Spacestation Refuelling

So, I'm thinking about making a space station soon, and I have a couple of questions. What are they for (other then refuelling), and how to refuel them. See as they are mainly are for refuelling when it does eventually run out how do I refuel it? Without mods preferably. Do I just send up a ship with a ton of fuel to refuel it or is there another way? Thanks in advance! :)

Rex3921

Edited by Rex3921

refueling, as well as crew storage and transfer point for now. I generally prefer automated space tugs myself, but I've got one under construction in a 500 km by 500 km orbit that will be able to support 22 Kerbals when it is done as well as provide refueling services to any ships traveling to the Mun or Minmus.

Space stations can have a variety of uses; having it for the sake of having one, as a transport/kerbal exchange hub, fuel station, re enacting space missions or using it as a spaceship construction hub. Its totally up to you. As for fueling and re-fueling, you can use mods, hacks, mod/edit files to add fuel, or if you want to do it realistically then yeah, you have to send ships up there with full fuel tanks and transfer them over like in real life too.

Space stations can have a variety of uses; having it for the sake of having one, as a transport/kerbal exchange hub, fuel station, re enacting space missions or using it as a spaceship construction hub. Its totally up to you. As for fueling and re-fueling, you can use mods, hacks, mod/edit files to add fuel, or if you want to do it realistically then yeah, you have to send ships up there with full fuel tanks and transfer them over like in real life too.

Ok thanks! I'll try toying around with the .config files!

Thanks,

Rex3921 :cool:

I refuel my stations by docking rockets that have fuel left in their stages. Sometimes you end up with a little extra fuel left in a stage. If my lifter stage still has fuel, I dock with my Kerbin station and offload the extra fuel, drop the stage and carry on. Same with returning from the Mun or Minmus. Anything with more fuel than is needed will dock with a station to offload the extra fuel.

It takes a bit of extra time, but you get to practice your rendezvous and docking, and the fuel slowly adds up. If something needs fuel to complete a mission, then it just docks with a station and gets what is needed.

I have never had to send a dedicated rocket up to refuel a station by doing this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.