Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

Heres a render I made a while ago. Didn't do much work on the jetpack, that was just an idea that ran in my head at the last moment and I made it in like a minute. :P

-snip-

That's right, you're tygoo7 from the Unity Forums! (probably KSP Forums first, eh?) Hello fellow Unity developer person!

I found raw kerbal model on the forums, which I used as reference. Then I remodeled it myself, rigged it, modeled some cool mission control center clothes and textured the model. it has full facial control and is rigged biped with leg and arm IK.

RGdIA4N.png

jlmmAeP.png

I'm using Blender, btw.

greetings,

Themorris

PS:

This is a lowpoly model, it has a total of 2749 verts, 2890 faces or 5326 tris. Texture res is 1024x1024

EDIT:

@vic you can have mine, if you want...

Edited by Themorris

I found raw kerbal model on the forums, which I used as reference. Then I remodeled it myself, rigged it, modeled some cool mission control center clothes and textured the model. it has full facial control and is rigged biped with leg and arm IK.

http://i.imgur.com/RGdIA4N.png

http://i.imgur.com/jlmmAeP.png

I'm using Blender, btw.

greetings,

Themorris

PS:

This is a lowpoly model, it has a total of 2749 verts, 2890 faces or 5326 tris. Texture res is 1024x1024

EDIT:

If Raredew is not complying then yes I'd like to have it

<snips>

I'm using Blender, btw.

greetings,

Themorris

PS:

EDIT:

Holy crap... that IS my model... or at least it was based off mine.

and looks like you've got the materials all ready for cycles anyway, mine isn't.

It'd probably go a lot better if you used that one.

EDIT: sorry if it hasn't seemed like i've been complying for giving you my kerbal model, I'm just trying to be careful about who i give it to.

Edited by rewdew2

and looks like you've got the materials all ready for cycles anyway, mine isn't.

EDIT: sorry if it hasn't seemed like i've been complying for giving you my kerbal model, I'm just trying to be careful about who i give it to.

I credit everyone,if not you could pm me.I bad at rigging,can you help out at least

Yes, it's based on one of your models, but it's completely remodeled. The reason I used your model was, that I couldn't find any fitting proportions or size measurements. But I modeled it completely new, no vertex remains on the same position ;). I usually wanted to do something in realtime with it, so I remodeled it in a lowpoly version, I did also model completely new hands new eyes. In the time I remodeled it, I wasn't really experienced, so the mesh isn't as clean as yours was(I'm still a bit angry about that:)). I UV unwrapped the new model, textured it, gave it specular maps and baked AO onto the texture. I rigged it completely with a biped rig, also full facial control. I did this as a training for me.

Anyways, I hope that you don't take it amiss that I used your model as a reference, they do indeed look similar.

Also, I didn't do a Cycles setup yet, it was rendered with the normal blender renderer, which does also support environment lightning and indirect lightning, because I'm still struggeling a bit with cycles, too.

greetings,

Themorris

Yes, it's based on one of your models, but it's completely remodeled. The reason I used your model was, that I couldn't find any fitting proportions or size measurements. But I modeled it completely new, no vertex remains on the same position ;). I usually wanted to do something in realtime with it, so I remodeled it in a lowpoly version, I did also model completely new hands new eyes. In the time I remodeled it, I wasn't really experienced, so the mesh isn't as clean as yours was(I'm still a bit angry about that:)). I UV unwrapped the new model, textured it, gave it specular maps and baked AO onto the texture. I rigged it completely with a biped rig, also full facial control. I did this as a training for me.

Anyways, I hope that you don't take it amiss that I used your model as a reference, they do indeed look similar.

Also, I didn't do a Cycles setup yet, it was rendered with the normal blender renderer, which does also support environment lightning and indirect lightning, because I'm still struggeling a bit with cycles, too.

greetings,

Themorris

Ah i see.

I'm okay with you using that, because it's based off a VERY old version of the current model i use.

Well, you should try adding a sub-surf modifier on your model, it'll smooth it up and make it look better. You can set it to 1 subdivide, and that it also only appears in the render.

So, anyone here that uses cycles, can you guys tell me how to make the background NOT produce light, but still color? i've tried looking around the internet, but I've come up empty.

Ah i see.

I'm okay with you using that, because it's based off a VERY old version of the current model i use.

Well, you should try adding a sub-surf modifier on your model, it'll smooth it up and make it look better. You can set it to 1 subdivide, and that it also only appears in the render.

So, anyone here that uses cycles, can you guys tell me how to make the background NOT produce light, but still color? i've tried looking around the internet, but I've come up empty.

Could do that using shade less material I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.