[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Wow thats what i call a fast reply. :)

I was afraid i was the only one bugged by it. It's good to know that it gets some attention by the mods devs.

I'll try to follow your suggestion (always too impatient :wink:)

Merely coincedental timing. Enjoy the game!

Is anyone else have a problem with installing the new version of interstellar? I tried replacing the warp plugin in my main game, but It always kept getting hung up on the augmented arcjet(everything up to that loaded fine). Finally I got fed up and tried a completly new, unmodded ksp with a new interstellar and it still got stuck up on the arcjet. The specific file is warpplugins/parts/engines/augmentedarcjet/part0/FNSmallerAugmentedArcjet

I haven't heard any complaints about that part in particular. What OS are you on?

The impactor detection is acting up again- this time on the Mun:

http://i.imgur.com/rNJ4P9k.png

I had no fewer than THREE impact sensors deployed on the mun (all close to the equator) and when I crashed this impactor into the Mun at over 664 m/s, I got no impact data...

http://imgur.com/a/R39LC

Regards,

Northstar

Have you quickloaded recently? If you go back in time to before an impact was recorded and try it again, you won't get the science or an error message; KSPI thinks that impact was already recorded.

Alright, I did some more research into the problem with the Dragon by cBBp, and I've come to the following conclusion: the bug only appears when BOTH the decoupler module AND the solar panel module are in the .cfg. The umbilical module has NO impact on anything.

If you want to, you can open KSP\GameData\WarpPlugin\science config file

then remove the replace science module

then you can do seismic experiments with and without impacters, and get science.

Has anyone been getting massive lag spikes in the VAB/SPH when placing some of the Interstellar parts such as the nuclear reactors and electric generators? When I place a single fission reactor, the game freezes up for about 1.5 seconds. With symmetry, the more copies, the longer the pause (8 symmetry can freeze for several seconds).

I've read some other posts in this thread about it, but there were never any solutions to it. This occured in 0.9 and now in 0.10. Was it ever discovered what causes it?

Has anyone been getting massive lag spikes in the VAB/SPH when placing some of the Interstellar parts such as the nuclear reactors and electric generators? When I place a single fission reactor, the game freezes up for about 1.5 seconds. With symmetry, the more copies, the longer the pause (8 symmetry can freeze for several seconds).

I've read some other posts in this thread about it, but there were never any solutions to it. This occured in 0.9 and now in 0.10. Was it ever discovered what causes it?

Happens to me too. I thought it might have been something to do with how many mods I had installed, but I don't think I'm pushing the memory limits yet.

I'm having the same issue.

I had the same problem. Running fuel lines from the helium cryo tanks to the telescope fixed it for me. I had no decouplers or docking ports in between so it seemed like the helium just doesn't follow the same flow rules as everything else.

Happens to me too. I thought it might have been something to do with how many mods I had installed, but I don't think I'm pushing the memory limits yet.

I don't think this is related to memory. The pause happens when placing the part on the ship (in fact, it happens as the cursor passes over any ship part to which the reactor or generator can attach to). At this point all art assets have been loaded into memory so if there were any pauses or errors that would pop up, they would occur when initially entering the VAB/SPH or whenever the parts' assets are loaded into memory.

Further, I've manually gone and shrunk all the texture files myself to either 1/4 or 1/8 size hugely cutting down on memory usage (some textures are just plain white or grey yet are 1024x1024 and since textures are not loaded into memory compressed, they can take up several megabytes even if the texture on disk only takes a few kilobytes).

I feel like this might be related to some kind of conflict with another mod as the two plugins are trying to calculate something when the part is being added but haven't been able to pinpoint any one thing as the culprit. :(

I don't think this is related to memory. The pause happens when placing the part on the ship (in fact, it happens as the cursor passes over any ship part to which the reactor or generator can attach to). At this point all art assets have been loaded into memory so if there were any pauses or errors that would pop up, they would occur when initially entering the VAB/SPH or whenever the parts' assets are loaded into memory.

Further, I've manually gone and shrunk all the texture files myself to either 1/4 or 1/8 size hugely cutting down on memory usage (some textures are just plain white or grey yet are 1024x1024 and since textures are not loaded into memory compressed, they can take up several megabytes even if the texture on disk only takes a few kilobytes).

I feel like this might be related to some kind of conflict with another mod as the two plugins are trying to calculate something when the part is being added but haven't been able to pinpoint any one thing as the culprit. :(

I need to do some testing on this issue because I don't have the same problem myself but, in principle, there is some limited file IO involved in testing whether a part is upgraded in the VAB, how much that file IO occurs depends exactly on how KSP handles the loading of parts in the VAB, it may be that it is reloading all of the parts every time the symmetry settings are changed. Generally, I develop, run and test Interstellar on an SSD to minimise loading times (pretty important when you have to reload the game every time you recompile the plugin) but a delay that is not really perceivable to me may be causing some kind of small and annoying delay on magnetic drives.

I have an SSD for my OS so I copied KSP over temporarily. The delay is shorter but it is still quite noticeable:

On a normal HDD, the delay is long enough for Windows to consider KSP non-responsive (although it does clear up once the pause is over).

I also experience the freezing in the VAB on a HDD. Its normaly not too bad but its most noticable when placeing radiators and seems to be worse the more copies are being added at a time. Its possible it happens with every part but I only notice it with radiators as that is one of the few parts I'm likely to apply with symetry alot. Single items are at most a framerate hickup, noticable but not a major slowdown.

I restarted a new career mode, cheated 50000 science and researched up to the unupgraded fission reactor. No pause when adding them to a ship. Researched fusion for the upgraded fission reactor, still no pause when adding the part. I will try to see at what point the pause starts to happen later...

Hey Fractal, could you check in FNPlugin/WarpPlugin.csproj? It's referenced in WarpPlugin.sln but isn't actually in git. It looks like it's actually in your .gitignore file which is correct for .suo files and everything in the /bin and /obj folders but the .csproj files are actually needed.

(I'm trying to fix the waste heat discrepancy between solar panels and the VAB helper that I reported - and I might also add small versions of some of the resource tanks like the UF4 tank, which I'd like for small probes and for a maintenance SSTO for my orbiting power station)

Thanks!

Noob question on the install: Install Instructions say "2. Unzip the KSP Instellar mod file into the main Kerbal Space Program directory. That is the main directory, not the GameData folder." Does this mean the "KSP_Data" folder? This is the first mod I've downloaded that wasnt just drop a folder in gamedata and I dont want to screw anything up.

Actually - it looks like a lot of the files in the git repository are very old. For example, the parts are months out of date. It would be great if you could update them, not just so others could make bug fixes but also so they'll be safe in case your hard drive kerbals :)

Actually - it looks like a lot of the files in the git repository are very old. For example, the parts are months out of date. It would be great if you could update them, not just so others could make bug fixes but also so they'll be safe in case your hard drive kerbals :)

Remember the other files are all in the download in raw form.

Noob question on the install: Install Instructions say "2. Unzip the KSP Instellar mod file into the main Kerbal Space Program directory. That is the main directory, not the GameData folder." Does this mean the "KSP_Data" folder? This is the first mod I've downloaded that wasnt just drop a folder in gamedata and I dont want to screw anything up.

Look at the directory structure inside the zip file - the install process is exactly the same as any other mod. There is a GameData folder inside the zip file so if you unzip it to the base KSP main directory, everything will go into the GameData folder.

No - it's the parent "Kerbals Space Program" directory, the one that contains both the GameData and KSP_Data directories.

Remember the other files are all in the download in raw form.

Of course - but I would feel more comfortable with my changes to the .cs files if I could be sure the correct build environment and that I've got the latest versions of everything. And if the respository doesn't have the latest files it's more difficult to offer patches back for consideration.

Hmm - would you like me to branch and commit a change that simply submits the latest versions of all the files in the 10.3 release? (I think that's the correct git terminology - I'm more familiar with Perforce.) I love the mod and want to contribute back :)

The gamedata folder is included in this zip file, so you would drop the entire thing into your main KSP folder. The end result should be ..../KSP/GameData/WarpPlugin (plus the other folders).

Some people here are fans of blizzy's toolbar, to those people I say this:

pzvzhbe.jpg

More Details

• Toolbar will not be required or packaged with Interstellar, if you want to use it, install it but if you don't have it nothing will change for you.
  • In the release version, if you have the toolbar, the sidebar button will be gone and the thermal helper will default to disabled in the VAB.
  • If you have toolbar, you'll have to enable the buttons in each scene in order to see them.