Kerbal LEGO!

OverTheHill

So there is this website called LEGO Cuusoo, where people can submit their ideas and then if they get enough support from other members (10,000) then the project is put into a review by LEGO with several other projects that have reached 10,000 supports, and if LEGO feel that the project has great potential they will make it into a real LEGO set! :D

I took a shot at making a Kerbal themed LEGO project. I'm still working on the project so it'll be continuously updated but I'd love for anyone on this forum, Kerbal or LEGO fans, to head over and quickly make an account and click the big green support button!

It'd mean a great deal to me if you guys helped me get the project to 10,000, feel free to leave a comment here or on the project's comment section if you want me to add something to the project or anything like that.

Thank you so much for your time! :)

-OverTheHill

Let me get this straight. Kerbal Space Program is a game about building rockets out of a set of standard parts. LEGO is a set of standard blocks used to build things. Basically you want to make a lego set, for a game that is very much digital lego.

What exactly is the point?

Let me get this straight. Kerbal Space Program is a game about building rockets out of a set of standard parts. LEGO is a set of standard blocks used to build things. Basically you want to make a lego set, for a game that is very much digital lego.

To play KSP when you have no computer :D

You have my support.

Edited by The Destroyer

BECAUSE HE CAN.

"why make a game where you build rockets with no real objectives, only ones that you make for yourself"

oh thats KSP isnt it?

Real Life does not lag!

+Rep and support!

Just wait until they make the LEGO Kerbal Space Program game for Wii, then you can ask what's the point :P

Ah yes, LEGO CUUSOO.

I myself (under the userhandle GreenLead) was one of the three people involved in the Space Troopers project, that reached the required 10k support for review. It's always nice to see another unique and educational CUUSOO project that gets kids interested in science, engineering and spaceflight*.

*Wait, who am I kidding? Of course the only reason I supported it was because it was KSP :D

No, no offence to Squad or KSP, but Lego has been ruined by marketing crap, it doesn't need any more fluff :(

When I grew up you made things from Lego, these days (and we are excluding technics and mindstorms here) you get what? a star wars lego set? a harry potter set? a dinosaur set? a pirates of the carribean set? a munsters set? the list goes on.. and the sad part is they are not really making them go together anymore, both in colour palettes of the plastic prints and the shape of the pieces. Trust me, I know. I've been trying to buy good lego for my kids and it's getting harder to find just normal lego, the City kits are not bad at least the parts are fairly universal.

Lego should be about making something out of the blocks you have - not pre-moulding all the bits into convenient pre-determined items.

Lego should be about making something out of the blocks you have - not pre-moulding all the bits into convenient pre-determined items.

Agreed. When I use Lego from time to time, if it's not old stuff, I tend to make Frankenstein's monster of things.

As for this project, sure, why not. I'm sure mixing Star Wars parts and kerbal parts would make some interesting results. But their heads look a little short.

No, no offence to Squad or KSP, but Lego has been ruined by marketing crap, it doesn't need any more fluff :(

When I grew up you made things from Lego, these days (and we are excluding technics and mindstorms here) you get what? a star wars lego set? a harry potter set? a dinosaur set? a pirates of the carribean set? a munsters set? the list goes on.. and the sad part is they are not really making them go together anymore, both in colour palettes of the plastic prints and the shape of the pieces. Trust me, I know. I've been trying to buy good lego for my kids and it's getting harder to find just normal lego, the City kits are not bad at least the parts are fairly universal.

LEGO Creator has a lot of "basic" pieces. I like them a lot.

*/off supporting the CUUSOO thingamajig

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.