If you could forget everything you knew about KSP and start again, would you?

WillHop

If you could forget everything you knew about KSP and start again, would you?  

1. 1. If you could forget everything you knew about KSP and start again, would you?

• Yes! I want to experience that thrill again!
    • No! It took me long enough to learn what I know already.

For me, I got to have the both recently. I installed all the various mods that make up the Real Solar System/Realism overhaul. I normally play stock.

Suddenly everything I knew about KSP was wrong and even with all my experience, just getting something into orbit was a whole new challenge. It's been great fun. Getting that first crewed rocket into a stable orbit was just as amazing as the first time; maybe more so.

next we should make an entire poll asking "if barney the dinosaur mutated and attacked new york city, and ramen was considered a delicacy, how would you spend your weekends?"

Oh that is an easy poll

72% Yellow

10% yes but I do enjoy the ride

67.2% I love apathy

22% spider man

There are still so many things that I haven't done... Never been to Dres, never landed on Duna (have 2 missions en-route as we speak), never landed on Bop (or any other Jool moons besides Laythe, come to think of it), never landed on Moho, never sent multi-part docked ships outside Kerbin SOI, etc. etc. etc.

I probably could have done a lot of this if I didn't constantly find new mods, and re-start my career saves to "increase the fun" of unlocking new parts, and finding new and exciting uses for them...

My goal right now is to unlock all of the tech tree nodes for the Interstellar mod

then I plan on using the planet factory system editor to slap myself a new solar system WAY out far away from Kerbol, and send ships there with the warp drive :D

Edited by User Unrelated

Hmm. I'd have to say no. My fun and excitement comes from doing something ridiculous that should never fly and managing to throw it across Kerbin anyway. Sending an SSTM plane out *yes, that is Single Stage to Mun, but I've used some mod parts, so I won't share the craft files* and making a return. The occasional explosion when something I part-clipped together for a good grin manages to invoke the Kraken on the launch pad. And, of course, sharing what little knowledge I have with the forum.

I wouldn't want to forget everything I did (circumnavigating Kerbin by water is my greatest achievement and I'm quite proud of it), I would only want to forget my skills. Learning how to play again would give me so much more playtime, since I don't have a whole lot that I really want to do right now. Also, I'm so glad this thread is alive again XD

The progression and learning curve of figuring out how to orbit and transfer to the Mun, landing on the Mun, making a return trip, and rendezvous/docking were the most fun I've had with the game. Failure after failure and that sense of joy when you finally get things right. Of course I'd like to experience that again. At this point, for me, it's just trying to construct a ship capable of reaching your destination because if you've conquered the Kerbin system you pretty much know how to make it anywhere else. (Okay, there's learning transfer angles, I guess, if you're that particular about saving fuel.)

Course I do try to meta-game a little bit. Attempt challenges, try silly things, break the game's physics. That's all fun, too. but not particularly "rewarding," and I like games that feel rewarding.

Edited by Endraxial

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.