Kerbals in Space (KIS) mission pack. (Development)

Geckgo

Grrrr, my one problem with the keth mod, all the silly naming conventions that have nothing to do with the part name in the game. I just got home from work so I need to try to get to bed at some point. HMPH. I can't believe this, same thing happened when I tried to get the scanner to work. I must've misspelled something. It looks like you have the correct part on your ship, IIRC there was only two and it was the bigger of the two, unless keth has been updated with another drill, those look kinda small in the pic. Can you do me a favor and PM me the ship file for that guy? Just open the file with a text editor and copy+paste the contents. If you feel like doing some extra work find the keth module and just copy/paste that one. Do you know which version of kethane you are using?

Raztap, yep, been working on it and tinkering. Does RT2 work with the new ASAS stuff? That's really the only reason that I killed it from my game. Well, that and I wasn't ready to fiddle with the remote landing stuff. Still makes me nervous to use it for a Duna mission. It would be nice if there was some kind of loadable script that your craft could be instructed to call up, like a landing procedure, vert-speed < 6m/s, hor-speed < 1m/s and put it on autopilot at some point during the descent. For orbiting craft it doesn't matter so much though.

Kalista, I'm a glutton for punishment as well, but for testing this mod purposes I need to be really slack in my gameplay, less it would take me forever since I restarted the game at some point. Don't remember why. I have a pocket game that I'm also playing KIS very slowly. Maybe I'll just set up a whole game folder dedicated to KIS and another one for my personal games, that way I can split the mods up between the two based on my intent. I just found a lunar arch this morning and that was pretty exciting. Also discovered (at least I'm pretty sure) that after a contract expires you regain control of the craft, so I used my MunSAT to scan the surface at 10km and saw the arch from space :)

Found the kethane problem, silly mistake on my part. I'll try to upload the bugfix since it will only take me a second, I'll tell you when it's done. Hopefully you can reload the pack and it should complete the mission for you.

Edit: Uploaded the kethane fix. To get the initial part working I remember I had to switch a _ to a ., but for some reason I forgot that and put the part names with the _ again. Should be working now, if you download the fixed KIS.mpkg and restart the mission, then go to your lander, it should work. Let me know if that fixes it.

Edited by Geckgo

Cool ok I'll do that now

Edit:I can confirm that it works :) and can i make a suggestion that a base making mission would be nice (and higher mission profits on them, because i always have to go over budget if i want to use 2m parts) Thanks :D

Edited by Boamere

It'll be in the works when I start scripting it again. Remember you always have the X missions that should cover pretty much anything you want to do once you get a spaceplane built. Of course, once you get a working space plane all you want to do is build more spaceplanes :P

It'll be in the works when I start scripting it again. Remember you always have the X missions that should cover pretty much anything you want to do once you get a spaceplane built. Of course, once you get a working space plane all you want to do is build more spaceplanes :P
Or if your frugal like me after making a spaceplane go and pick up all the junk sats u set up for cash early on to squeeze even more money by bringing them back to recycle.

Raztap, yep, been working on it and tinkering. Does RT2 work with the new ASAS stuff? That's really the only reason that I killed it from my game. Well, that and I wasn't ready to fiddle with the remote landing stuff. Still makes me nervous to use it for a Duna mission. It would be nice if there was some kind of loadable script that your craft could be instructed to call up, like a landing procedure, vert-speed < 6m/s, hor-speed < 1m/s and put it on autopilot at some point during the descent. For orbiting craft it doesn't matter so much though.

Yes it does the SAS correctly, there's a fix for v1 flying around that does it to but v2 seems to work ok. I just got sick of launching sats, more sats, yet more sats ;) I'll get back to it maybe after the next KSP release.

Geck sounds like what you want for remote landings is the KoS mod I'd highly recommend it. I've been running it along side RT2 and while it doesn't work seemlessly yet ( need to ALT+L the staging or it will oops plus you can cheat and send it commands while out of contact) and once the codings down it runs great been doing all your missions so far with it and about to do my munar landing with it running the entire way launch>orbit>transfer>landing. Now only if my friends and family would hold thier word and do a playthru of KiS with all my realism mods and telemachus then i'll have some REAL fun ( by real fun i mean all of us screaming at each other at whos fault the botched landing code was lol).

Geck sounds like what you want for remote landings is the KoS mod I'd highly recommend it. I've been running it along side RT2 and while it doesn't work seemlessly yet ( need to ALT+L the staging or it will oops plus you can cheat and send it commands while out of contact) and once the codings down it runs great been doing all your missions so far with it and about to do my munar landing with it running the entire way launch>orbit>transfer>landing. Now only if my friends and family would hold thier word and do a playthru of KiS with all my realism mods and telemachus then i'll have some REAL fun ( by real fun i mean all of us screaming at each other at whos fault the botched landing code was lol).

Mechjeb has a pretty decent landing function as well :P Although i like the idea of programming it yourself

And I wish my friends were into KSP (it's too much effort for their puny minds MUAHAHAH :D )

Mechjeb has a pretty decent landing function as well :P Although i like the idea of programming it yourself

And I wish my friends were into KSP (it's too much effort for their puny minds MUAHAHAH :D )

hehehe, I find this funny because my wife decided that she didn't like it so much too. I told her once you get in to orbit you are hooked. I stayed up the first night til 3am, some of it just watching Jeb orbit Kerbin. It is a truly unique sense of accomplishment.

Then I read the instructions, lol.

Kalista, I'll look into that when I get there on my new personal game and get ready for some Dunar landings to investigate easter eggs. I don't like mechjeb and only really used it to make robotics work, but have kind of given up on that for the time being also. I'm taking a little vacation from working on KIS for a few days. My RC helis are feeling neglected, as is my car.

Raz, downloaded version 2 last night and lovin it. Seemless. The UI needs some work but I shouldn't need it for a little while since I just started a new game with all my realism mods in it. I also fixed MC on that version so that only KIS shows up by deleting the other packs. Watch, I'll get to a manned Duna mission on that game and .22 will be released :P

I'm accually intrigued about .22 just to see how you work in the science stuff and tech tree into the mod. You could litterally go crazy with it and could throttle progress with it along with the cash reserves. Most of all I'm just wondering how the new science stuff will work period.

Well, I haven't been working on the pack, but playing around today I'm having some really good ideas come flooding into my mind about where I can go with the next update. Hopefully I'll have a few pleasant surprises for you all when I do the next revision.

Geckgo, I restarted KIS on a fresh game (to play with half meter parts and the new FAR) but mission 4 didn't give the bonus payout for inclination. I watched it clicking on the hide finished buttons - no 10k. Finish mission paid 35k and the inclination goal was definitely met. Can someone try it and confirm?

Hmmm, not sure. Usually it updates as soon as the requirement is met, but I'm not sure. I know bonuses are troublesome for anyone writing packs. I thought for sure the last time I ran that mission it paid out, but I do kinda zoom through those first few missions when I play them. Are you playing in hardcore mode or regular?

I just got a glimpse at the next MissionController update. Navigation issue has been addressed, and the selection buttons work seamlessly into the GUI. Can't wait for the new MissionController to be released. Not sure what other modifications they've done, but I tested the new GUI buttons and they work awesome. I'll try to post an update on here when they release 0.2, but if someone sees the update before me, by all means, put a note up about it. I'm not sure how much work Malkuth has to do on the code, but it sounds like they will be pushing it through rather soon.

Thanks Nathan and Malkuth, you guys are awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the amazing work you put into this project, I am still having so much fun with it.

For anyone (maybe me) wanting to take the reigns, could you post what were planning for in the next release, plus a few tips on how to keep things updated?

• 2 months later...

Thanks hugely for this, its a cracking set of missions, I'm starting a new save this evening to play with some new mods (FAR, DRE, RemoteTech2, Kethane, KW Rocketry, MechJeb, Scansat & MCE) and looking at the missions I'm going to make a few changes to the requirements/tech tree to make it work:

Bring Thermometer & Barometer down to starting tech

Bring Swap Accellerometer & materials bay

Bring Clampotron Jr down to fuel systems

Remove Gravimeter from mission requirements up to somewhere around the space station levels

Add scansat parts to the kethane mapping missions.

Added science rewards to missions (15 for everything at the moment) in order to allow progression up the mce research tree.

I'm also strongly considering moving the rendevous module of mechjeb down the tree as I'm absolutely terrible at it (I can rendevous, but usually with about 100m/s relative velocity! In order to keep some level of balance I'll probably move translatron & landing guidance up the tree to compensate.)

TL;DR I'm going to faff with the settings a bit - when I've got something that seems balanced I'll happily share configs, although I've no idea how you can override tech levels from within another mod - I suspect you won't be able to from within a mission pack.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying this mission pack, only done a few missions so far (I'm a bit of a noob at Kerbal)

I found an issue with mission AKSF 07 - Mun Comms.

I get a mission complete message when I hit the right altitude for the Mun orbit, however, due to high speed, I would over shoot (assuming I don't retro burn). Shouldn't this only show as complete once you are in actual stable orbit (maybe for a set time) instead of just passing within the Mun's gravity well.

1024x819.resizedimage

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.