JellyCubes Advanced Weapons R&D - Weapons and Other Miscellanea

JellyCubes

I wonder...

Would it be possible to use parachute functionality to create 'inflatable' target balloons to shoot at? Perhaps take advantage of the autoDeployDelay parameter to put them on decouplers and have \'em pop open once they\'re clear? I don\'t know whether a parachute component\'s collision mesh changes or not when it deploys, so it may or may not be practical. If not, perhaps some other ideas will pop up for viable target parts.

The Kerbals seem to be overcompensating...

O3HdP.jpg

Released a new version of the railgun. Includes a half height projectile so more can fit in the barrel.

Currently working on a missile that flies straight without the need for fins.

Kfn8x.jpg

by the way,i noticed a significant lag... and improvement of framerate, when i fired all ammo from my 4-railgun Killbatross

the rails were loaded with 8 MIKE rounds and 16 practice rounds... after firing off all the ammo my framerate almost doubled

i got a weak temporary PC (P4 single core 3.2GHz) so its probably a lot more noticeable with my hardware, but my framerate went up by approx 3/5th... from a choppy experience to smooth flight

Below are .DAE and .blend files for low-poly (very low-poly) short projectile. The bullet is small and it makes no difference how does it look; while the craft carrying 48 of those projectiles lags significantly less with this low-poly model.

It does not affect VAB lag though. When VAB renders attachment nodes for 48 projectiles as blue transparent spheres... it it hell.

Feel free to do with these files whatever you like :)

I wonder...

Would it be possible to use parachute functionality to create 'inflatable' target balloons to shoot at? Perhaps take advantage of the autoDeployDelay parameter to put them on decouplers and have \'em pop open once they\'re clear? I don\'t know whether a parachute component\'s collision mesh changes or not when it deploys, so it may or may not be practical. If not, perhaps some other ideas will pop up for viable target parts.

Collision mesh does not change so you\'ll need to hit parachute\'s base, not the canopy :)

The only possible \'target\' is large non-inflatable ball with a \'parachute\' functionality. I.e. it has initially small drag which drastically increases when \'target\' is activated.

A small craft carrying large bright sphere would look quite weird :).

UPDATE. Just for lulz ;D

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4886.0;attach=8905;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4886.0;attach=8907;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4886.0;attach=8909;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4886.0;attach=8911;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4886.0;attach=8913;image

Yes, I\'m quite a skilled shooter. I wasted 10 bullets and finally hit this gizmo at point-blank range ;D

Parachute canopy really has no collision mesh, only base does. So \'inflatable targets\' remain just a sweet dream ^_^

Any chance of adding bombs to this pack? I\'ve seen them on other planes and yet no source is revealed <_<

Also, what kind of decouplers are those, Jelly? I\'m currently using the stock radials and they not only look ugly but leave behind ugly spots after being fired >_>

Any chance of adding bombs to this pack? I\'ve seen them on other planes and yet no source is revealed <_<

Also, what kind of decouplers are those, Jelly? I\'m currently using the stock radials and they not only look ugly but leave behind ugly spots after being fired >_>

It\'s unlikely I\'ll ever make a bomb mod for this pack. Tosh has linked to the best bomb mod available. A second bomb type is available here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=204.0.

It\'s a custom decoupler but they\'re not really \'decouplers\' in the conventional sense. The attachment and the top half of the missile is a single radial decoupler with an engine attached below it.

hey jelly have you tryed using a sas nose cone for the missile?

I haven\'t tried it but I\'m not sure if it would work or not. I\'m under the impression that SAS turns off when detached from the ship.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Awesome mod! just one problem: no matter what fin configuration I try I can\'t get my missiles to fly straight! they curve off, making a parabola or a giant circle! sometimes they crash into me! :\'(

And sometimes they crash to each other :D