[WIP] Bavarian Aerospace: Tubes! (update9|20|14)

onkelsiebdruck

I have a request: Would you please consider adding a docking part?

Combined with KAS and Extra Planetary Launchpad, you would be able to *really* build a huge base on any body with ore.

I'm already putting infrastructure on Mün. :D Please will you make that part?

I have a request: Would you please consider adding a docking part?

psst....don´t tell anyone...it´s done....also parts with build-in dockingport/hatch.....but remember don´t tell anyone, cause they will ask where is the download and is it in the techtree :-)

mq1l.th.jpg

zou0.th.jpg

actual cleaning up some bugs on partupdates and on new parts, and pretesting

(allready integrated many parts in texturesharing folders, put everthing in techtree, optimized the collisions, switched to indiv. logos and option in plain white and some other things)

psst....don´t tell anyone...it´s done....also parts with build-in dockingport/hatch.....but remember don´t tell anyone, cause they will ask where is the download and is it in the techtree :-)

mq1l.th.jpg

zou0.th.jpg

(allready integrated many parts in texturesharing folders, put everthing in techtree, optimized the collisions, switched to indiv. logos and option in plain white and some other things)

Your secret is safe with me, my friend. I have to get my infrastructure in place first, so I won't be bugging for the download soon ;)

Woohoo! gonna have some boss tunnels for my base soon!

Just installed the newest version, looks great too.

I am having a problem with one of the green nodes disappearing when I use the Hatchport-miniadapter.

This may be an issue with the Kerbal Space Program's core program though, as I have seen this in the VAB before.

I'll keep trying and let you know.

Edit: If I had to guess, I would bet it is the six way connector. That has caused problems like this in the VAB for other mods and even at times the stock six way connector (Rockomax HubMax Multi-Point Connector).

Edited by Tommygun

AMAZING MOD !!! One thing to consider , Tube Docking port hatch doors needs to be taller or at least have more vertical space! Kerbals cant pass by when walking. They can but its a massive pain in the rear.

Edit: Some parts need better mass numbers than 0.02 etc. It causes parts to fly around even with Kerbin's gravity. I guess it is a KAS issue but still.

Edited by nismobg

AMAZING MOD !!! One thing to consider , Tube Docking port hatch doors needs to be taller or at least have more vertical space! Kerbals cant pass by when walking. They can but its a massive pain in the rear.

press f...theres a ladder leading you through the gap :-)

Edit: Some parts need better mass numbers than 0.02 etc. It causes parts to fly around even with Kerbin's gravity. I guess it is a KAS issue but still.

I mentioned this, suggestions for parts are welcomne.

I mentioned this, suggestions for parts are welcomne.

How about some kind of greenhouse? A science lab with tiny bits of machinery and workbenches? A large empty (and hollow) module where you can put KAS stuff?

I mean, assuming you include "new parts" in suggestions for parts. :P

This is quite fun.

http://i39.tinypic.com/fac3uo.jpg

I cannot get grabbing and attachment of tubes to work right. Pieces don't line up.

it´s difficult. i have to offset the surfaceattachmentnode to a corner, cause in the middle of the tubes is no meshcollider .So you have to aim very carefully and should rotate the view for best attachment. The best solution would be using the regular stacknodes....but i think it´s not possible with KAS ...whenever i try to define a Stacknode in KAS the part disappears in EVA. But if anyone knows a better way...i would be happy.

When switching ships, my flex tubes become confused. They visually reset back to their retracted state, but the menu thinks they are still extended. A quick toggle between "retract" and "extend full" fixes it until the next time I switch between ships.

Now that the bug report is over, my compliments on coming up with one of the best mod ideas of recent months! After a couple more releases, I predict you'll be showing up on a lot of "must have" lists. It was a great idea to begin with, and the collaboration made it even better. I hope you get the recognition you deserve. :)

As I was typing this, I had a vision: Imagine a base with a dozen retracted flex-tubes connected in a row, and a docking port on the end. A new module lands several meters away. On command, the flex-tubes stretch out to automatically maneuver their docking port directly opposite the new module's port, and they smoothly dock.

Just an idle thought. I've been having lots of trouble learning to reliably dock base modules recently, so it was on my mind. Oh, here's something much simpler that would be a big help: How about controls to adjust a flex-tube (or a completely new tube) up/down/left/right, keeping the ends parallel? That shouldn't take much coding and combined with Navyfish's instrument would make base-docking trivial.

Here's a simple station made from your tubes. The top and bottom rings are mirrors of each other so the handholds on the exterior are on the outside of the whole structure. It's just a quick design for zero g.

http://i40.tinypic.com/11ig32q.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/9r60eu.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2n9xftv.jpg

The remnants of the lifter stage are still attached. It has enough fuel to put it into Munar orbit, I think.

When switching ships, my flex tubes become confused. They visually reset back to their retracted state, but the menu thinks they are still extended. A quick toggle between "retract" and "extend full" fixes it until the next time I switch between ships.

Kerbal Engineers recycled old yoghurt pots to build the flextube. And sometime the tube remember its prior life and want to be a pot ;-)

thats one of many strange things with the flextubes i think they will remain buggy for a longer period until i know some mechanism better.

On command, the flex-tubes stretch out to automatically maneuver their docking port directly opposite the new module's port, and they smoothly dock.

hmmm does that require some magic and a harry potter look?

That shouldn't take much coding and combined with Navyfish's instrument would make base-docking trivial.

you are very welcome to do that not much coding :-) ....ok nice idea...but for someone started 3 weeks ago modding KSP...i put this on the maybe-list :-)

and no to something completely different....no not the larch

fresh from the lab the new landingmodule, design to fit the small cans . With a small amount of monopropellant it´s design to land your stuff.

unfortunately the lags do not work very well....( worked on the plattform, but not on duna ?!?) and i need some RCS pointing up...maybe on the side.

( Video is a bit chaotic and no docking on the end, cause i did not work on the slope without legs)

WOW this is awesome!! The only thing I have to complain about and I am sure you know already is the flex tubes don't save. When I come back to the ship the animation resets while the menu knows where it's suppose to be. I can just use the regular tubes for now though so all in all nothing to complain about!! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.