"Take down flag" should return it to inventory.

This should be a really small simple one.

Right now, if your EVA'd kerbal has one flag and plants it, the kerbal no longer has a flag. That's reasonable, but then if that Kerbal right clicks the flag and picks "Take down flag", the kerbal still doesn't have a flag. The flag is now gone and can't be re-planted.

I didn't expect this behavior. I was just trying to take it down in order to move it a few meters and now I have no flag to plant after all that long rover travel. (I'm not near the landed capsule so I can't just enter the capsule to get another flag. The capsule is 40 km away by rover.

Taking down a flag should add 1 flag to the Kerbal's flag inventory.

(EDIT: This should be changed to a bug report instead of a suggestion I guess, because I just returned to the game and discovered that it *DOES* return the flag to the kerbal's inventory, but only after having used the "ESC" menu and then come back to the same kerbal again does it appear when you right-click the kerbal. Just after having taken the flag down, the kerbal is flagless unilt you leave and come back to it.)

Edited by Steven Mading

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.