[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I am having a strange bug an do not know where to report it to.

What happens is when I mouse over an object it will expand until it disapeares after it reaches a certain size and the info starts flashing.

That is a stock bug that occurs when a part with three or more RESOURCE nodes has no PartModules. Many Interstellar parts have enough resources to trigger the bug if their modules fail to load for whatever reason. If you post a KSP log, we can probably figure out what PartModule isn't loading and why.

One more thing I'd like to see fixed- radiators break instantaneously upon contacting the atmosphere. And I don't mean they break at 25-30km like solar panels do- I mean that they break at 69km, the instant the craft enters the atmosphere. It's a small thing, but I've broken radiators multiple times because I triggered the action group when I was at 68km or something like that, assuming that it would be safe.

how fast u have go? if u have very high speed u can brake at about 50-60 but over 60?

Welcome Back Fractal_UK,

I added a couple of things to KSPI lite that should be compatile with the main-version without major changes.

If you are interested in them I can see to do a pull request to your repository.

He-3 decay in background: https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/pull/19

All radiators glow: https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/pull/10

I didn't see you said you'd create a pull request for those in my repo so I started making the changes manually but I'll commit what I've already done so you can add the remainder.

Thanks.

Welcome back! Have you planned something like a "patch" for 0.24? Nor the complete release, only fix the bugs because... i have researched fusion reactors on my savegame, but they can't produce nothing and... I dont want delete it.

Thanks for this mod!

Yep, I'm working on that at the moment but I need to finish off some changes that I started making before my absence. I think I'm getting fairly close though!

One more thing I'd like to see fixed- radiators break instantaneously upon contacting the atmosphere. And I don't mean they break at 25-30km like solar panels do- I mean that they break at 69km, the instant the craft enters the atmosphere. It's a small thing, but I've broken radiators multiple times because I triggered the action group when I was at 68km or something like that, assuming that it would be safe.
how fast u have go? if u have very high speed u can brake at about 50-60 but over 60?

Radiator breakage is based on dynamic pressure, similar to stock solar panels and RT2 antennas, but it looks like the maximum dynamic pressure of 0.0015 atm (about 150 Pa) is quite a bit more delicate than anything else that breaks at high dynamic pressure. Radiators are going to be extremely light for the amount of area they present to the airflow, so 150 Pa might be reasonable. I'll look at making max pressure adjustable in each part's config file so you can customize to taste or create an atmo-rated deployable radiator and send a pull request if I can get it working.

Again testing with aircraft because it saves me a lot of time but it looks like the first set of fission reactors are working correctly in the new reactor infrastructure.

I've also added a fuel lifetime thing to the interface to tell you how long before you'll need to refuel at your current useage rate. My new reactor system also lets me easily compare the energy density of KSPI fission fuels to real life and it appears that they match also identically, which makes me very happy.

HLfNgqI.jpg

Again testing with aircraft because it saves me a lot of time but it looks like the first set of fission reactors are working correctly in the new reactor infrastructure.

I've also added a fuel lifetime thing to the interface to tell you how long before you'll need to refuel at your current useage rate. My new reactor system also lets me easily compare the energy density of KSPI fission fuels to real life and it appears that they match also identically, which makes me very happy.

http://i.imgur.com/HLfNgqI.jpg

its look promising

http://i.imgur.com/HLfNgqI.jpg

Awesome! That's a feature I've always wanted but never quite articulated to myself.

Fission and Fusion reactors are all updated now. That just leaves the Antimatter Catalysed reactor to upgrade and to check through all the ElectricEngine upgrades that I made for 0.23.5.

Good to hear, Does that mean we are close to getting a working .24.2 version?

I can't find any of the contents of GameData/OpenResourceSystem in the github repository. Are there any changes I need to make to any of the texture or config files from 0.11?

No config changes thus far.

Good to hear, Does that mean we are close to getting a working .24.2 version?

I believe it does, yeah.

My KSP Interstellar save was working in x64 last night when I logged off. After converting back to x86 due to stability issues that had nothing to do with this mod, I started and began a new career save. The MuMech Tree Loader is reading blank with no entries listed of any kind in the tech tree dropdown box.

Two questions -- first, since none of the changes I made were to any of the Interstellar mod's folders, does anyone have any idea why this may have occurred? Second, screw the treeloader, how would I just run the standalone Interstellar tech tree and nothing else without the dropdown? (I get the feeling that the answer to my second question is deceptively simple.)

PS -- Every new save always asked me to download an update to the tree and then restart KSP. Never understood why that is. Could this have implications to my problem here? And in any event, how do I pre-download the updated tree so as to not have to worry about starting KSP twice for the first session?

Thanks!

No config changes thus far.

I believe it does, yeah.

Two questionsns :)

Any decisions RE ORS, the various pull requests done in your absence in Wave's branch (specifically the handling of duplicate ORS keys), and sharing resources? For now I've been having to turn users away at the door as we are incompatible due to duplicate ORS keys.

Were you going to use the seismograph model I had made for KSPI-L to avoid the conflict with the accellerometer experiment? If so, awesome. If not, no worries, I would just then release it under a separate pack. But in either case I'd hate to see the model go to waste.

My KSP Interstellar save was working in x64 last night when I logged off. After converting back to x86 due to stability issues that had nothing to do with this mod, I started and began a new career save. The MuMech Tree Loader is reading blank with no entries listed of any kind in the tech tree dropdown box.

Two questions -- first, since none of the changes I made were to any of the Interstellar mod's folders, does anyone have any idea why this may have occurred? Second, screw the treeloader, how would I just run the standalone Interstellar tech tree and nothing else without the dropdown? (I get the feeling that the answer to my second question is deceptively simple.)

PS -- Every new save always asked me to download an update to the tree and then restart KSP. Never understood why that is. Could this have implications to my problem here? And in any event, how do I pre-download the updated tree so as to not have to worry about starting KSP twice for the first session?

Thanks!

TreeLoader tries to present the pick-a-tree window if it doesn't find either a tree.cfg or notree.cfg in your save folder. If it finds a tree.cfg in the save, it loads it without trying to hit the online repository. The blank menu may be just a hosting problem with the online repository and nothing on your end.

It presents the "update" dialog, as best I can tell, if the version of a tree on disk doesn't match what's online (subject to whatever's ailing the online functionality at the moment).

If you manually copy tree.cfg from the Interstellar folder into your save folder, you'll be loading the right version of the tree and TreeLoader won't bug you for that save any more. I haven't found any way around the nag windows when starting a new save; that may have to wait for a more actively-maintained replacement to TreeLoader.

I haven't found a good way to prevent TreeLoader from bothering you or installing (or trying to) the online version and then offering to update on a new save.

just let me known when can I check what's the status (possibly via PM so I don't lose the post) :)

I didn't see you said you'd create a pull request for those in my repo so I started making the changes manually but I'll commit what I've already done so you can add the remainder.

Thanks.

Hi!

I know there's been an "update" for 0.24, but I can't find the link... I've searched the previous pages but can't find... probably passed by it, but didn't notice... can anyone please post the link for download the most recent version, or for the page it's in?

Thanks!

I can't wait, KSPI is IMO a required mod for the ones that have been playing a long time, also it means that Scott can continue IQ!!

Scott manley cannot becouse Infernal Roboticks will brake his save (and some other mods)

I was planning on working on upgrading reactors today but ended up doing something different.

The hope with this change is that, in the future, the Telescope, Interstellar Science Lab and Computer Core will all be integrated with the stock science system. They will continue to generate science in the background but instead of just incrementing the research pool value, you can harvest and transmit the data like any other science experiment.

In previous versions, the telescope has been a source of ongoing problems so I decided to rewrite the code from scratch to support the science system and it seems to work!

NG1jzmp.png