Ion glider Challenge

Elo

Not sure if there is a challenge like this yet, i searched every where did not find any. So if there is then we can just close this one. Basically you need to build a ION powered glider and see how high you can go. Rules and regulation is as follow:

1. ION drive is the only propulsion you can use
  2. you can use both hangers to build a glider
  3. you may only use vanilla parts!! please no mods
  4. You can use all the parts you want, but no RCS, SAS, Solid fuel boosters, jet engines...... ONLY ION !!!!! :)

Just add run way photo, mid flight and highest point pic.

Below is my 1st try, managed to get to 3000m but only took screen shot a 2700 so.... :/

1097169_10201460684296560_29701995_o.jpg

11175_10201460683936551_1988984775_n.jpg

1187108_10201460684576567_1373017291_n.jpg

PS. You need a lot of Patience for this challenge.... :P

you do know you can go faster if you dump thowes heavy ion engines and solar panels, as unless you make this FAR challenge we can just use infinity glider technology of KSP.

Can you actually get above 10000m without any engines?

loooool... my bad!!! how do i delete this post!!! :P

Don't feel embarrassed. You're not the first one to 'discover' this bug. Challenges like this get posted at least once a month, usually by a new forum user.

to the North pole and back...is there such a challenge?

"Simpsons did it, Simpsons did it!"

+1 awesome if you get the reference.

In other words, pretty much everything's been done several times over with just slight twists. Have to put a bit more thought/time into a challenge than "fastest to X" or such.

yea i have, i am currently busy with the highest mun tower challenge..... So basically you must build a tower extremely high without it falling over. I will post my picture later today :P hope there is no such challenge yet :'(

"Simpsons did it, Simpsons did it!"

+1 awesome if you get the reference.

In other words, pretty much everything's been done several times over with just slight twists. Have to put a bit more thought/time into a challenge than "fastest to X" or such.

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.