Which original 60's cosmonaut/astronaut is most similar mentally to Jeb

Pawelk198604

Well, courage and stupidity parameters aren't really an subject to judge yet, because are here, since first release of the game to govern kerbals emotions and would change when career mode get some shape.

From Apollo era astronauts I would choose (despite fact that astronaut are pretty tough in general) John Young and Neil Armstrong, because of their reputation of keeping their cool untouched in extreme situations... maybe they wasn't so crazy like Jeb ,but John Young blood pressure was nearly not changing during launches :cool:.

EDIT_1:

Pete Conrad.

I must admit, that this guy was certain winner when it comes to sense of humor... and was also very skilled astronaut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSN4MIsP_90

Won't really showing Pete, but it's giving pretty good picture :)

Edited by karolus10

John Paul Stapp

by the way, reading about him made me search wikipedia to human subject experimentation, bringing me to nazi experiments, bringing me to the WWII Doctor Trials, which brought me to read about a certain famous british executioner Albert Pierrepoint who executed some of these doctors, which brought me to learn about two people he executed John Amery and William Joyce "Lord Haw Haw" which brought me to listen to some WWII radio propoganda, which brought me to watch some historical WWII videos, which brought me to find a show called "Crash Course History" on youtube, which brought me to watch shows about the Roman Empire, WWII, WWI, industrialization of the economy, and other such things. and now, I closed all those tabs after those few hours of learning, and to tell you thank you :sticktongue:

yay learning

What about Jim Lovell?

That guy piloted Gemini's and Apollo's .Also he almost died in Apollo 13 ...

considering most of my craft have a major explosion and can still make it back, yea, he'll do.

Guest Brody_Peffley

The thing what makes jeb is he knows hes safe because in his mind. Its at the front saying "WHOOO I'LL JUST BE REBUILT" While all the other astronauts have that back in there mind while in the front of theres is this, "OH GOD WERE GOING TO DIE"

That means, That jeb always knows that he won't die even if he feels pain.

While everyone else is just too worried on the ship heading towards the ground :D

Well given I have saluted the man in my signature since I started playing KSP and have considered him one of my personal heroes since the Gemini days, gotta go with Pete.

And if you haven't read his bio yet, Rocketman you are in for a treat. Here's the cover. Now tell me that ain't Jeb.

Oct1xSi.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.