[Breaking News] SQUAD Streams are back!!!

CpPolar268

Finally Squad!

We really, really need more transparency from you guys.

Don't be so secretive!

Talk more about the future of KSP and loosely what you're planning for the future.

There are a lot of things in the "planned features"-list that you could talk about for example.

I understand why all hell broke loose at the mention of DLC and I don't disagree with why but yeah, I did go back a ways into archives and stuff and found some traces of it. Wow. That was over-reacting.

Anyways, times would be appreciated, much.

I can't tune in if I don't know when.

Finally Squad!

We really, really need more transparency from you guys.

Don't be so secretive!

Talk more about the future of KSP and loosely what you're planning for the future.

There are a lot of things in the "planned features"-list that you could talk about for example.

They have discussed a lot of their future plans on a very high level, subject to change way over time. The last couple of releases since .19 they've pretty much said they work a lot more from one release to the next. They have some high level plans for the future, but after every release they sit down and figure out what they are going to focus on for the next release.

So discussing pie in the sky features that could be 3 or 10 releases later doesn't sound terribly productive other than "at some point we want Career" or "we will never introduce multiplayer". Much more fine grained than that doesn't sound too helpful. They sometimes stoop to the level of "We want resources at some point" or "There will be more planets. Eventualy. Probably".

I don't think it was the "DLC situation" that caused them to stop the streams. If I recall they stopped doing them right as Damion Rayne left the team as Community Manager.

This is mostly why they stopped. I'm sure the DLC freakout had to do with part of it, but they dealt with that and everything settled down. But sadly, many people do not remember/know who he is :(

I don't think it was the "DLC situation" that caused them to stop the streams. If I recall they stopped doing them right as Damion Rayne left the team as Community Manager.

It was a series of many bad things that caused the streams to stop. The "DLC-Gate incident" and how it was handled, then the forums went down for a month erasing everything back to late 2012, and in the midst of it all Damion Rayne left which sparked rumors. It all sent the community into a panic and fit. It was a pretty chaotic time.

But, but, NASA is launching LADEE this friday. I CAN'T WATCH TWO THINGS AT ONCE.

Maybe they'll stream the NASA launch during the KSP stream. Or maybe they'll recreate the LADEE craft in KSP and launch it at the same time, while streaming the real launch. Wouldn't that be awesome. Or maybe they'll get NASA to stream the KSP stream, during the LADEE stream... far out.

They just announced the start time of the stream on facebook. It will start at 18:00 CST, which is 00:00 UTC and 02:00 here in central Europe.

... which is definitely too late (rather: too early) for me to watch. @SQUAD: Did you even think of your transatlantic friends when you decided for that time?! Disappointed.

@SQUAD: Did you even think of your transatlantic friends when you decided for that time?! Disappointed.
18:00 CST is like the worst time possible for the whole Europe. Let's hope we'll be able to see the recorded video on Twitch tomorrow.

There are 24 hours in a day - whatever time they pick is going to be the absolute worst time for someone else. 6:00 p.m. on a Friday evening isn't ideal for me either, simply because I have a real job, a family and a life outside of KSP. If they waited until 8:00 p.m., it'd be 2:00 in the morning in the UK. Is that better? Or worse? Either way, it entirely for people in Hawaii and the West Coast of the US who are still probably at work. Pick another time zone, repeat ad nauseum ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.