NPC Kerbals at the KSC

Hi!

I was recently walking around the KSC admiring the new buildings, and it just feels a little barren. Compare it to the lively feeling while inside the VAB/SPH.

Since the textures and models already exist for Kerbals and vehicles, it would be sweet if they could be added to the centre.

This would make things more interesting.

But I would hope a space center would be a no smoking zone.

I was meaning to make a grandstand for kerbals to watch from a while ago.. Maybe sometime.

something I'd love to have in addition to walking around the space center. but only once squad fixes a lot more lag issues. mainly the ocean being loaded as a separate planet from kerbin(the game loads 2 planets at once) once that lag gets cut down drastically than i would love this

i think i know how you could do something like this.

Mod the game so that you can, 1. drive vehicles like rovers (right click and get in as if they were seats) 2. be able to hit the kerbals walking around like they're kerbalnauts on EVA. (they'll get back up and go back to what they were doing)

But this would have to be like, you place a part in the VAB, and it's like hitting launch. but it stays the same VAB scene.

Note that this might make it more complex--remember, most of the time, when you're outside the VAB on the KSC complex, there's a rocket on the pad, fully fueled, and logically, the area would be a No-Go Zone for all but essential personnel in case it blows up on the pad. If you've ever gone on the bus tour of Kennedy Space Center, you might be surprised how few non-tourist people you see outside there...

Hi!

I was recently walking around the KSC admiring the new buildings, and it just feels a little barren. Compare it to the lively feeling while inside the VAB/SPH.

Since the textures and models already exist for Kerbals and vehicles, it would be sweet if they could be added to the centre.

Well, I would think there is a reason everyone is inside, considering the explodey-ness of Kerbal tech.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.