Apollo 18 :O

darklyt750

So yeah, just watched it and it makes me never want to go to the moon or send poor little kerbals there. It really makes you think about how you thinking you're the only living creatures on such a large place can be terrifying when you're really not alone. Anybody else's thoughts on it? Haven't posted anything for awhile but figured now would be as good a time as ever.

Don't be too worried about little spiders creeping out from rocks. Those are the least of your worries. The chances that life could have formed on the Moon from well, rocks, is so minute it's impossible as far as we know. I would be more worried about my ascent engine failing or my suit getting a tear.

Life is NOT possible on the Moon. Life can be possible somewhere else, but as we know KSP is not gonna have other life forms.

So... feel free to land your Kerbals on the Mun. I've landed on the Mun a while ago, and no spiders. Apollo 18 is science fiction, most people knew that there's no life on the Moon.

Life is NOT possible on the Moon. Life can be possible somewhere else, but as we know KSP is not gonna have other life forms.

Well, we aren't really sure of that for sure. Maybe there is life capable of living on the Moon, it's just somewhere out in deep space. If I misinterpreted your post, and you were referring to only KSP, then I agree fully. Aliens aren't planned.

I fully understand its not scientifically possible at the moment, I was just getting into the film and it made me think about how freaking terrible it would be to be in that situation as well as being stuck there from engine failure or any other unlucky turn of events. I would lose my mind for sure.

So... feel free to land your Kerbals on the Mun. I've landed on the Mun a while ago, and no spiders. Apollo 18 is science fiction, most people knew that there's no life on the Moon.

That's what they want you to think...

Well, we aren't really sure of that for sure. Maybe there is life capable of living on the Moon, it's just somewhere out in deep space. If I misinterpreted your post, and you were referring to only KSP, then I agree fully. Aliens aren't planned.

Unless it's artificial life planted by someone else, then no. Biological lifeforms require solvents to exist and there aren't any on the Moon's surface.

No need to be afraid, I think its impossible for life to naturally form on the Moon, or the Mun in KSP. However, no other alien lifeforms are planned for KSP, so still no need to worry. There is however, probably life out there somewhere. There are billions, possibly even trillions of planets in the Milky way alone, surely one has to have life on it. The chances of us being alone in the universe is slim. However, there really is still no reason to be worried, as if they found us, they would have had to be around for a long time to have the technology to come here, and would have realized that war will ultimately destroy there species, so will have grown out of it and will probably come in peace.

So really, there is no reason to be scared of aliens, and you can send your Kerbals to the moon with knowledge they won't get attacked by spiders!

No need to be afraid, I think its impossible for life to naturally form on the Moon, or the Mun in KSP. However, no other alien lifeforms are planned for KSP, so still no need to worry. There is however, probably life out there somewhere. There are billions, possibly even trillions of planets in the Milky way alone, surely one has to have life on it. The chances of us being alone in the universe is slim. However, there really is still no reason to be worried, as if they found us, they would have had to be around for a long time to have the technology to come here, and would have realized that war will ultimately destroy there species, so will have grown out of it and will probably come in peace.

So really, there is no reason to be scared of aliens, and you can send your Kerbals to the moon with knowledge they won't get attacked by spiders!

Yet, we still should worry 'bout the Krakken, even dead that fella' can do some damage. :P

Did I miss something? Is there a movie about Apollo 18? All the excitement of docking two spaceships together from different countries. All the sheer excitement of planning a universal docking ring and having engineers talking across negotiating tables! Wow!

Annoying thing the movie highlights: How many people think there is such a thing as a dark side of the moon. I blame Pink Floyd. There are dark pockets on the moon, in niches here and there along the sides of some crater walls, but there is no such thing as an entire side of the moon that's dark.

Did I miss something? Is there a movie about Apollo 18? All the excitement of docking two spaceships together from different countries. All the sheer excitement of planning a universal docking ring and having engineers talking across negotiating tables! Wow!
Pff... I wish, no docking adapters here, only weird rock things. If only.....

Annoying thing the movie highlights: How many people think there is such a thing as a dark side of the moon. I blame Pink Floyd. There are dark pockets on the moon, in niches here and there along the sides of some crater walls, but there is no such thing as an entire side of the moon that's dark.

Just watched it yesterday, and they didn't talk about the dark side of the moon. They were at the south pole of the moon, saying some of the craters there never had direct sunlight in them, which fits with what you said. There were a few other things that were wrong or made no sense, but they didn't fall for that one.

Also saw Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon last night, and it did explicitly refer to the dark side of the moon that way, but I'm no more likely to expect scientific accuracy out of that series than I am intelligent dialog out of a political campaign.

I don't want true Aliens in KSP, but some carnivorous complex life forms would be nice.

I liked Apollo 18. Despite its inaccuracy it was a creepy flick. Why the dude at the end just let the Russian ascent module crash into the CSM is beyond me. Not to mention.. how in every hell would that thing have rendezvoued with the CSM to begin with?

Why the dude at the end just let the Russian ascent module crash into the CSM is beyond me. Not to mention.. how in every hell would that thing have rendezvoued with the CSM to begin with?

I agree with the first part, but I'm not sure why you think the second couldn't happen. Rendezvous can be done with anything with enough thrust and maneuverability. It wouldn't have been able to dock, but the astronaut in the CSM said that the astronaut in the ascent module would have to EVA over to the CSM.

I don't want true Aliens in KSP, but some carnivorous complex life forms would be nice. I liked Apollo 18. Despite its inaccuracy it was a creepy flick. Why the dude at the end just let the Russian ascent module crash into the CSM is beyond me. Not to mention.. how in every hell would that thing have rendezvoued with the CSM to begin with?
Well I think he kinda GOT MAULED BY LITTLE ALIEN ROCKS! I think, I'm not too sure though, It was a few months ago when I saw it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.