Your most proud moment in KSP...

iStickyDuck

Lots of people do lots of things in KSP and some of those things are amazing and the creators must be proud of them.

What have you done in KSP that you are most proud of. This could be anything from establishing a space station, sending a ship on an inter-stellar voyage or even establishing a base on each of the different planets and moons.

I want to know what you've done that you are most proud of. If you can, an image might be nice too :)

I am most proud of my first Duna landing! It didn't happen too long ago but the reason I am so proud of it is because it's the first time I have successfully launched a ship to another planet and, also in that same mission I landed a functioning probe too. :)

*Proudest.

Sincerely, it has to be my first mun landing back in 0.13.3.

Didn't know sh*t about orbital mechanics; didn't have patched conics, landing gear, lights, or MJ to guide me.

Somehow, I managed to land our favorite trio on the surface of the Mun. :)

There wasn't much to do on the surface: No science, no rovers, no EVAs, no probes... So I took off after calming down, and finally landed them back on Kerbin.

Getting this to LKO:

jTzQMh0.jpg

The small front part is the D'OH, a Kethane-electric hybrid plane that flies very well on Duna. The design process made heavy use of HyperEdit to test its flight properties on Duna. Then I realized I had to get it off the ground to start with, which proved an equal challenge. Countless fails with vertical rocket launches having finally convinced me that wasn't going to work, I finally bit the bullet and tried it as a spaceplane. Many fails later (as usual for me with spaceplanes), the above pic shows the successful result. It weighs 32 tons (15 of which is the D'OH payload) and takes over 15 minutes to reach the switchover point from jet mode to rocket mode, but it works. Getting the damn thing off the ground was at lest as hard as making it fly on Duna.

Docking 4 full orange tanks in to orbit without fail - I had never managed to get one of these things in orbit before and docking it just scared me. I only used it once but it's still my favourite thing I have ever done.

f7e9a41f418d1bae90c7f22da021128b.png

Most proud moment? Probably achieving my first orbital docking maneuver. It was tempered somewhat by the fact that moments prior I smashed through one of the station core's solar panels, but still, very proud.

For me, my first successful docking mission. First attempted with things that were far too heavy with LV-N's. Yeah, that didn't work too well. Then decided to make something light to test the principals.

Oh there's so many things I'm proud of:

I love my SSTO, the Sky-ORC. She's outdated, and could probably be improved on a lot, but it works and I've come to like it's appearance!

Or my Interplanetron, which has been the workhorse of my interplanetary fleet since 0.18 came out.

fuJfG52.png

Or my beautiful, two stage Apollo-style lander, which has been used in not one, but two of my favorite missions, reports of which are on this very site.

BDKDG2H.png

There's my Kethane base, which is the first of it's kind that I've tried to build, and operate.

Gdhp2u6.jpg

And finally there's this big robot walker that crawls along at a couple of meters per second, and takes forever to execute even the smallest of turns... But it's so cool!

XfxY2Vw.jpg

So far, the most proud thing I've ever made was the very first successful munar lander I made in...either .14 or .15. Probably .15 'cause I'm pretty sure minmus was there in that version when I built this thing. It was hugely wasteful on fuel and what-not and I had three stages filled with solid rocket boosters at the bottom. There were at least fifty solid rocket boosters total and they only got me to probably...I don' tknow, probably less than ten thousand meters altitude. But I managed to get me the landy bit to mun.

I even screwed up my rendezvous with mun once and flung myself straight to minmus. Touched down on the side of a hill and immediately rocketed back into orbit. Pretty sure I did it wrong and wound up in a solar orbit but it was still good. Felt good man.

*Proudest.

Sincerely, it has to be my first mun landing back in 0.13.3.

Didn't know sh*t about orbital mechanics; didn't have patched conics, landing gear, lights, or MJ to guide me.

Somehow, I managed to land our favorite trio on the surface of the Mun. :)

There wasn't much to do on the surface: No science, no rovers, no EVAs, no probes... So I took off after calming down, and finally landed them back on Kerbin.

Definitely a "me too" post here. Figuring out that without landing legs, you could use a set of four outer engines arranged lower down than a central core engine, and use them as crushable supports. Those 0.13 Mün-and-back rockets were huge!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.