one button that kills ALL time acceleration

I have played a lot of games with Time Acceleration (Warp), and most have one button that kills ALL time acceleration. Rather than tapping furiously on the "decrease time warp" button when you are about to overshoot your destination. I think a single button that kills all time acceleration would be a welcome addition to KSP.

ty

There already is a button that ramps down to 1x timewarp. Go to the top left where the timewarp icons are and click on the one furthest to the left and watch as you suddenly slow down to real-time from accelerated time. All timewarp options can be selected by clicking on the proper acceleration arrow. It's one of those features that most people aren't aware of.

I don't know how a "stop time" button would work out; if it functioned in-atmosphere it would remove some of the urgency of trying to figure out how to get Kerbals to survive an out-of-control craft, while out-of-atmosphere functionality doesn't seem justified since there is (usually) plenty of time to plan while in orbit.

Edited by ferram4

There already is a button that ramps down to 1x timewarp. Go to the top left where the timewarp icons are and click on the one furthest to the left and watch as you suddenly slow down to real-time from accelerated time. All timewarp options can be selected by clicking on the proper acceleration arrow. It's one of those features that most people aren't aware of.

Cool, I did not know about clicking on the warp indicator.

Still, I use the keyboard to increase warp, I would like a key to kill all time warp. I could map it next to my increase and decrease keys.

The existence of the kerbal alarm clock doesn't change the fact that an instant drop to minimum time warp (1x) is a good thing to have. They already do it for the throttle, where you can throttle back gently with CTRL or throttle all the way down at once with "X", and for the same reasons that that is useful, so too would be an instant "throttle down" for time warp.

The existence of the kerbal alarm clock doesn't change the fact that an instant drop to minimum time warp (1x) is a good thing to have. They already do it for the throttle, where you can throttle back gently with CTRL or throttle all the way down at once with "X", and for the same reasons that that is useful, so too would be an instant "throttle down" for time warp.

Bad things happen when time acceleration drops from high levels to 1x.

Physics sort of things.

Crossing the streams sort of things.

I would like to see this because i am tired of missing nodes

Get Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Missing nodes will be a thing of the past.

I hesitated a while before downloading it.

I hesitated even longer before actually installing it because ... actually I'm not even sure why. I think I thought that it seemed cool but that it wouldn't really work that great and I was reluctant to actually try it out.

I can't imagine now that there was actually a time that I didn't have KAC and can't imagine playing without it. You won't miss a node ever again. You can be at full time acceleration and it will slow time down or if you choose it will even pause the game. (have to choose which when you set the alarm). And it steps it down gradually to ensure that you don't get hit by the physics bugs that we just talked about. In fact, you can even configure it to set certain alarms automagically, like SOI changes.

Something related I would like to see is the time warp value being displayed anytime you hit any key besides , or . There's been a few times where I've come to a maneuver node, tried to throttle up and nothing happens. Try again, nothing. Try a couple more times, nothing. Thinking that KSP has gone into some weird locked up state and visions of the Space Kraken eating my saved game usually panics me enough that I don't think about time warp for a few precious seconds. It's usually a good indicator that I've been playing too long and should quit for the night :)

I keep hearing about KAC... I think I'm going to have to try it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.