[0.21.x] YARD Aerospace Pack (0.12)

Yarbrough08

This mod has been fairly optimized to take up less HDD space and less RAM (as of this post takes up less than 10MB when unzipped). In each folder the parts share a common texture (versus loading a different one for each part) and another texture when applicable (like the empty flag texture for the pod). This means that like the B9 pack, you cannot count the parts by counting the folders and you cannot move the files to the parts folder like in previous versions of KSP.

Congratz man I love this shuttle you have made, and can't wait for the IVA and some wheels because lets face it custom gear built into command pod + vanilla landing gear = damn goofy lookin landing's, but I really like this mod.

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it. I am thinking about releasing a version 0.15 with some of the parts that were requested (original Mk II parts, some additional wings that I have already completed, and maybe some landing gears). Then start on the IVA for the version 0.2 release. After all, the requested parts were really easy to create..

it would be great for custom landing gear, but also some RCS tanks would be nice.

can't wait for the new parts!

They do have RCS don't they but there side mounted, the only gripe I have have about them is that they are extending out from the side without blending in at all so it doesn't look very aerodynamic.

I do apologize for the slow progress lately.. Real life has slowed things down this week; my wife's birthday, started a new job, and getting my daughter ready to start school this year. I will be making an update soon though (within the next couple of days)

Totally understandable. Surprised your still working on it with all that going. My wife's birthday was yesterday, have a three year old son, even took a vacation last week and I'm still going nuts. I appreciate your work. Take your time chief.

is those parts at the wings with the engines attacked parts u made also?

Yes, those will be the new original sized Mk. II parts. 2m (including a landing gear section), 3m, and 4.5m long segments, as well as an adapter to 1.25m and a 2x1.25m splitter used in those pictures.

The parts look awesome, but when I loaded up my game and had a look the parts, I found the fuel tanks and adaptors to be too small to fit with the rest of parts in your mod. They look to be about half the size they should be.

A few requests:

Over-under style Mk1 cockpit mount and jet intake to Firespitter oblong fuselage adaptor or something, like so:

j10_01.jpg

Mk1 cockpit mount with side jet intakes to Mk2 fuselage adaptor, a little bit like this:

f22_rapto_deadliest_fighter_jets_1365480055_540x540.jpg

Firespitter oblong cockpit mount with side jet intakes to Mk1 fuselage adaptor kind of like this:

76859-fighter-jets-used-by-allied-forces-in-libyan-airstrike.jpg

Firespitter Oblong to Mk2 fuselage adaptor

@sidfu: are you referring to a stack decoupler, or a radial decoupler?

@15nelsoc: there are 2 different sizes., they are marked as Mk. II (for the original sized parts), and Mk. II-L (for the large 3.75m parts).

@ultrasquid: I'll look into it. The Mk1 to Mk2 with intakes is no problem, but the firespitter oblong might be problematic since I have no reference files for it.

@ultrasquid: I'll look into it. The Mk1 to Mk2 with intakes is no problem, but the firespitter oblong might be problematic since I have no reference files for it.

Look in the firespitter release main post. Snjo had download for the oblong parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.