Just curious.

You'll find that the closer you get pe and ap to the same hight, the more twichy they get.

Any forces applied to your craft will move them around including small sas corrections, try turning off the sas and you should see less twitching.

To completely stop the twitching you need to stop the physics simulations on your craft

by either time-warping or switching vessels to something outside loading range. (Think it's about 2km, unless it's modifyed by mods.)

There's no need to get a perfectly circular orbit in the first place. So to stop the markers from wobbling around, you just need to raise your apoapsis or periapsis by a few kilometers.

Yup...this is an old "feature" :D Although, my orbits are rarely THAT circluar!! :D

Think of it this way: if you did achieve a perfectly circular orbit, where would you draw the periapsis and apoapsis? Because every point in the orbit would qualify as both simultaneously. :)

Anyway, having a 0.5-1.0km difference in the two apsides should stabilize the markers. That's what I do, because I find the jittering completely distracting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.