What do you hate most about the game? (What do you like most about the game?)

Legendary Emu

What I hate:

1. After 50 Days of interplanetary travel, building ships in Orbit and planning a Kehtane based permanent outpost at Duna, realizing, that a 10 km Orbit around Ike is not enough to keep you from crashing into the mountains @ 500 m/s.

2. Try walking on the muns surface at 4x time warp and see your best pilot disappear in a cloud of mystery.

3. Doing an aerobraking maneuver and forgetting to pack the solar panels.

What I like:

1. Spaaaaaaaace!

2. Exploring the awesomeness of the Kerbol system.

3. Jebs happy face no matter what is happening around him.

4. The joy of seeing your creations in action and actually working!

Hate: Single Core physics utilization and the fact that having more than 4gig of RAM doesn't help because the engine won't recognize it.

- Wobble

Love: Accomplishing a difficult mission (by my standards)

- A hitch free rendezvous & docking procedure (It never gets old!)

- And a whole lot of other **** that makes this game fun to play!

I don't "hate" it but sometimes lag is annoying. It's mainly the terrain (unholy laggalicious water!!!!).

Other than that don't really dislike things. Oh wait there's also the long load times between Editor, Space Center, etc. Especially transitions to into Munar SOI.

I guess I can't blame SQUAD, its an alpha after all. We also have unity restricitions.

A hitch free rendezvous & docking procedure (It never gets old!)

+1

I love r & d. I sometimes send two ships into orbit just so I can dock them. Apollo style missions are great for that, too. There's something extra satisfying about docking with a munar lander on the trans-munar flight and then again when it comes back up from the surface.

Hate:

1) No Multithreading

2) No 64 bit support

3) My old tired graphics card

Love:

1) Huge rockets that look beautiful

2) Touching down for the first time anywhere

3) KW Rocketry, it's the reason I live

My only real issue with KSP at this point that could be addressed fairly easily is the lack of player control over rover wheel suspension. The existing suspension settings are perfect for exactly one weight load per wheel type, and that load is rarely (if ever) what I actually put onto my rovers.

As for what I love about KSP, just about everything else comes to mind. It's easily my most-played game of all time now, and it's not even out of alpha yet.

hate:

building a lander for a planet and having to "guess" the fuel because of no testing possible in said gravity without actually going there

> why not add a test building where you can supposedly "virtually" test your craft trough different atmospheres and gravities?

nothing to do besides planting flags

> add something to do, preferably to do with science and research that has a basis in real life

energy has too few uses, the solar panels are massively overpowered (especially the small ones)

> maybe the science stuff could help

love:

everything else, i really love this game

Cannot honestly think of anything I "hate" about this game. Hate is such a strong word. Not to mention it is still alpha. There are things I look forward to that are still lacking (career mode, interstellar travel, real science) but other than that I'd say the game is going quite well so far!

I hate: VAB bug,where you can't place a place-able object. Flickering markers,vectors.

I like: Docking, Watching a service ribbon,that was really hard to get,on my signature ^^

EDIT: I hope devs will read the whole topic and fix the "hated" things ^^

I hate: VAB bug,where you can't place a place-able object. Flickering markers,vectors.

I like: Docking, Watching a service ribbon,that was really hard to get,on my signature ^^

EDIT: I hope devs will read the whole topic and fix the "hated" things ^^

The VAB placement bugs are usually caused by the clipping detection, usually either when replacing an existing part with another one and/or when using symmetry (the detection on the symmetry is different than for a single part for whatever reason, so it'll disallow the symmetrical placements even as it allows the original).

There's a workaround. If you hit alt+F12 it brings up the debug menu. One of the items under cheats is 'allow part clipping in editors.' When I run into one of the placement bugs, I flip it on, place the part, then flip it back off. Saves a lot of time and frustration, and isn't actually cheating so far as I'm concerned when working around those bugs. Do note that it'll allow placements that aren't normally allowed at all if it's on, and that clipping can cause physics errors in-flight.

Dislike: how many bloody exactly the same launches I have to do.

Stock rover wheels. It is impossible to use them properly.

The fact that the kraken snapped my station in half for kicks.

What I love: the satisfaction of landing on another body.

It is like meccano.

My flag.

Dislike: The connection node system; The flying spaghetti monster is supposed to be an expression, not an object.

Like: The direction the devs talk about taking; In which not everything is realistic for earth terms, but fluidly transitions within the reality the game presents.

Cannot honestly think of anything I "hate" about this game. Hate is such a strong word. Not to mention it is still alpha. There are things I look forward to that are still lacking (career mode, interstellar travel, real science) but other than that I'd say the game is going quite well so far!

Ah this brings us to another "hate"... the slow slow slow progress. You wouldn't think this game is 2 years old (stock) with whats in it would you?

cons:

biggest one:

• single core physics performance

Although I know how hard implementing real multithreading can be, the performance is really frustrating even with 4Ghz/Core. It limits so much of my imagination :-/

• undocking bug

I know, alpha, but it destroyed my enjoyment of my first successfull docking in orbit after investing literally hours for it

• the importance of backup savefiles

ONE bug or incompatible mod and the work of hundreds if not thousands of hours is gone. -> Daily savefile backup for me.

Loving every other bit of KSP. Also I probably never saight this to a virtual object, but these kerbals are so frikkin' cute, the smiles, the derpy look...The creator of these green things needs an award. Now.

Hates - none. As someone already said, hate is far too strong a word. Likes - landing on the Mun. I've been further and yes - I know that going to the Mun is a pretty early achievement in KSP but I don't care - it still feels epic!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.