[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Made a fix so one could use the Wildcat-XR with the 5m-3,75m apollo style interstage properly with the engine sitting in the interstage.

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.808, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 2.508, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.67, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

It has something to do with KSP not agreeing with two nodes being in the same location :)

I'm sorry if I'm just blind and the information is out there... but 2.7 does not have career tech tree implementation yet?

The parts should be visible under stock R&D nodes. The experimental rocketry node was deleted for some reason, and 5m parts were added to veryHeavyRocketry. If you wish to have the experimental rocketry node back, well you need to hack your way to get it.

To get the node back, you need a .cfg file with this in it:

@TechTree
{
RDNode
{
id = experimentalRocketry
title = Experimental Rocketry
description = The closer the top of your rocket is to the stars on the launchpad, the easier it is to reach them. Well, that's the theory.
cost = 1000
hideEmpty = False
nodeName = node8_experimentalRocketry
anyToUnlock = False
icon = RDicon_rocketry-veryHeavy
pos = -952,1635,-1
scale = 0.6
Parent
{
parentID = veryHeavyRocketry
lineFrom = RIGHT
lineTo = LEFT
}
}
}

Name of the file is not important, put it into KWRocketrys folder. The only important thing is that it has to be " something.cfg ". You need modulemanager for it to work. Well then comes the tricky part. Find all parts that you want to put under this node, and modify the row

TechRequired = advRocketry

in the selected parts .cfg file to

TechRequired = experimentalRocketry

5m engines can be found in KWRocketry\Parts\Engines\5mEngines\GC.cfg and TV.cfg

5m tanks f.e. are KWRocketry\Parts\Fuel\KW_Universal_Tanks\5mL0_5.cfg , 5mL1_5.cfg and 5mL3_5.cfg

If you think it worth it, you can do this, or you can just live with the mod as it is :D. If you mess things up, i wont take responsibility :D

Edited by Darkway

I am using 1.0.2 version of procedural fairings. I am also using the 1.0.2 version of FAR. Do I need to install the OldFARFairings folder?

I very much dislike the new stock proc fairings. They are in a word BUGLY = BUTT UGLY.

Can I get the fairing bases that support the 1.0.2 version of proc fairings?

Can I get the old petal fairing in 1.0.2 or is there an interstage fairing for Apollo style payloads?

Edited by ctbram

Love KW and have been waiting for this for weeks.... but what's with the heat generation? I know Squad added it as a gameplay mechanic, but the KW engines are blowing up on me within minutes. Climbing to orbit on larger-scale solar systems requires more than a minute or two on each stage. I just cranked down all of KW's heat generation by 90% (by dropping a zero on each).

Love KW and have been waiting for this for weeks.... but what's with the heat generation? I know Squad added it as a gameplay mechanic, but the KW engines are blowing up on me within minutes. Climbing to orbit on larger-scale solar systems requires more than a minute or two on each stage. I just cranked down all of KW's heat generation by 90% (by dropping a zero on each).

I know right? the titan is all but unusable at full thrust, rendering many 3.75m designs useless

Installed and my performance has just tanked. Literally getting 1fps since installing KW rocketry

Granted the performance wasn't stellar because I'm using lots of mods, but it was playable. I first did the Deadly Reentry patch to make it work, but it runs too slow to play

Installed and my performance has just tanked. Literally getting 1fps since installing KW rocketry

Granted the performance wasn't stellar because I'm using lots of mods, but it was playable. I first did the Deadly Reentry patch to make it work, but it runs too slow to play

That tells us very little, check your logs. There is most likely an error spamming errors which causes the slow down.

Hey Guys!! LOVE the new release But can you get the NO AUTO SHROUD CONFIGS option back PLEASE!! Cant get a smaller engine on a part without it looking weird/not working.... :wink:

I have a bug, my KSP will not start with the current version of this mod installed. I get the following in my log, and then KSP just.. hangs until I kill it with the task manager:

[LOG 21:05:29.980] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/150mSRBTop/part/KW2mSRBNoseCone'

[LOG 21:05:29.984] Added sound_rocket_mini to FXGroup running

[EXC 21:05:29.993] FormatException: Unknown char

System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)

System.Double.Parse (System.String s)

System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)

PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)

PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

[EXC 21:05:30.008] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p)

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName)

DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p)

Part+.MoveNext ()

reproducible, happens every time. Using KW 2.7 on KSP 1.0.2 Win32 with ATM Aggressive, OpenGL.

Made a fix so one could use the Wildcat-XR with the 5m-3,75m apollo style interstage properly with the engine sitting in the interstage.

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.808, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 2.508, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.67, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

It has something to do with KSP not agreeing with two nodes being in the same location :)

where can i find this in the kw folder?

I have a bug, my KSP will not start with the current version of this mod installed. I get the following in my log, and then KSP just.. hangs until I kill it with the task manager:

[LOG 21:05:29.980] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/150mSRBTop/part/KW2mSRBNoseCone'

[LOG 21:05:29.984] Added sound_rocket_mini to FXGroup running

[EXC 21:05:29.993] FormatException: Unknown char

System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)

System.Double.Parse (System.String s)

Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)

PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)

PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

[EXC 21:05:30.008] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p)

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName)

DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p)

Part+.MoveNext ()

reproducible, happens every time. Using KW 2.7 on KSP 1.0.2 Win32 with ATM Aggressive, OpenGL.

Take 5 minutes to read back in the thread and you'll find the solution to this problem.

Yep, KW parts generate about 50-100% more heat than stock engines with the same thrust. In addition, decouplers are insulating each stage, so heat builds up much faster on active stages.

Yep, KW parts generate about 50-100% more heat than stock engines with the same thrust. In addition, decouplers are insulating each stage, so heat builds up much faster on active stages.

yep I am seeing the same thing. I have a rocket using the 3.5m titan engine and by the time I get to orbit the temp gauges on the engine and all the parts connected to it are half way in the red - the engine, fins, fuel tank, lights, ulage motors, ... , all glowing red by the time I get to orbit.

yep I am seeing the same thing. I have a rocket using the 3.5m titan engine and by the time I get to orbit the temp gauges on the engine and all the parts connected to it are half way in the red - the engine, fins, fuel tank, lights, ulage motors, ... , all glowing red by the time I get to orbit.

If there's a demand for it, (and the mod's maintainers dont mind it), i can create a patch that changes the heat generation to realistic levels based on stock parts and some calculations, and bring back the R&D nodes too. Well... mybe tomorrow, or the day after, I have to study for an exam now :) Well, Ill make it for my own use anyways.