[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Downloaded it. Thanks! Haven't yet run it, though; The game starts up fine, but crashes when I resume my save unless I delete the Warp Plugin folder. I'm running x64, and here are the last bunch of lines of my KSP.log:

[LOG 22:47:45.596] 0.1
[LOG 22:47:45.596] 7/26/2014 10:47:45 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Setting up repeating Behaviour(BehaviourUpdate) every 0.10 Secs
[LOG 22:47:45.597] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'TDNProtoUpdater_SpaceCentre' from assembly 'TweakableDockingNode'
[LOG 22:47:45.599] Parsing string
[LOG 22:47:45.600] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'TweakableEVAManager' from assembly 'TweakableEVA'
[LOG 22:47:45.601] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'InterstellarToolbar' from assembly 'InterstellarToolbar'
[LOG 22:47:45.601] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PluginHelper' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'
[LOG 22:47:46.202] Clouds: Volume Initialized
[LOG 22:47:46.240] Clouds: Volume Initialized
[LOG 22:47:46.278] Clouds: Volume Initialized
[LOG 22:47:46.315] Clouds: Volume Initialized
[LOG 22:47:46.320] While added ModuleTweakableEVA, encountered exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TweakableEVA.TweakableEVAManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 22:47:46.331] [KSP Interstellar] Hydrogen resource name set to LiquidFuel
[LOG 22:47:46.331] [KSP Interstellar] Oxygen resource name set to Oxidizer
[LOG 22:47:46.332] [KSP Interstellar] Aluminium resource name set to Aluminium
[LOG 22:47:46.332] [KSP Interstellar] Methane resource name set to LqdMethane
[LOG 22:47:46.333] [KSP Interstellar] Argon resource name set to Argon
[LOG 22:47:46.333] [KSP Interstellar] Water resource name set to LqdWater
[LOG 22:47:46.334] [KSP Interstellar] Hydrogen Peroxide resource name set to H2Peroxide
[LOG 22:47:46.334] [KSP Interstellar] Ammonia resource name set to Ammonia
[LOG 22:47:46.334] [KSP Interstellar] ThermalMechanics set to enabled: True
[LOG 22:47:46.337] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.D25
[LOG 22:47:46.338] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.M27
[LOG 22:47:46.338] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.MK1.Control.ACU
[LOG 22:47:46.339] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.MK2
[LOG 22:47:46.339] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.MK5
[LOG 22:47:46.340] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.S2
[LOG 22:47:46.340] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.S2.Body.Crew
[LOG 22:47:46.341] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.S2.Body.Crew.6m
[LOG 22:47:46.341] Adding ModuleRadiation to B9.Cockpit.S3
[LOG 22:47:46.343] Adding ModuleRadiation to CrewHatchHatch
[LOG 22:47:46.343] Adding ModuleRadiation to cl.large.observationModule
[LOG 22:47:46.344] Adding ModuleRadiation to mumech.MJ2.AR202
[LOG 22:47:46.344] Adding ModuleRadiation to mumech.MJ2.Pod
[LOG 22:47:46.345] Adding ModuleRadiation to crewCabin
[LOG 22:47:46.345] Adding ModuleRadiation to cupola
[LOG 22:47:46.345] Adding ModuleRadiation to landerCabinSmall
[LOG 22:47:46.346] Adding ModuleRadiation to Mark1Cockpit
[LOG 22:47:46.346] Adding ModuleRadiation to Mark2Cockpit
[LOG 22:47:46.347] Adding ModuleRadiation to mark3Cockpit
[LOG 22:47:46.347] Adding ModuleRadiation to Mark1-2Pod
[LOG 22:47:46.348] Adding ModuleRadiation to mk1pod
[LOG 22:47:46.348] Adding ModuleRadiation to mk2LanderCabin
[LOG 22:47:46.349] Adding ModuleRadiation to probeCoreCube
[LOG 22:47:46.349] Adding ModuleRadiation to probeCoreHex
[LOG 22:47:46.350] Adding ModuleRadiation to probeCoreOcto
[LOG 22:47:46.350] Adding ModuleRadiation to probeCoreOcto2
[LOG 22:47:46.351] Adding ModuleRadiation to probeCoreSphere
[LOG 22:47:46.351] Adding ModuleRadiation to probeStackLarge
[LOG 22:47:46.352] Adding ModuleRadiation to probeStackSmall
[LOG 22:47:46.354] Adding ModuleRadiation to Large.Crewed.Lab
[LOG 22:47:46.355] Adding ModuleRadiation to StnSciLab

At this point, I get a "KSP has crashed!" popup; there are no lines after the StnSciLab radiation module stating any exceptions or errors that caused the crash. Any ideas / any other information I can give to help?

Edit: Huh. It works in Sandbox, not in Career. I haven't tried Science Sandbox.

Second Edit: Well that's weird. I made a Sandbox save to muck about with it, worked fine. Tossed a ship around Duna, saved, went back to the main menu, tried to load up my career save...and succeeded. I have no idea what changed.

Edited by Hremsfeld

Downloaded it. Thanks! Haven't yet run it, though; The game starts up fine, but crashes when I resume my save unless I delete the Warp Plugin folder. I'm running x64, and here are the last bunch of lines of my KSP.log:

removed log

At this point, I get a "KSP has crashed!" popup; there are no lines after the StnSciLab radiation module stating any exceptions or errors that caused the crash. Any ideas / any other information I can give to help?

That has happened to me with every Interstellar, Infernal Robotics, & Tweak Scale update since 0.24. I've found that if I fully delete the mod's folder then install the mod afterwards, basically don't unzip and overwrite, it seems to minimize it bugging.

For example, my first 0.24 save game broke when 0.24.1 came out and I updated my mods. Didn't know the above, so I started a new game that worked just fine. It broke with 0.24.2, deleted my update-by-overwrite mods and cleanly installed them, and all is well again.

Another one I've had to do is manually replace KSPAPI.dll in any mod with it's latest version found on github (really helps with Tweak Scale).

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 and KSP x64.

The only error in that log is not from interstellar. You might try a fresh save. With all of the changes to ksp, the instability of x64 and this gauntlet of mod updates, I would consider any working existing save luck more than anything.

edit: Assuming you are installing interstellar properly. ie, delete old folders and install all folders and files from the .zip.

wtb curse installer :(

Edited by WaveFunctionP

just so you know your ORS fix breaks the one made by roverdude so we cannot have MKS/OKS and Kerbenite working with intersteller

Assuming that the same issue I fixed (there's a pull request) is also fixed in this one (and it looks like he has a bunch more stuff) then I say use this one here until Fractal can get back and update KSPI (and ORS as a side effect).

I guess folks aren't used to people other than KSPI using ORS ;)

Assuming that the same issue I fixed (there's a pull request) is also fixed in this one (and it looks like he has a bunch more stuff) then I say use this one here until Fractal can get back and update KSPI (and ORS as a side effect).

Yes your right just tested everything's working now and thanks for the awesome mods guys ksp really would not be the same without you

It was literally just passing the flow mode to getconnectedresources.

I see no reason why what I've done should break anything.

Fractal rarely approves pull requests even when he is around.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

The only error in that log is not from interstellar. You might try a fresh save. With all of the changes to ksp, the instability of x64 and this gauntlet of mod updates, I would consider any working existing save luck more than anything.

edit: Assuming you are installing interstellar properly. ie, delete old folders and install all folders and files from the .zip.

wtb curse installer :(

I'd initially installed it fresh, i.e. it hadn't been in this particular GameData before. I had Karbonite installed, so I had an ORS file - perhaps that was what broke it? (edit: I don't remember it asking me to overwrite anything, but I could easily be wrong)

Looks like the current thought is to use the ORS version in your experimental update rather than whatever the Karbonite guy did. I never really got into ISRUing up nuclear material, so I guess either way would work.

Edited by Hremsfeld

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sorahjort/screenshot/583532302597314845

Are there any known mod conflicts that would result in the Science Laboratory to break like that? Clipping through the world, disconnecting from parts, and the menu just not working for it? Or is this a known issue?

That was taken on a fresh reinstall of the mod, along with a fresh save.

Edited by SoraHjort

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sorahjort/screenshot/583532302597314845

Are there any known mod conflicts that would result in the Science Laboratory to break like that? Clipping through the world, disconnecting from parts, and the menu just not working for it? Or is this a known issue?

That was taken on a fresh reinstall of the mod, along with a fresh save.

Having exactly the same trouble with any reactors (each size and type). Guess it's the same with lab, but didn't tried it. Peculiarily, no power seems to be produced by the reactors, even when the three-parts drone I used for test doesn't collapse on itself, which is quite annoying to establish an microwaved energy network :)

Both the .23.5 and the experimental versions fail on load with errors to the ksp.exe or kerbalbase.dll files. Other than that I can't tell what is causing it (Squad needs to work on their stack traces and make them a little better than "Filename not found".

For me 23.5 with 24 work preete good ( im waiting for finale wersion before instaling 0.24.x) experimental has bugs like was mentioned even if i delete all files before instaling

Using the non-inline ISRU, I'm attempting to refuel an aluminum hybrid rocket on Mun. Both of the operations needed (mining and electrolysis) work, but even with both of them selected, only one actually executes at a time. Thus, I have to run mining for a while, then switch to electrolysis when the alumina buffer is full until it's depleted again. I'd prefer to just leave both of them turned on and have it eventually fuel itself up. The way the interface changes makes it look like all refining operations are mutually exclusive and all mining options are mutually exclusive, but you could run one of each.

My reactor+generator are insufficient to power it 100%. According to the power management display, the mining and refining both draw their energy even when no actual action is being taken, which could be the problem. Could the code be updated to not draw Megajoules when there's 1, no room to store new Alumina, and 2, when there's no Alumina to electrolyse? I think you should still be able to get your ship fueled with an insufficient power supply, it should just be much slower (by having it switch off when there's insufficient power for a particular operation, and resume when power becomes available, like antennae transmitting science).

I can work around it but it's a little counterintuitive. I can't find any documentation to indicate whether this is the intended behavior or not.

Edit: forked on github, pull request sent.

Edited by jakkarth

Reinstall what exactly? The mod? The whole game? Im currently running v.24

That's what I did, but I'd try just removing Interstellar entirely (delete the WarpPlugin and OpenResourceSystem folders) and then reinstalling it before trying a full reinstall.

Reinstall what exactly? The mod? The whole game? Im currently running v.24
That's what I did, but I'd try just removing Interstellar entirely (delete the WarpPlugin and OpenResourceSystem folders) and then reinstalling it before trying a full reinstall.

This worked for me just fine. Stuff works great. Make sure you verify game content if you notice other problems (if you are on Steam anyways).

ALSO: I FOUND YOU (by accident)! I bet you didn't think you would find a subscriber on here Nightdagger.

I'm getting a rather odd issue in 32bit that reinstalling both the mod and the game itself hasn't fixed. The thermal turbojets and thermal rocket nozzles appear active in the VAB, with the normal rocket plume and another at 90 degrees. http://i.imgur.com/DJvQzev.png Vessels with them also seem to get hit by the kraken at a bit over 1 km up. Anyone know what might be going on?

I'm getting a rather odd issue in 32bit that reinstalling both the mod and the game itself hasn't fixed. The thermal turbojets and thermal rocket nozzles appear active in the VAB, with the normal rocket plume and another at 90 degrees. http://i.imgur.com/DJvQzev.png Vessels with them also seem to get hit by the kraken at a bit over 1 km up. Anyone know what might be going on?

The version in the OP is not compatible with the latest version of ksp. You'll need to stay with .23 or update your interstellar version. There is a working version in my sig, use the release version.

Feature discrepancy: This is not a bug, as in something's broken; merely a feature that, I think, is not implemented correctly. The intercooler has its own intake air, and unfortunately, that intake air causes the jet engines to overheat at high velocities. The intake attached to the FRONT of the intercooler works correctly, but apparently the intercooler does not cool its own intake air. Not saying, just saying.

Feature request: On a related noted. Any way to get ANY intake attached to the intercooler to function correctly? I had radially mounted intakes attached to the intercooler and it did not appear to cool that air....just the air through the primary ram intake attached to the front.

Thanks Wave/Fractal/anyone else working on this!!!

PS: We're still supposed to load the "KSP Interstellar Tree" at the beginning when it asks us to choose which Tech Tree to load...right?

The version in the OP is not compatible with the latest version of ksp. You'll need to stay with .23 or update your interstellar version. There is a working version in my sig, use the release version.

That acutally fixes the issues I was running in it seems. Thanks! No more parts not attaching or having broken menus.