Yet another docking tutorial

PDCWolf

Yet another docking tutorial is the title for my recent rendezvous/docking tutorial where, in less than 11 minutes, I -try to- teach you how to successfully launch into a target, rendezvous and dock with it.

Before watching the video take some things into account:

•Don't expect commentary. Why? Since I learned most of my skills from orbiter, I decided it would be a good idea to use the same tooltip method.

•Get some music of your liking on the background, because the video has no audio (Neither did orbiter but no excuses here, the no audio thing was my entire fault).

I'll now paste the description of the video:

I've looked at many docking tutorials, and all of them seem to take the exact same approach.

Here I'll -hopefully- teach you how to successfully dock in less than 11 minutes.

This tutorial requires some previous knowledge listed below:

•You need to know how to use the IJKLHN layout (RCS Translation).

•You need to know the meaning of common terms like periapsis, apoapsis, ascending/descending node, relative speed and such.

•You need to know how to get something in a circular orbit

•You need to know how to read the navball (and what prograde/retrograde/antiradial/radial/normal/antinormal mean)

That's about it. Oh, and the video is mute, so get some music of your liking going on.

As you can see, it requires some previous knowledge, although some things are re-explained inside the tutorial.

Finally, here's the video:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.