[Breaking News] SQUAD Streams are back!!!

CpPolar268

There are 24 hours in a day - whatever time they pick is going to be the absolute worst time for someone else. 6:00 p.m. on a Friday evening isn't ideal for me either, simply because I have a real job, a family and a life outside of KSP. If they waited until 8:00 p.m., it'd be 2:00 in the morning in the UK. Is that better? Or worse? Either way, it entirely for people in Hawaii and the West Coast of the US who are still probably at work. Pick another time zone, repeat ad nauseum ...

You can find an optimum if you look at the distribution of the players over the planet :P And there is going to be a higher percentage of players watching the stream at noon than at midnight or after ...

Why not bring dev streams with the old schedule? It was okay time for both sides of the world. Now the whole Europe would be forced to watch replays, losing whole interactivity.

Could you please write that down? I'd really like to sign it :)

With the old schedule, yes, some of the NA people were not able to watch it for some reasons (work, mostly). But still there were some of them who were able to. Plus the whole Europe. In contrast, now it's just NA centered and nobody else can watch live. Not because everyone else is at work, but because they're asleep. You can't watch it from sleep, but some may watch from work. What's better?

You can find an optimum if you look at the distribution of the players over the planet :P And there is going to be a higher percentage of players watching the stream at noon than at midnight or after ...

Perhaps they have and that's why the stream this time is UTC -6?

A large percentage of KSP players live in Europe though, so it would kinda make sense to target europe as well.

But my point to him was not everyone lives in Europe. Players live in the Americas and Asia to.

EDIT: Overview: They showed one new screenshot of the R&D building in-game and the chat made me want to punch kittens.

Edited by swiftgates24

Was the Squad stream broadcast? I can't find a video of it on KSPTV.

On edit: I discovered it by accident. It was mislabeled as "Yargnit Launching project Kratos." Here's the link for anybody who missed it: http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/457429497

What was with the lack of audio at the end?

Edited by lincourtl

SO umm did anyone see it? did it happen? the only video saved on the stream for about the right time is "Yargnit Launching project Kratos" which I don't think is the dev stream...

Edit:

Ah thanks lincourtl

Didn't see your post.

Edited by FITorion

Thanks for the link Lincourtl. Would have really liked to have watched live or replay however twitch seems broken most of the time for me. :( I would much prefer Squad to use another streaming service so I can watch the and see what comming and what others are up to. Anyone else have problems with twitch and/or the twitch iPhone app?

SO umm did anyone see it? did it happen? the only video saved on the stream for about the right time is "Yargnit Launching project Kratos" which I don't think is the dev stream...

Edit:

Ah thanks lincourtl

Didn't see your post.

That is kinda odd considering that Max said that they would archive it and even post the stream on youtube.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.