[0.25] Engine Ignitor (Workaround for some bugs V3.4.1: Aug.31)

HoneyFox

BTW, your pictures were removed

Not removed, but hidden due to too many views. Photobucket is such a cashgrabbing site; imgur.com is so much better that I was actually willing to pay their (quite modest) subscription fee to get a few extra features. I suggest the OP switches to imgur, I want to see the mod in action!

• 2 weeks later...

Open the RealTankTypes.cfg file in RealFuels/Resources. It shows, for each fuel type in each tank, what the boiloff base rate (loss rate) is. It also shows the desired temperature. The actual rate of boiloff is (current_temperature - desired_temperature) * lossrate * tank_max_amount units per second.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a problem. I installed the mod. When I click on the engine, I can see the EngineIgnitor stats, but the fuel flow is always very good and the engines dont use the ignitions. I extracted the zip-files (that are in the engineignitor folder), but deleted the zip-files later. Maybe I have to keep the zip-files in the EngineIgnitor folder?

Can someone pls explain me step by step how to use that mod? I trying to ignite LM ascend engine but nothing works. Its activated, taking igniter resources, engine is pressured, Status is IGNITED, throotle on max but still its not working and I have no idea why.

edit:

nvm...I was trying to take off kerbin with vacum only engine and expected it to fly...silly me.

Edited by EmielRegis

Is it reasonable to request ullage simulation without the ignitors as a toggleable option? Going in to different config files trying to adjust my ignitor settings has only been an exercise in tedium and frustration. I went into the config set up in real fuels to change my orbital engine settings, and even though I program certain hypergolic engines to have infinite ignitions (which it says in the VAB), it seems to just shrug it off and go 'whatever, here's six' in flight.

Also, from earlier page talks of the ignition systems for hypergolic fuels and limited starts for the pumps. What the heck ever happened to electric motors? Did I miss something and we can't pre-spool a turbopump with an electric starter motor?

Is it reasonable to request ullage simulation without the ignitors as a toggleable option? Going in to different config files trying to adjust my ignitor settings has only been an exercise in tedium and frustration. I went into the config set up in real fuels to change my orbital engine settings, and even though I program certain hypergolic engines to have infinite ignitions (which it says in the VAB), it seems to just shrug it off and go 'whatever, here's six' in flight.

Also, from earlier page talks of the ignition systems for hypergolic fuels and limited starts for the pumps. What the heck ever happened to electric motors? Did I miss something and we can't pre-spool a turbopump with an electric starter motor?

The "whatever, here's six" issue might result from persistence feature. i.e. some values are stored in .craft/.sfs files and you need to reinstall the engines onto the rocket so that the new setting will take effect.

I think it's possible to use an electric motor to start up the pump, but perhaps only for those smaller engines. Anyway you can change the IGNITOR_RESOURCE by your own, if you want it to consume ElectricCharge, just do it.

I installed both rpm patch (vessel viewer version) and newest rpm ignitor plugin but in game I still have "raster prop monitor initialization error" message.

Are you using the stock RPM or the MFD pack made by Hyomoto?

Anyway I will do some test with the latest version of RPM and VV soon and see if anything is wrong.

EDIT: Updated.

The new version of MFD link is updated in OP. and you should install latest RPM version first, then install this.

Edited by HoneyFox

The "whatever, here's six" issue might result from persistence feature. i.e. some values are stored in .craft/.sfs files and you need to reinstall the engines onto the rocket so that the new setting will take effect.

I think it's possible to use an electric motor to start up the pump, but perhaps only for those smaller engines. Anyway you can change the IGNITOR_RESOURCE by your own, if you want it to consume ElectricCharge, just do it.

No. I was building new vessels from the ground up. So it's not persistence.

For some reason none of the stock tanks are pressurized. I've extracted the pressurized zip file into gamedata/engine ignitor folder but still have to spin my craft in space to get it to have stable fuel for ignition.

TeeGee: are you using Real Fuels and an engine pack? Don't use that zip.

Ok.

New problem: Engine ignitor no longer works properly. IN ROS and even vanilla KSP... the engine status outside the VAB is ?. The number of ignitions is INFINITE and the fuel stability is ALWAYS very stable. I've tried reinstalling it many times but still get the same issues. I looked in the Engine ignitor folder for ROS cfg file but found nothing. I went into the ROS folder for the engine ignitor cfg and still found nothing.

No I have not unzipped the pressurized or ignitor cfg.

The weird thing is that in the VAB the # of ignitions is correct... but when I get to the launch pad, the engine status when I right click it is screwed up (as mentioned above).

No, the problem is, that engines ignite at any moment, without using the ignition resources and fuel flow is always "very stable" in 0 g environment ( even when I am not using pressurised tanks on my craft ). Anyway, I will look up the log once I get home today

Edited by BadRocketsCo.

No, the problem is, that engines ignite at any moment, without using the ignition resources and fuel flow is always "very stable" in 0 g environment ( even when I am not using pressurised tanks on my craft ). Anyway, I will look up the log once I get home today

Yeah I have the same problem. I was told by RED from the ROS to come here to report this issue. It seems as though I am not the only one that has this issue.

gVw7HqX.png

Edited by TeeGee

Yeah I have the same problem. I was told by RED from the ROS to come here to report this issue. It seems as though I am not the only one that has this issue.

http://i.imgur.com/gVw7HqX.png

I see. in my save it shows the number of ignitions and the autoignite correctly, but they do nothing. The ignitions are not used.

Here is my output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jogxjmqkcl9ljl/output_log.txt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.