What I've done so far (in demo)

Wachman

So I downloaded the demo and started playing around. After some fun, some frustration, some confusion, I watched some of the excellent tutorials here and my ambition was stirred.

We landed on Mun!

screenshot1.png

Not perfect, but it didn't fall over with the leg broken off.

Actually there was an earlier touchdown that broke two legs off. But some quick panicking and the some full throttle the ship blasted off again as it was falling over.

We successfully launched and landed a SSTO:

screenshot2.png

Again with the landing leg!

No hardware for docking in Demo so what can we do? We sent 2 ships in orbit to rendezvous and exchange pilots.

screenshot4.png

unfortunately the really cool shot of the Kerbalnaughts exchanging high 5's in orbit as they change ships didn't turn out.

SO now I think it's time to bite the bullet, admit I'm hooked, and get the full game.

You definitely should get the full game. I got it some time last year and I knew I made the right choice within the first few days.

Compared to some others that have played the game as long as you have, you appear to be doing quite well as many people have trouble with the rendezvous. Congratulations!

Yeah, I'm still in the demo..haven't gotten nearly as far. Been playing around for the last 30-35 hours. Finally started orbiting the Mun after doing the tutorial. Had lots of fun just building rockets to see how fast I could get. I think I've topped out at 30km/s...orbiting Kerbal. Little nervous, I still can't seem to figure out the initial orbit of Kerbal, to launch myself onto the Mun.

All in all, seems fun, just a little worried about content for me to do stuff with.

All in all, seems fun, just a little worried about content for me to do stuff with.

The game is still in development, so you can be sure of two things:

1) Squad will continue to add content.

2) The price of the game will rise as the game nears completion.

Also, you can find mods for just about anything.

In short, buy it. =)

I played the demo for all of 20 minutes before I purchased the full game from Steam. It has been the best video game purchase I have made in probably 4+ years. I purchased in May of this year and currently have 325 hours logged according to Steam. You will not regret your purchase.

I will contribute some small Whackjovianesque motivation.

2wjL94M.png

Also, this thread echoes mine own humble beginnings. The link to my version is in my signature. The infamous coffee thread. Read it, learn along as I did, see my mistakes before you make them yourself. :)

Also, welcome aboard!

Edited by Whackjob

Things I accomplished with the Demo:

- Landing on Mun (after many lost legs and touch-and-go's)

- Orbital rescue mission (initially intended to be training rendezvous exercise but then I crashed the two ships together and one of them broke; luckily I used 3-capsule ship so there was plenty of room)

- Crashing to the Sun

And when I found out I can pay for it with PaySafeCard, I just bought it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.