Orbital denial vehicle!!

RedRockets

The WorkShops of RedRockets is proud to present...

K-Navy SAT DESTROYER MK6/R!!

(A Fast Straight UP ANTI-SAT LAUNCHER -- 8 Missiles 8 Chances to Down Your Target!)

Spare no expense in keeping your orbit clear of all the unwanted new neighbors!

FAST STRIKE - AND UNMANNED!!

Limited to >1 Orbit But Very Close ~34,000m Perigee.

Fully Reusable fuel tanks (Radial Parachutes Bring Everyone Down Safe)

No Crew to worry about returning, and the best feature

Eight High-Velocity Fire and Forget Impactor Missiles!!

The sequencing is set to launch each missile individually, any change in sequence will ruin your launch... a word to the wise...watch out!!

A polar orbit is the most realistic mission profile but East-West works just fine too.

The rocket is designed to be flown with very minimal human inputs just like a military missile.

Use the RCS and the SAS; burn the first stage top dead center, the next at apogee at 45 deg for the first half tank then down hard on that horizon until burn out!!

Your apogee should be over 150,000m and the Perigee below 35,000m -- (Not Enough For A Full Orbit But With the realistic mission profile and the parachutes a splash down or hard landing means full recovery and reuse.)

While on your sub-orbital fight enjoy taking pot shots at the nearby KSS or Com-Sat!! Eight chances in total --

Sequence: 1 - Nose Cone Flare : 2 - Missile Solid Motor : 3: - Decoupler

Not meant to start an arms race in space...but....You Feel Lucky Punk? Well Do Ya?

Throw Down!!

Craft Files --- MK6 no parachutes

MK6 R/t - recovery test you need to re-sequence the parachutes for the last stage!!!!

RRs

Guest Flixxbeatz

ICBM?

KSP2011-11-1121-04-30-13.jpg

KSP2011-11-1910-49-34-53.jpg

Side notes:

both only have 1 warhead. the first one flies well. The second one (roughly a copy of Minuteman ICBM) can\'t be tested ... yet... due to launchpad (and large rocket) bugs.

8)

ICBM?

KSP2011-11-1121-04-30-13.jpg

KSP2011-11-1910-49-34-53.jpg

Side notes:

both only have 1 warhead. the first one flies well. The second one (roughly a copy of Minuteman ICBM) can\'t be tested ... yet... due to launchpad (and large rocket) bugs.

8)

Lets See Your Mission Pics?

I bet they\'re better than mine.

I got something to show today, too: The 'Kutuzov III'. Of course its my bad design: Too big, only 90% done (i.e. the rockets dont fire ALL when asked for) and could use alitte tweaking here and there. However, flies like a charm, even if she takes a little nudging to get to a stable orbit. Then, who needs a stable orbit if you can blow shit out of the sky?

Fires 8 massive Interceptor vehicles with their own SAS for evasive maneuvers and last-minute course corrections.

Currently launches two at once.

Regards!

With all these ICBMs flying about, it\'s a good thing I have my Mjolnir-class ABM/ASAT weapon satellite.

Can launch four missiles with reasonable accuracy.

lJcv1.jpg

lE81D.jpg

YITSG.jpg

Missile launch testing:

KbbG4.jpg

3VVBK.jpg

eJH6b.jpg

This rocket looks much more like my Dnepr-1 replica... But anyway this rocket is a beast 8)

With all these ICBMs flying about, it\'s a good thing I have my Mjolnir-class ABM/ASAT weapon satellite.

Can launch four missiles with reasonable accuracy.

lJcv1.jpg

lE81D.jpg

YITSG.jpg

Missile launch testing:

KbbG4.jpg

3VVBK.jpg

eJH6b.jpg

Download link? I and others could use that whatwith all the missiles flying about. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.