[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Beautiful mod, giving it a go, downloading now.

Eager to try cloud pack and the star field looks just beautiful.

EDIT: This is most impressive, changes how KSP feels completely.

However, I'm having problems with Cloud Pack, the planet textures come out black, if anyone know what might be the issue please do reply.

Edited by cesarcurado

I've done the texture changes several hours ago but I'm still playing KSP right now. Just have to say I keep being amazed by the graphics now. It's outstanding from space, building my Kerbin Space Station, I feel like I'm watching a NASA or ESA channel. I can't imagine how it would be if I was skilled enough to run a mission like the Constellation mission I've seen on this forum.

A asynchronous cloud feature would be awsome, I'd prefer that over suit customisation at first. However, on a French forum, there's already a guy who've succeeded tweaking the Kerbal faces. :]

I've done the texture changes several hours ago but I'm still playing KSP right now. Just have to say I keep being amazed by the graphics now. It's outstanding from space, building my Kerbin Space Station, I feel like I'm watching a NASA or ESA channel. I can't imagine how it would be if I was skilled enough to run a mission like the Constellation mission I've seen on this forum.

A asynchronous cloud feature would be awsome, I'd prefer that over suit customisation at first. However, on a French forum, there's already a guy who've succeeded tweaking the Kerbal faces. :]

Well I've also changed the kerbal face, that's not a big deal - can I have a link to that? Maybe he did something else.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood a previous post here and thought it was challenging. :) Don't know what he has done exactly, here is the post. You probably already know how to do it anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by Korb Biakustra

Oh sorry, I misunderstood a previous post here and thought it was challenging. :) Don't know what he has done exactly, here is the post. You probably already know how to do it anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah, he just swapped out the face texture, probably over the .assets (which is against the EULA) file and not over a plugin like I do. I'm working on a feature that allows each kerbal to have his own unique face independantly, thats what I meant with a Kerbal-Variety feature ^^.

Edited by Tingle

Yeah, he just swapped out the face texture, probably over the .assets (which is against the EULA) file and not over a plugin like I do. I'm working on a feature that allows each kerbal to have his own unique face independantly, thats what I meant with a Kerbal-Variety feature ^^.

Hello

First of all, thank you for your mod

Now, I have read your post who explain to extract the texture

Then I have make modification to the head

Ok it's not a big deal

But , i have to say you can change (everyone can change) the head by add the line

kerbalHead = Textures/Kerbal/Head/Head1

in the UniversReplacer.cfg

and add the dossier "Textures/Kerbal/Head/Head1 "

So I think it's not against the rules EULA (do not edit files asset) :)

For all you Kethane users, I fixed the compatibility issue, it will be implemented in the next update (v2.3) - until then you have to use Kethane 0.74.

Is this why Mushroom's planets dont work for me? I have Kethane 0.75.

EDIT: Oh, I am also running the wrong version. Ha!

Edited by Blaylock1988

Is this why Mushroom's planets dont work for me? I have Kethane 0.75.

Yes, that's why ;) With Kethane 0.75 planet textures are not replaced. .. Well until replacer 0.23 is out ;P

by the way, we overlooked another incompatibility post a few pages back

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer?p=577828&viewfull=1#post577828

This mod (Eva Followers) -> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/36425-20-2-EVA-Followers-0-12-%28Open-to-a-Good-Home%29/page8

Anyone checked that?

Yes, that's why ;) With Kethane 0.75 planet textures are not replaced. .. Well until replacer 0.23 is out ;P

by the way, we overlooked another incompatibility post a few pages back

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer?p=577828&viewfull=1#post577828

This mod (Eva Followers) -> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/36425-20-2-EVA-Followers-0-12-%28Open-to-a-Good-Home%29/page8

Anyone checked that?

yes i tested it out and the skybox texture didn't show up eventhough it has been loaded

With the given power, I dicided to make all of the Kerbol system star to look like Sol system stars! I'm done with Moho and Eve.

I know it's not usefull, but it's good for schinemtics!

Edited by eran100

Hmmm I must be doing something wrong, I can see the modified skybox, but even tho I "should" be high enuff, I cannot see the clouds around kerbin :(

2a3.png

The Skybox is the stars in the sky, not actully Kerbin.

Hmmm I must be doing something wrong, I can see the modified skybox, but even tho I "should" be high enuff, I cannot see the clouds around kerbin :(

Yeah, if you want clouds you'll have to download my pack. Mine doesn't come with a skybox (even though I used one for the screenshots :P).

I've written about the Kethane/UniverseReplacer conflict here. Turns out (surprise surprise) it's a stock bug that causes mod conflicts.

Nice write up, hope the devs fix this soon. For now the plugin will run on Instantly with once set to false :P.

The Skybox is the stars in the sky, not actully Kerbin.
Yeah, if you want clouds you'll have to download my pack. Mine doesn't come with a skybox (even though I used one for the screenshots :P).

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough :)

I have the following installed:

Universe Replacer v2.2

Apatheticjester's Dreamscape Skybox

mushroomman's Cloud Pack

I put the skybox and cloud pack archives into the Gamedata/universereplacer folder but as I said above, even tho the skybox shows up the clouds don't..

Just to prove I got the files in the right place, here is another pic :)

g9gy.jpg

Edited by Simplicity