How does one manage to break these?

bigdad84

Science! :) But, since it's KSP it makes perfect sense that jumping on a panel will break it, but highly extreme rocket exhaust will not. :D

To be unwontedly serious for a moment, the games does fairly well measuring impact but not abrasion or temperature. I gather the temperature model is going to be improved, so that should take care of the "SRB torching the panel" issue.

-- Steve

Edit the save. I've done that once or twice when weird things happened and my solar panels broke for no apparent reason.

As I've just personally confirmed, for OX-STATs this is unneccessary. OX-STAT solar panels do not appear to store their broken status in the save at all, so merely reloading repairs them without even exiting the game.

I'm presently uploading a video demo of this to Youtube. Gonna be a bit, though. Stupid 1080p and stupid crappy 'compression' on MSI Afterburner...

It seems like this is the same mechanic as with the deployable panels, only that smashing the static one doesn't make it explode into a million pieces.

In fact, the OX-STATs have isBreakable = false in their part.cfgs. It is perhaps a bug that they display as broken in the first place.

It seems like this is the same mechanic as with the deployable panels, only that smashing the static one doesn't make it explode into a million pieces.

In fact, the OX-STATs have isBreakable = false in their part.cfgs. It is perhaps a bug that they display as broken in the first place.

I've wondered that, because they don't store their broken status in the save file, unlike every other breakable part. You just have to reload and bam, they work again.

window movie maker...might be better

Yeah, I think I might look at that. MSI Afterburner does a good job recording (even though I have a sapphire vidcard, snerk), but the compression options are...less than optimal.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.