What's your sex?

lajoswinkler

Your birth certificate says you're:  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Your birth certificate says you're:

• male
    • female
    • other

Are you a male or a female or other (Pandora's box of various congenital anomalies)? Let's keep it simple - no gender talk. Just plain sex designation on your birth certificate.

I'm a male and I have a feeling that there aren't any girls on this forum. :huh:

Most gamers are male, but I expected to see a more balanced situation for KSP. Why is that? Opinions?

Poll is anonymous.

Edited by lajoswinkler

If you search this forum you'll find out that its dwellers are incapable of discussing gender without filling pages and pages of sexist comments. Why start one more tread that will need heavy moderation?

Also, your very first post already give the tone of what's to come...

I don't understand... is the noun "sex" a problem? It's not about coitus. We're not discussing gender issues. I'm merely trying to see the overall demographics of KSP forum, that's why I've said "no gender talk".

Also I have zero experience with sexist remarks on this forum. In fact, this seems like a nice place.

Important or not, I'm interested. Most new threads are repetitive or boring. Why should this one be a problem?

Whatever you do in life, someone gets offended. There are stupid people out there that would be offended by your existence and breathing. Just ignore it. If someone starts making trouble, report the post and carry on. :)

(40% of "other"... if users aren't deliberately destroying the poll, KSP forum is anomalous :0.0: )

I apologize, I'd probably sounded bitter and judgmental. I'm not offended by your post, it's a valid poll after all, but by your very wording in your fist post you know in what these treads usually end up.

By all means you can have your tread, after all it is what keeps a forum alive.

To answer some of your questions: Yes there are women in this forum, some of them make great youtube videos as well.

Damn my political correctness. I shouldn't have put "other" in the poll.

On the contrary, I applaud your recognising that not everyone fits neatly into one box or the other. As a suggestion, perhaps edit the OP to make it clear that it is an anonymous poll. I'm sure there is a female presence on the forums, but they may be wary of outing themselves as such.

This thread comes across as pretty rude. Also you "can" change your birth certificate.

Anyhoo, I'm female, 19. Found my way here through a funny chain of events. My boyfriend got me into Skyrim early last year. From there I found Robbaz on Youtube, who does funny Skyrim videos. And one day I saw he had some videos on KSP. SO I downloaded the demo and it was awesome! And so here I am.

And I voted "other", just to mess with the results. :P

This thread comes across as pretty rude. Also you "can" change your birth certificate.

Anyhoo, I'm female, 19. Found my way here through a funny chain of events. My boyfriend got me into Skyrim early last year. From there I found Robbaz on Youtube, who does funny Skyrim videos. And one day I saw he had some videos on KSP. SO I downloaded the demo and it was awesome! And so here I am.

And I voted "other", just to mess with the results. :P

What exactly is rude? I'd say messing with the poll is rather rude. Nobody forced you to vote.

You can't legally change such data. If one was born as a female, it will forever be noted. If a male goes to an operation where the doctor chops his duck and the rest, legally, he can claim to be a female. Biologically, not. The state will always keep such records.

On the contrary, I applaud your recognising that not everyone fits neatly into one box or the other. As a suggestion, perhaps edit the OP to make it clear that it is an anonymous poll. I'm sure there is a female presence on the forums, but they may be wary of outing themselves as such.

Thanks. It's because I know about various abberations and congenital malformations. I thought to myself it wouldn't be fair to exclude such people.

Why are females keeping their sex as a secret? They fear of nerd stalkers? I don't get it.

What exactly is rude?
I'm a male and I have a feeling that there aren't any girls on this forum. :huh:

Here...

There are stupid people out there that would be offended by your existence and breathing.

Here...

I shouldn't have put "other" in the poll. But at least now we have additional evidence that correlates with my earlier poll about the user ages. -_-

And here. First and third are assumptions implying that girls can't like space games (there's actually a couple others running around here somewhere) and insulting everyone that voted for "Other". Second is for calling people stupid for being offended. Something that may look insignificant to you can be veeeery significant to someone else. There's totally people out there that get really touchy when you start talking about gender/sex and everything in between (see below).

You can't legally change such data. If one was born as a female, it will forever be noted. If a male goes to an operation where the doctor chops his duck and the rest, legally, he can claim to be a female. Biologically, not. The state will always keep such records.

Depends where you are. You can here in Ontario. I have a friend at my college who used to be a woman, and he had his birth certificate changed to "M". (Yes, you can do that) He's a bit weird and gets upset easily if you don't know your sex/gender stuff when you talk with him but he's really nice.

EDIT:

Why are females keeping their sex as a secret? They fear of nerd stalkers? I don't get it.

I don't see why they would here. This place is really nice compared to other game forums I've seen. I remember some times spent on other forums where I had to change my account because I kept getting constant PMs from creepy people and trolls copying my account name and roleplaying as me in the forums. Which is why I don't go there anymore. :(

Edited by Sapphire

Here... Here... And here. First and third are assumptions implying that girls can't like space games (there's actually a couple others running around here somewhere) and insulting everyone that voted for "Other". Second is for calling people stupid for being offended. Something that may look insignificant to you can be veeeery significant to someone else. There's totally people out there that get really touchy when you start talking about gender/sex and everything in between (see below). Depends where you are. You can here in Ontario. I have a friend at my college who used to be a woman, and he had his birth certificate changed to "M". (Yes, you can do that) He's a bit weird and gets upset easily if you don't know your sex/gender stuff when you talk with him but he's really nice. EDIT: I don't see why they would here. This place is really nice compared to other game forums I've seen. I remember some times spent on other forums where I had to change my account because I kept getting constant PMs from creepy people and trolls copying my account name and roleplaying as me in the forums. Which is why I don't go there anymore. :(
Plenty of Girls like KSP, take Chobit for example :) :) :)

I can assure you that yes, there are indeed girls here on KSP forums, having talked to few of them in my line of work as a moderator.

But they seem to be quite the minority among the fanbase, likely for a variety of reasons most of which originate in offline life.

No you aren't going to be hooking up with girls on here anytime soon, that's not what this forum is for.

I love how out of 2 pages, only 2 post are answers to the question. *Slow clap for the internet*

Indeed. This forum is filled with paranoid and insecure individuals who beh00ve like my brother.

Seriously, just answer the poll! It's nothing special!

By the way, I'm Gundamn MALE.