Hab/Hub (and other strange things)

zzz

Yep, it not works for me too. There also tranform involved as I see

Return all as it was and replace model with this http://www./?q7pcuabkndolh9q, I didn't test it extensively, but seems like orientation and exposure calculated for it correctly. You also need to add all this curves and resourses to cfg. If it not works for you too then I will look at it later, I'm bit sleepy curently

Edited by zzz

Definetly not from me, at least in the near future. I didn't feel the desire to model interiors and deal with all this control props or ability to make good one for piloting.

Edited by zzz

Fair enough - but I want to compliment you on the job you did with the Science Lab. It looks great, outside and inside too! The interior is nice and looks "scientific", the fold-out instruments animate nicely and including the barometer, thermometer and gravimeter was a nice touch (why no accelerometer?). We could certainly use more modules like this in the game - and hopefully when the R&D experiments come out in .22, it will be easy to update this module to work with that system somehow.

I love these parts! One problem I'm having, is getting the Crosswalk docking part to change the location of the actual docking port when the part is "extended". So when the part extends outward, then the actual docking port should be at the extended end, but it's still where it would be unextended. The result is that the docking port object visually collides with whatever it's trying to dock with. I've looked at the KSP parts config documentation, and have tried modifying this by changing node_stack_top to "0.0, .6, 0.068, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1" which would visually make sense, but no luck. Any ideas?

of the actual docking port when the part is "extended". So when the part extends outward, then the actual docking port should be at the extended end, but it's still where it would be unextended. The result is that the docking port object visually collides with whatever it's trying to dock with.

This was by design, is not "extends" - it's "seal the gap" and "hides the dock(implying it will be standart medium size clamp-o-tron)" to create "seamless" connection. I don't remember clear how dock ports defined but I think it use "game object" rather than cfg definition so you can't "fix" it on your side, but maybe I'm wrong

Edited by zzz

Sweet looking parts here, namely boxes, radiator panel and engine mounts.

On a topic of engine mounts, could you make version whith 1.25 radial base, and make an animation for shutters (because other intakes on them are looking bad)?

This will add an attachment node to the hatch area of the dome.

node_stack_right = 2.205, -0.208908, 0.0, -1, 0, 0, 1

If you use the sumghai's IACBM (docking port) from the Fustek Expansion you can still click through it to the hatch

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35043-0-20-FusTek-Station-Parts-Expansion

Hi zzz

I love all your work ! Thanks you so much for sharing !

Can I ask you if you could add the sun exposure informations to your Greenhouse module too, please ? (I'm trying to make it act as a solar panel and produce its goodies only when the panels are open ;) )

PS: Sorry for my bad english ! :D

Hi zzz

I love all your work ! Thanks you so much for sharing !

Can I ask you if you could add the sun exposure informations to your Greenhouse module too, please ? (I'm trying to make it act as a solar panel and produce its goodies only when the panels are open ;) )

PS: Sorry for my bad english ! :D

WARNING

The following is untested but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. No promises though.

Remove this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = door
startEventGUIName = Remove Shutters
endEventGUIName = Close Shutters
}

Add this animationName = door to the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel MODULE

So that it looks like this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
animationName = door
sunTracking = false

raycastTransformName = glass
pivotName = glass

isBreakable = false

resourceName = GLight

chargeRate = 0.001001

powerCurve
{
key = 206000000000 0 0 1
key = 13599840256 1 0 1
key = 68773560320 0.5 0 1
key = 0 10 0 1
}
}

Note that at the very least the GUI button will change. It won't say anything about opening/closing shutters anymore. I know of no way around that using this method.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do ! ...and that fail. :(

Sun exposure seems ok since I've got a value varing on the path of the sun. But nothing is produced (Electricity in my case, for testing purpose).

That's why I'm thinking there's missing informations about the sun exposition/production ratio in the module.

Btw, thank you for the try ! :wink:

That's exactly what I'm trying to do ! ...and that fail. :(

Sun exposure seems ok since I've got a value varing on the path of the sun. But nothing is produced (Electricity in my case, for testing purpose).

That's why I'm thinking there's missing informations about the sun exposition/production ratio in the module.

Btw, thank you for the try ! :wink:

Ok I had a chance to try it out and it is working. But only up to a point.

If shutters are open it produces. If shutters are closed it does not. But it's not working very well. I didn't try having it produce any other resource nor did I change the amount of 'GLight' it tries to produce so what it looks like is happening is that the amounts of resource it produces is scaled back a lot. Probably because isn't getting the boost it should from direct sunlight.

I'm thinking it has to do with the differences in how deployables work versus non-deployables and how they're declared in the module. Maybe the module thinks that if there's an animation involved that it must be a tracking panel even though it explicitly was declared as non-tracking, but that makes no sense to me.

Thank you for your test and your feedback !

So you got it to work ? :huh:

I'm wondering why mine refuse to work... :confused:

I will switch back to Glight resource and give it a shot after my full reinstall :D Thank you again ! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.