Hab/Hub (and other strange things)

zzz

Hey Zzz, im trying to figure out, for your crosswalk pack you released a while ago, are any of those docking modules? If so which one, if not............Can you make me one with that style? Please? :D

Im trying to make a cool looking space station using your crosswalk and Hab/hub parts (scaling them to be a little bigger). I could just send it all up as one giant conglomerate but I honestly hate seeing things sent up like that, I prefer to have to join all the segments together in space if possible.

Edit: Again loving all the stuff you have put out so far.

Second Edit: Lol im a dumbass, i just re-read original post for walkway.

Edited by OopsThatNotWork

Hey Zzz, im trying to figure out, for your crosswalk pack you released a while ago, are any of those docking modules?

Suddenly there already docking module in it. I can't remeber how it was called, something "adapter", with cool animation. It docks with standart clamp-o-tron.

i just re-read original post for walkway.

Did not notice that part. Well, glad you figured this out.

Edited by zzz

If you know what I can to put into description of something - you can just write it and I will put it in.

Title: Triple Z Industries Habitation Hub

Description: ZZZ Presents the latest must have technology in extra-planetary accommodation and leisure facilities.

Comes in two variants, a hardened scientific outpost and a glass domed recreation and accommodation hub.

Glass Dome Includes:

- Pretty lights

- Accommodation for up to 6 Kerbals

- Pool and sun lounging area

- Tattoo parlour

- Ten pin bowling

- Plenty of snacks

- A small branch of Jeb's tavern

- KRS tax office to ensure even in space Kerbals pay their taxes

Hardened Dome Includes:

- Deuterium research facility

- Space snack and Low-G Marshmallow manufacturing testing kitchen

- KAARP array

- White coat and clipboard R&D test bench

Title: Triple Z Industries Habitation Hub

Description: ZZZ Presents the latest must have technology in extra-planetary accommodation and leisure facilities.

Comes in two variants, a hardened scientific outpost and a glass domed recreation and accommodation hub.

Glass Dome Includes:

- Pretty lights

- Pool and sun lounging area

- Tattoo parlour

- Ten pin bowling

- Plenty of snacks

- A small branch of Jeb's tavern

- KRS tax office to ensure even in space Kerbals pay their taxes

Hardened Dome Includes:

- Deuterium research facility

- Space snack and Low-G Marshmallow manufacturing testing kitchen

- KAARP array

- White coat and clipboard R&D test bench

Nice write up :) Should edit that in on the install i have.

Hey zzz i just wanted to say thanks again and give a preview of what im using your stuff for. Its only a partial of what I hope to make it look like in the end, but still hope someone thinks it looks cool besides me. Re-sized alot of the parts for aesthetic reasons.

Thanks a bunch and keep puting things up if you create anything cool.

x8GHNxB.jpg

Lol and yes for all critics who will scrutinize the photo, I am quicksaving, I have had alot of stations either combust for little to no reason and im docking everything by hand.

Wow that is awesome. How much did you scale the larger one by?

Suddenly, I think I know what parts I'm using for my Duna Expeditionary Base that I'm planning... aaaand, oops, I just tried to right click and change camera position on your picture :P

Hey zzz i just wanted to say thanks again and give a preview of what im using your stuff for. Its only a partial of what I hope to make it look like in the end, but still hope someone thinks it looks cool besides me. Re-sized alot of the parts for aesthetic reasons.

Thanks a bunch and keep puting things up if you create anything cool.

x8GHNxB.jpg

Lol and yes for all critics who will scrutinize the photo, I am quicksaving, I have had alot of stations either combust for little to no reason and im docking everything by hand.

Wow that is awesome. How much did you scale the larger one by?

Suddenly, I think I know what parts I'm using for my Duna Expeditionary Base that I'm planning... aaaand, oops, I just tried to right click and change camera position on your picture :P

Thanks. Both of those domes are scaled actually. The smaller one is re-scale of 3 and the larger one is a re-scale of 6. Ill post another picture sometime this weekend so it will be easier to tell since im going to have some of the traditional sized ones as well. I got another wing (similar to the branch coming off the large dome) attached last night, but it still needs more work.

I also copied/re-scaled the crosswalks too. Those had a rescale of 1.5, but then I had to fix the attachment points so they were in their appropriate location (ie. end of the parts instead of inside them).

Thanks. Both of those domes are scaled actually. The smaller one is re-scale of 3 and the larger one is a re-scale of 6. Ill post another picture sometime this weekend so it will be easier to tell since im going to have some of the traditional sized ones as well. I got another wing (similar to the branch coming off the large dome) attached last night, but it still needs more work.

I also copied/re-scaled the crosswalks too. Those had a rescale of 1.5, but then I had to fix the attachment points so they were in their appropriate location (ie. end of the parts instead of inside them).

Think you could post the scaled .cfg files for those of us who haven't gotten that far into cfg editing? ^_^?

Also the mediafire links for the Hab model and the 'greenhouse' keep getting a 'failed to connect' thing... just FYI

Think you could post the scaled .cfg files for those of us who haven't gotten that far into cfg editing? ^_^?

Also the mediafire links for the Hab model and the 'greenhouse' keep getting a 'failed to connect' thing... just FYI

Well its not my mod so I cant post any files, but I can tell you what lines to change if you would like to know. It was pretty simple actually. Ill look them up and paste/edit them here in a little.

You will have to ask zzz about the mediafire links.

Edit: So all I did to the hab/hubs to get the larger was literally change:

rescaleFactor = 1

into

rescaleFactor = 6

or for a medium sized dome

rescaleFactor = 3

And for the crosswalk pieces I was honestly just guessing at the rescaled values based on the look I was going for so I used

rescaleFactor = 1.5

The problem I had with the crosswalk resizing was that unlike on the domes, the attachment nodes didnt shift so I had to fix them manually. NOTE these node placements will likely only work for a scale factor of 1.5.

For short bridge piece:
node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.20, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

For the docking module:
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.01, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.48, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

For the radial attachment module:
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.445, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

For Crosswalk Type A Long:
node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.36, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -3.36, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

For Crosswalk Type B Long:
node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.36, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -3.36, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

For Crosswalk Type A Short:
node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.67, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.67, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

For Crosswalk Type B Short:
node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.67, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.67, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Note if you want multiple sizes of the same part, you are going to have to copy and rename the .cfg files for each part size. Also suggest changing the name and title lines in the cfg file as well so easier to distinguish the different sizes in game.

Lastly like to repeat this is not my work, I have made no changes to this mod other than re-sizing some pieces, all credit for mod itself goes to zzz.

Well its not my mod so I cant post any files, but I can tell you what lines to change if you would like to know. It was pretty simple actually. Ill look them up and paste/edit them here in a little.

You will have to ask zzz about the mediafire links.

ZZZ has thus far released all their stuff into the public domain (see opening post), so I'm pretty sure you can post up your own modified files although I'm sure attribution would be nice

ZZZ has thus far released all their stuff into the public domain (see opening post), so I'm pretty sure you can post up your own modified files although I'm sure attribution would be nice

Ok, well then here is a link to a zip file with all the changed cfg files.

http://www./download/1wespdx2pqnb891/Resized_CFG_files.zip

Edit: Woops forgot to separate Hub/Hab and Crosswalk parts. The files partmed and partlarge are the Hab/Hub files.

So I finished the first generation of my spacedock using these parts. For those interested, here it is.

VdK9Wpm.jpg

I was using the SpaceDock from the 2009 Star Trek Video as inspiration.

NCZnQjg.jpg

I already have plans for a newer generation of the station which will be more functional, it will be a fuel depot with enough escape-craft for all kerbals on board, but I probably wont tackle that for a while.

Where did the space walks come from? When I click any of the toggles, it says opening and nothing happens.

You are saying that if you toggle ANY of the crosswalk pieces that nothing happens, ie. shutters dont move? Or are you asking if the crosswalks come out of the habs/hubs?

You are saying that if you toggle ANY of the crosswalk pieces that nothing happens, ie. shutters dont move? Or are you asking if the crosswalks come out of the habs/hubs?

I'm saying that I click on the hub, click toggle... nothing happens. Does anything supposed to happen, it just says "moving" "locked" and that's it. Are those walk ways supposed to come out?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Didn't see additional links in your sig.

Edited by Capt.Joseph Kerbertson

I'm saying that I click on the hub, click toggle... nothing happens. Does anything supposed to happen, it just says "moving" "locked" and that's it. Are those walk ways supposed to come out?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Didn't see additional links in your sig.

Hehe, it happens. No problem. Yea those are additional parts.

Edit: also those parts made by zzz. I just made something i wanted to post with them.

Oops how did you get the hub attached at the end of the cross walks..I put an adapter on but trying to position the next hub...has been painful to say the least :)

It depends on which hub you are referring to. Ill post some VAB pictures later today for you so its easier to tell, but the gist of it is that I used either radial attachment modules and or a bridge module to connect the crosswalks to the hubs. To link them all together I used the docking modules which are a bit tricking since you have to make sure they are facing the right way. Make sure to check zzz's crosswalk page: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40207-Crosswalk-narrow-passageway?p=516396#post516396

Edit sry for not responding sooner, i check forums about once a day, surprised missed your question.

Second Edit: nice cruiser, i did think it was a submarine first though when i saw it :P. But im pretty sure thats cause it was in SPH.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.