That moment when Dres suddenly exists

Rage097

This happened to me a while back. I had set in up manually, and had an encounter, then it vanished. It was frustrating. I was not sure whether to do a burn, or just wait. I waited, and the mission was successful.

Did you had mechjeb at all? Just wanted to see if it might be mechjeb who created the bug.

For me this just showed up then I did the adjustment burn, I also waited however I think we have an pretty weird bug here.

No mention of Ike, the little bastard hanging around pushing people out of Dunar aerocapture/aerobraking/targetted landing orbits?

I once had Ike messing with my ships.

I'd sent about 3 refueling ships to my fuel depot around Duna, and was aero capturing them one at a time. After the 3rd one captured, I sent it in to dock with the depot. After I finished, there was only 1 left. I was wondering where it went, and then I found it on a solar orbit, going surprisingly close to Eve, so I set up an Eve fuel depot.

No mention of Ike, the little bastard hanging around pushing people out of Dunar aerocapture/aerobraking/targetted landing orbits?

I thought we all agreed Ike was sapient and had the personality of a troll? It's obviously using hidden thrusters to screw with us.

Before maneuver nodes existed, this sort of stuff happened a lot more to me. Often for the worse. But sometimes for the better.

4B72H.png

Yeah. I was totally shooting for Vall. I just eyeballed it and figured I'd use a bit of Laythe to get me there! *ahem*

Wait....There was a time when maneuver nodes didn't existed? Tell me more grandpa!

I've never experienced it myself, but there was a time when map mode didn't exist, and you used orbital tables to tell if you had actually made orbit.

There was a time when landing on the dark side of Kerbin made you explode, and Kerbin didn't rotate, and there was no moon, and the sun was a point instead of a sphere, and...

I went to Vall one time, and this happened:

Ion engines are not good for retrograde collision-course avoiding...

I hit Moho once, it was also an ion engine, I let mechjeb do the 20 minutes burn and was reading this forum with KSP on screen two and managed to cover it as I got an mail.

Then I took it up I was very low and in shadow :(

After that I always come in over the poles and far higher if I use ion engines, and watch the burn more closely.

One does not simply hit dres by mistake

I got an encounter with Dres before by mistake.

I was launching a mapping satellite out to Jool and it just happened. So I went to Dres instead. Because its gravity was so low, I was able to use the interplanetary drive stage as a legless lander.

Strange interpretation of language, there, imho. The planet is the point of reference, hence, by definition, standing still, while the smaller object is moving within that frame of reference, defined by the planet. Hence, to my understanding, the ship is indeed always the ´active´ part in the collision, if one insisted on making a difference between the two.

Laythe: GUYS!! I found a ship!!! Let's play tennis!!!

Jool: YAYYYYY!!!!

Vall: I like tennis :>

Tylo: *grumble*

Bop: I hope I'm not too small...

Pol: I'm too small and too far away :<

Duna: Hey i found a ship Ike

Ike: YAY!!!!

Duna: wanna eat it

Ike: Yes!!! :)

Jeb: uh oh

Ike: *nom nom nom*

Duna:enjoy your diner Ike

Kerbin: hey mun theres a ship on a interplanetary mission

Mun: yay!

Minmus: awwwwwww :(

Kerbin: wanna have the ship flyby and not know if they are on a encounter with Duna

Mun:Ok!

Jeb: i don't know if we have a encounter with Duna because the mün is in the way!

This happened to me

Edited by Dooz

Strange interpretation of language, there, imho. The planet is the point of reference, hence, by definition, standing still, while the smaller object is moving within that frame of reference, defined by the planet. Hence, to my understanding, the ship is indeed always the ´active´ part in the collision, if one insisted on making a difference between the two.

That is strange indeed since I'm from an English speaking nation. its like the old joke, the cartoon guys gets hit by a much bigger guy, then holds up a sign asking is anyone got the number plate of the truck that hit him... :)

Seriously, the smaller object in this case was a space ship, it can turn, move speed up... evade... so if anything destroys it, then yes, the planet destroyed the spaceship... UNLESS.... the destruction was INTENTIONAL.... and as I said, if not, then the planet destroyed the spaceship. :)

The difference is, that isn't one in a million or one in a billion, it is more like one in two.

That little f(%*er.

I am going to use universe replacer and put a troll face on Ike i agree hes a little troll

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.