[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Here is an Imgur Album of the telescope I have up.

This is my KSP.log and this is my output log. Like I said, it is a very heavily modded game, I could have easily screwed up something. Tomorrow I could try a simpler install

Basically what is happening is that I can click the Deep field button and it will turn into the stop survery button. I time warped at KSP for 25 days with it running. The liquid helium only dropped by one unit each per tank.

Edited by Rabada

Here is an Imgur Album of the telescope I have up.

This is my KSP.log and this is my output log. Like I said, it is a very heavily modded game, I could have easily screwed up something. Tomorrow I could try a simpler install

You seem to be missing the "Collect Telescope Data"/"Review Telescope Data"/"Reset Telescope Data" science experiment options. You could just check your WarpPlugin/Parts/Science/Telescope/part.cfg to make sure it has this:

MODULE
{
name = InterstellarTelescope
experimentID = ExpInterstellarTelescope
rerunnable = true
deployEventName = Collect Telescope Data
reviewEventName = Review Telescope Data
resetEventName = Reset Telescope Data
}

I also remember those buttons going missing before on the magnetometer experiment for certain people using a specific science report cfg mod. If you have anything like that, it could be a possible culprit.

You seem to be missing the "Collect Telescope Data"/"Review Telescope Data"/"Reset Telescope Data" science experiment options. You could just check your WarpPlugin/Parts/Science/Telescope/part.cfg to make sure it has this:

MODULE
{
name = InterstellarTelescope
experimentID = ExpInterstellarTelescope
rerunnable = true
deployEventName = Collect Telescope Data
reviewEventName = Review Telescope Data
resetEventName = Reset Telescope Data
}

I also remember those buttons going missing before on the magnetometer experiment for certain people using a specific science report cfg mod. If you have anything like that, it could be a possible culprit.

Yup, I only have this module

MODULE
{
name = FNInfraredTelescope
}

in that .cfg

Here is the whole .cfg. I thought I was very careful updating Interstellar. I'm going to reinstall it again.

The 550 AU (Astronomical Unit) requirement on the IR Telescope doesn't make much sense to me, since Kerbin is at 1 AU, so 550 AU would be an orbit around Kerbol that's 550 times the radius of Kerbin's orbit.

The 550 AU functions are only part of the telescope's options. It involves using Kerbol as a Gravitational Lens. In order for that to work, you need to be pretty far from the star.

You can do normal deep space telescope stuff from anywhere outside the atmosphere.

Yup, I only have this module

MODULE
{
name = FNInfraredTelescope
}

in that .cfg

Here is the whole .cfg. I thought I was very careful updating Interstellar. I'm going to reinstall it again.

FNInfraredTelescope is the module name from the old versions of Interstellar, definitely worth trying a reinstall.

The 550 AU functions are only part of the telescope's options. It involves using Kerbol as a Gravitational Lens. In order for that to work, you need to be pretty far from the star.

You can do normal deep space telescope stuff from anywhere outside the atmosphere.

FNInfraredTelescope is the module name from the old versions of Interstellar, definitely worth trying a reinstall.

It is working now! Thank-you! Re-installing Interstellar .12 fixed the issue. It's great to have you back!

regarding my earlier electric engine power distribution post

I was going through ElectricEngineControllerFX, and I found this:

List<ElectricEngineControllerFX> electric_engine_list = vessel.FindPartModulesImplementing<ElectricEngineControllerFX>();

int engine_count = electric_engine_list.Count;

this does not seem to exclude inactive engines and thus the following lines which balance thrust output use all active and inactive engines(with the inactive engines producing nothing and consuming nothing)

Maybe this will help, I don't know enough about ksp and unity to help write the fix and have gotten tired of looking for information on "vessel.FindPartModulesImplementing<>()" which I assume is detailed somewhere by someone online.

maybe there is a switch that makes "vessel.FindPartModulesImplementing<>()" only include active engines with the implemented module....

I've started a thread for some work I've been doing on Interstellar/Community Resource Pack integration.

I think I can get the current releases of Interstellar and MKS to play nicely together. I'm a day or two from having everything I want configured and tested, but I wanted to get what I have out there in case it helps anyone else who's working on the same issues.

I'm having a problem with the price of antimatter containers. When I hover my mouse over it in the part list it says it costs 0.00 for all three sizes but when I actually place the part the price of my ship is shown as some insanely huge negative number. -48192200.0 for the 1.25m container, -385537600.0 for the 2.5m, and -1301190000.0 for the 3.75m. When I launch the vehicle my funds increase by that number. I checked the config files for all three parts and the prices are shown as being 20000, 40000, and 60000. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Hi Fractal_UK, Glad you are back and OK. . . its always slightly worrying when a someone mysteriously goes silent all of a sudden!

Can I just add to the voices asking for Tweakscale in future version.

One of things I really like about Wavefunction's Lite version is the fact is seems to have a substantially reduce RAM usage in comparison to the your version, I kinda put this down to the reduced number of models (part packs always seem to jump up RAM usage the most!), there really is no reason to have 3 different models for the different reactor / other part sizes with tweakscale is there? I think this particular simplification on Waves part was a very good idea. . . . likewise with reducing 2 different refineries to the one etc.

Also I have had no issues thus far with Wave's pricing model, all seem very consistent with the rest of the game, I'd suggest you take advantage of his experience tweaking costs!

I do miss some of the greater complexity however.

Uggg I guess if I wanna switch back to your version at some point in the future I'll have to restart career again?!

Just my 2p

I'm having a problem with the price of antimatter containers. When I hover my mouse over it in the part list it says it costs 0.00 for all three sizes but when I actually place the part the price of my ship is shown as some insanely huge negative number. -48192200.0 for the 1.25m container, -385537600.0 for the 2.5m, and -1301190000.0 for the 3.75m. When I launch the vehicle my funds increase by that number. I checked the config files for all three parts and the prices are shown as being 20000, 40000, and 60000. Is there something I can do to fix this?

I believe this is because the "cost" defined in the part.cfg, for any part containing resources is actually the total cost of the part including the price of a full tank of any resources it contains. At the very least, this is how it works for tanks that start full. Given the negative prices you're getting, it looks like it works the same way for tanks that start empty (the antimatter tanks do start empty, yes?). If you have a specific "dry cost" thought up for your tank, you need to add the total cost of resources (calculated by resource units*price per unit) to that dry cost and input the total as the "cost" in the part.cfg file.

I believe this is because the "cost" defined in the part.cfg, for any part containing resources is actually the total cost of the part including the price of a full tank of any resources it contains. At the very least, this is how it works for tanks that start full. Given the negative prices you're getting, it looks like it works the same way for tanks that start empty (the antimatter tanks do start empty, yes?). If you have a specific "dry cost" thought up for your tank, you need to add the total cost of resources (calculated by resource units*price per unit) to that dry cost and input the total as the "cost" in the part.cfg file.

Thanks, I'll start fixing prices!

Hello, I'm having some problems with my fusion reactors. They don't generate any power, charged particles and thermal. I have enough power from an external source to power it and it says active but at 0,00% and doesn't do anything.

I believe the fuel mode could be wrong, for it says deuterium-tritium and I have deuterium-lithium, but I can't find any way to change it. Or could this be because the resources aren't in the part files for the reactors anymore?

Awesome undercoveryankee. Your post led me to a quick google search which brought up this thread that explains what you were talking about in a little further detail. following the instructions there completely fixed the problem I was having with FSanimategeneric.

Thanks again :)

Thank you, this really helped and now the lab is working fine.

Hello, I'm having some problems with my fusion reactors. They don't generate any power, charged particles and thermal. I have enough power from an external source to power it and it says active but at 0,00% and doesn't do anything.

I believe the fuel mode could be wrong, for it says deuterium-tritium and I have deuterium-lithium, but I can't find any way to change it. Or could this be because the resources aren't in the part files for the reactors anymore?

You have to set the fuel mode in the VAB/SPH. I don't know that you can change that after building the vehicle.

You have to set the fuel mode in the VAB/SPH. I don't know that you can change that after building the vehicle.

I've been able to switch fuel modes on fusion reactors in flight. Fissions with their EVA shutdown/fuel swap process are trickier.

There's no fuel mode that directly burns lithium. You can use Li as reaction mass or breed tritium from it. To run a reactor, you'll need a supply of tritium or helium-3 somewhere.

There's no fuel mode that directly burns lithium. You can use Li as reaction mass or breed tritium from it. To run a reactor, you'll need a supply of tritium or helium-3 somewhere.

Was this the same with the old version? Cause my reactors were working fine without such problems.

Do I really have to breed tritium first? I tried to do that but when I enabled tritium breeding nothing really happened.

@fractal I can't switch fuel in the vab, but I only unlocked the first fusion tier.

I'm getting the feeling I don't understand the basics of this stuff yet.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Is it intentional that the Hybrid Thermal Turbojets dont seem to be able to activate 100% of a nuclear reactor's output? If so I understand, it's kinda of OP to have them use the full force since it seems like they were designed for aircraft/SSTO use, but I was just curious since I can only seem to get Nuclear Generators to output 25% with them. Altogether there seems to be a good bit of unexplained (without severe testing) behavior regarding the %output of nuke reactors.

Was this the same with the old version? Cause my reactors were working fine without such problems.

Do I really have to breed tritium first? I tried to do that but when I enabled tritium breeding nothing really happened.

@fractal I can't switch fuel in the vab, but I only unlocked the first fusion tier.

I'm getting the feeling I don't understand the basics of this stuff yet.

Anyway thanks for your help.

It's hard to understand and with this interim version there are a few extra bits of difficulty that you wont get unless you've been following this mod/thread extensively...

To start: Current version has a problem with Tritium breeding, so you cant do it unless you want to back search this thread a bit and find a fix or wait for a new version.

Tokamak fusion reactors that require deuterium/tritium fuel have been switched in this new version to not carry D/T fuel onboard, so you need to add a cryostat of come sort to your ship. Unfortunately, the radial cryostats break the game into oblivion (your save will go blackscreeen until you restart the game any time the part is attached to the ship). There is also a fix for this a few pages back in this thread, if you are ambitious, or Fractal has said he will fix it in the next version. Even if you apply the fix though, you need to use the tweakables in the VAB to add the Tritium fuel though, since it will not be in the radial cryostats to begin with (not sure if intended, as in it's supposed to be a hard to get resource that you have to breed, or another bug that's slipping through versions).

Right now we're working with the first version Fractal's put out in quite some time due to his recent resurgence, so hopefully a few more things will be working soon. Good on him for making such a quick update! But of course that means certain temporary bugs.

Is it intentional that the Hybrid Thermal Turbojets dont seem to be able to activate 100% of a nuclear reactor's output? If so I understand, it's kinda of OP to have them use the full force since it seems like they were designed for aircraft/SSTO use, but I was just curious since I can only seem to get Nuclear Generators to output 25% with them. Altogether there seems to be a good bit of unexplained (without severe testing) behavior regarding the %output of nuke reactors.

Usually this happens because you cannot supply sufficient amounts of air to the reactor quickly enough for it to need to be at 100% power to heat it all. Adding huge amounts of air intakes will see the power you use go up but might well not be a practical solution.

To start: Current version has a problem with Tritium breeding, so you cant do it unless you want to back search this thread a bit and find a fix or wait for a new version.

Tokamak fusion reactors that require deuterium/tritium fuel have been switched in this new version to not carry D/T fuel onboard, so you need to add a cryostat of come sort to your ship. Unfortunately, the radial cryostats break the game into oblivion (your save will go blackscreeen until you restart the game any time the part is attached to the ship). There is also a fix for this a few pages back in this thread, if you are ambitious, or Fractal has said he will fix it in the next version. Even if you apply the fix though, you need to use the tweakables in the VAB to add the Tritium fuel though, since it will not be in the radial cryostats to begin with (not sure if intended, as in it's supposed to be a hard to get resource that you have to breed, or another bug that's slipping through versions).

Right now we're working with the first version Fractal's put out in quite some time due to his recent resurgence, so hopefully a few more things will be working soon. Good on him for making such a quick update! But of course that means certain temporary bugs.

I've made a huge number of fixes today and another whole host of code changes to change some of the more cobbled together parts of Interstellar to be more nicely engineered. Assuming all these changes work nicely and fix the reported bugs nicely, you should be seeing another release in the next day or two.

That's great to hear Fractal! I'm sorry that I didn't originally say anything about how glad I am that you are back before I started with my criticism. I just started playing again after a very long absence myself about a week ago and find it very fortuitous that you have come back so soon after! KSPI is like a borderline rebuild to this game and makes things so much more fun after you've gotten the stock experience down decently well. I tried my hand at KSPI-Lite and while I did appreciate a lot of the work done by Wavefunction to make it more understandable (it took a lot of wiki/forum lookup and practical testing to get the hang of KSPI originally), I didn't like a lot of the simplification that he did - it felt like just a new parts pack or something instead of a near rebuild like I'd been enjoying with your original version. I am very much excited for future fixes and if it develops even more then that's just fantastic!

Radiators are actually glowing, and new FX are very nice! But where is Magnetometr and antimatter collector?=(

And can't wait for radial antimatter collector. I'm sure i saw a completed model of itsomewhere in this tread but i can't find it=(