Is MechJeb cheating?

Zerro

It matters to you. I regret to inform you that what matters to you is meaningless to how others play. See what I mean about people who feel they're fit to decide for others? Why do you care how other people play? Are you the sort of person that pushes little kids of bikes because they have training wheels and you don't need them? There are a lot of things other people can do easily that you can't - is it right for them to tell you how to live because of it?.

If you assume i puch kids of bikes, is fair to assume you burn teachers because they dare to teach to people?

Honestly, it pains me, i am sure the dev team wanted to make this game to taught people about space and to apreciate it, but now we have a community who doesn't want to learn about it, because why learn? mechjeb does it, Why walk if we have wheelchairs? Why learn mathematics if we have calculators?

You know why? Because it makes you depend of them, and the day you find yourself without them, you then will fill useless, and i have see it in this community, users than the moment MJ fails or stops working the are like fish out of water to do the most basic things, i have see people claim the astronauts are little more than paper weights and even people claiming the game was impossible to play without MJ

Honestly, if being called a cheater for using Mechjeb maybe you sure try playing without it and see the difference, but remember, you may be lying about your skill level both ways

Wrong.

KSP for windows (thats what i using) is a 32bit program. As such it will only be able to use around 3.5gb(varies) of ram before it becomes unstable and ends up crashing. Installing mods will increase memory usage REGARDLESS if a ship is loaded or not. You can get KSP to crash from to many mods installed before it can finish loading.

and you listed 3 mods.....i said ALOT =P

Rather simple to see this using a system resource monitor. A fresh install of KSP will use XXX amount of ram at KSC scene (where ya pick VAB/SHP and whatnot). Now install a few mods....*gasp* the memory usage has gone a bit in THE SAME SCENE.....there's a limit

While KSP might go a bit slower with the mods I said installed, there is no way you're going to drop a whole 10 FPS from it. I've got Kethane, KAS, and a few other mods that add to the KSP experience, and I use the nearly the same amount of RAM I had before. Maybe you aren't installing them correctly, or are you just not on a very advanced rig? I'm not trying to degrade you here, as I have decent hardware and I have to be careful in KSP as to not lock it up.

While KSP might go a bit slower with the mods I said installed, there is no way you're going to drop a whole 10 FPS from it. I've got Kethane, KAS, and a few other mods that add to the KSP experience, and I use the nearly the same amount of RAM I had before. Maybe you aren't installing them correctly, or are you just not on a very advanced rig? I'm not trying to degrade you here, as I have decent hardware and I have to be careful in KSP as to not lock it up.

Ok...you guys seem not to be understanding ALOT lol!

No, 5 mods in place of MJ on its own, not a big deal, KW+NP+B9(ewww)...just the 3...no problem.

You add that ONTOP of the 12 or so other mods I use....starts to be a problem.

Saying you can install an infinite number of mods is inaccurate information, no matter how you want to try and argue it.

And FYI:

All my mods are installed properly (and updated or tested in 0.21+).

Asus MD, i7Quad, Nvidia631hd(with 2gb ram onboard) and 16gig system memory, running win8

its not my rig bud(not that its a great machine lol, but more than fit for KSP), I should also note I have to play with textures at 1/2 res and render speed at fast to play with as many mods as I use

Edited by KhaosCorp

If you assume i puch kids of bikes, is fair to assume you burn teachers because they dare to teach to people?

But you're not a teacher. I can tell - because if you only want to dictate how people should learn, you're not truly interested in how people learn or how they play, and that's a shame. But if we're going to talk about learning, believe me, I'd have a thing or two to say about that post... :rolleyes:

I'm not worried about feeling "useless" in a game. See, it's not real. I accomplish enough of lasting significance in my daily life that I don't feel a need to validate myself to others in the context of a game. I'm honestly amazed that a game like this appeals to competitive players anyhow, since that's clearly not the thrust of it. As for "skill level"? Again, I don't care. I play for fun - this isn't a "test of skill" to me.

My outlook on this whole issue can be summed up thusly: I believe that everyone should have the right to play the game the way he or she wants, and that no one else has the right to say otherwise.

Honestly, it pains me, i am sure the dev team wanted to make this game to taught people about space and to apreciate it, but now we have a community who doesn't want to learn about it, because why learn? mechjeb does it, Why walk if we have wheelchairs? Why learn mathematics if we have calculators?

You know why? Because it makes you depend of them, and the day you find yourself without them, you then will fill useless, and i have see it in this community, users than the moment MJ fails or stops working the are like fish out of water to do the most basic things, i have see people claim the astronauts are little more than paper weights and even people claiming the game was impossible to play without MJ

Honestly, if being called a cheater for using Mechjeb maybe you sure try playing without it and see the difference, but remember, you may be lying about your skill level both ways

But, and this is my point, not an attack, who cares?