[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

So i did some experimenting.

This is a stock KSP problem, let me explain.

The short story is, the further the attached engine is from the fuel tank's center the more heat it builds up (or the less it dissipates depending on your perspective).

Now on any long tank you can actually make the skipper overheat slightly and it seems as though the stock emissive was made under the assumption that this would never happen. As a result the rest of the emissive animation just seems to have not been touched hence why it fades to grey.

On a higher note, ferram made a nice mod that does things:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-22-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v1-0-Properly-Rigid-Part-Connections

Thanks for the insight into things. Doesn't really bother me, just wondered what it is :)

I also have another question - Can I just delete the interstage adapters if I am using the auto-shroud engines. I can't seem to find any purpose for Interstages, even less with Procedural Fairings installed.

Thanks for the insight into things. Doesn't really bother me, just wondered what it is :)

I also have another question - Can I just delete the interstage adapters if I am using the auto-shroud engines. I can't seem to find any purpose for Interstages, even less with Procedural Fairings installed.

You can delete whatever you want, I certainly can't stop you :V

My KSP stops loading assets when it reaches KW engines like KW1mengineMaverick1D. So I deleted that and then it stopped on the next. With or without reduced textures.

edit: Sorry, not KW related, it's something general. It was Realfuels.

Edited by b0s

You can delete whatever you want, I certainly can't stop you :V

Don't want you to feel bad about your amazing parts not being utilized :P Just trying to scrounge up every possible kb to free up RAM.

In any case - what do you use the interstages for, if you have engine shrouds? I remember before engine shrouds I used interstages in their place, but now?

Don't want you to feel bad about your amazing parts not being utilized :P Just trying to scrounge up every possible kb to free up RAM.

In any case - what do you use the interstages for, if you have engine shrouds? I remember before engine shrouds I used interstages in their place, but now?

With abit of imagination most parts can be used for alternate functions.

Has anyone else been running into bugs with the tech tree? I have parts unlocked, but they're not available to use in the VAB. 0.22 is a bit buggy like that.

Not a bug, go back to R&D, check which unlocked nodes have little numbers on them, click them and click -> purchase all the parts there.

Okay, an actual issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has: fairing nosecone sections, in the staging system, discard but they don't actually eject--they just stay in place until I time skip and they kind of drift away. Does anyone else have this strange bug? I've only noticed it since upgrading to 0.22.

EDIT: Ah, it's almost certainly caused by the Kerbal Joint Reinforcements mod--so if anyone else has run into this, please advise.

Edited by Synthesis

I don't know if anybody else has found it yet, but there's a typo in one of your configs. the Globe-I SRB. I was tweaking the config to fix a career mode incompatibility and found the line "exhaustdamage = true" had the typo "ehxaust" in it. Sadly, no, this was not the cause of career mode incompatability. As a matter of fact I still haven't rooted out the exact cause, I just kept changing attributes until it worked.

Nosecones worked by themselves in previous versions (and work by themselves now). It was the KJR mod.

Use the newest version of KJR. It's got that bug fixed :)

EDIT: @Tanya Sapien, that doesn't matter at all. KSP just skips the line, and since the default is to have exhaust damage on, exhaust damage is on anyways.

Hello!

I have a problem with this (awesome) addon (I am using the latest version of it, on 0.22): while all parts show up in sandbox mode, they don't in career mode. I have researched everything up to fuel pumps, and from some videos I looked up it seems like I should already have some KW parts.

I installed the mod copying the game data folder into the game data folder of KSP, and the ships folder into the ships one. I didn't use the "no auto shroud" folder.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

PS (My game also started crashing once I updated KW Rocketry and B9, and I also raised the texture res.....any idea why?)