts have no upgrade research node so they must be upgraded each time they are built.

Maybe he means it needs MORE new models? I think he means to overhaul every part in KSPI that still uses stock models.

Speaking of which, it'd be good if people could start trying to phase out the use of the atmospheric intakes. Now that all the intakes function as atmospheric intakes, I'd eventually like to get rid of these superfluous parts: even a small reduction in memory useage can be useful.

Are you simply still keeping them in to avoid unwanted craft deletion?

Have you been in touch with zzz for a nicer atmospheric scoop, I think we could do with something that fits the KSPI theme now. Understandably you do have a lot of other new features on your plate still.

Btw Fractal, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a mod that manages part property overrides (e.g. you override the default solar panels and add the wasteheat functionality to them).

It's called mod manager (forum link here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-1-3-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs), and it seems to work with 0.22.

This way you don't have to manually manage the mod overrides. =)

Btw Fractal, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a mod that manages part property overrides (e.g. you override the default solar panels and add the wasteheat functionality to them).

It's called mod manager (forum link here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-1-3-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs), and it seems to work with 0.22.

This way you don't have to manually manage the mod overrides. =)

Yeah, I'm aware of it. I think I'm going to switch to a slightly different system in the next update, so that I can get all solar panels rather just the stock ones. That should cover things like the Kosmos panels that people have requested WasteHeat for in the past.

Are there any plans to improve attachment points on many of the parts in this excellent mod? Whenever I create a vehicle I find it difficult to attach anything laterally, especially on generators, reactors, and thermal rockets (haven't worked with other large key components yet). Usually I have to add structural extensions originating from stock or non-KSP Interstellar parts to make lateral attachments to KSP Interstellar parts. At least lateral attachments that don't clip to the center of the KSPI parts, anyways. Thank you.

Are there any plans to improve attachment points on many of the parts in this excellent mod? Whenever I create a vehicle I find it difficult to attach anything laterally, especially on generators, reactors, and thermal rockets (haven't worked with other large key components yet). Usually I have to add structural extensions originating from stock or non-KSP Interstellar parts to make lateral attachments to KSP Interstellar parts. At least lateral attachments that don't clip to the center of the KSPI parts, anyways. Thank you.

It certainly would be nice. When I mentioned before that you cannot put struts or other parts on the reactors I never got an answer on that. I don't think Fractal sees it as very important. It makes it really hard to make some designs work though.

It certainly would be nice. When I mentioned before that you cannot put struts or other parts on the reactors I never got an answer on that. I don't think Fractal sees it as very important. It makes it really hard to make some designs work though.

Especially rovers. Made a mobile science platform for Kerbin with a generator and reactor. Everything is on its side, but it was really hard for me to get my wheels attached to everything properly. Ended up using scaffolding as a base for the wheels, and run the scaffolding inline from front to back underneath the rover. The uncooperative parts (generator and reactor) are forced to cooperate when I do it that way. :P

Indeed, I'm usually forced to put the reactor/generator somewhere annoying to deal with because of the lack of surface attachment. Which causes its own issues because they are quite heavy and not having them inline on a rocket makes balance a factor.

Indeed, I'm usually forced to put the reactor/generator somewhere annoying to deal with because of the lack of surface attachment. Which causes its own issues because they are quite heavy and not having them inline on a rocket makes balance a factor.

I seriously don't know what you're talking about... Both reactors and generators allow surface attachment on my end...

This has been mentioned several times, the solution is to strut to the reactor, rather than strutting from it. As the old reactors get replaced, the restriction on lateral attachment will be removed - that is why the 1.25m nuclear permits it.

All of the generators permit lateral attachment.