[WIP] Modular Launch Sites

POTKC

What is Modular Launch Sites?

This is a project to create different launch sites and random cosmetic objects to place around them. I will be using KerbTown, which allows you to place static objects in-game.

What do I have so far?

So far I have a one-third done launch site with a retractable launch tower. Before launch, you click on it and it rotates away from the rocket.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also, a fuel storage tank!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What do I have planned?

-A Baikonur-esque launch site with retractable launch tower.

-'Floating' launch site 'a la' SeaLaunch.

-Multi-missile silo.

-Different buildings.

-Fuel storage tanks.

-Radar dishes.

-SSWS tanks.

-A for-now-classified surprise :P

Please post feedback, ideas and comments!!!

Edited by POTKC

Now this looks like a cool idea, one thing I always disliked about the old stock tower was that it was static and could not be moved away. While I like the design of the stock pad in game now having pullback tower for manned launches would be cool.

Will be keeping an eye on this project, good luck!

Well the only real 3D modeling program I can actually use/love/have lots of experience with is sketchup, so now with this knowledge, I can begin developing my own KSP add ons. Granted I understand modeling is only half of it, maybe less, especially when it involves plugin. Though we are getting off topic here. Hope the launchpad development goes well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, something was glitching and I couldn't post for a day. I put the Fuel Storage Tank thought Unity, but when I put it into the game and pressed CTRL+K to open KerbTown, selected the model and pressed 'Create' it was sort of...invisible. I'm sure I did everything correctly, but...any ideas anyone?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.