plane breaks apart ... am I doing it wrong ?? help needed !

hey there,

I´ve been encountering a problem that keeps me up and freaks me out to the point that I am not building planes like 90% of my time.

whenever i built a plane, the parts just break apart, they just wont stick once I start the launch.

even the parts I clip together float apart like nothing holds em together.

i dont know what to do. I strut the damned things as much as possible but they just wont hold together.

i wonder if my installation is bugged (importing / deleting too many mods )

or i am just doing it wrong ?

thanks in advance

Which mods are you using? Do you have hack gravity turned on?

This is very likely caused by a mod. Mods sometimes interact to cause bugs as well, but the usual result of too many mods is just an out-of-memory crash.

If I had to guess I'd say it's one of the robotics mods. Just try uninstalling them one at a time (keep a backup of your save or your whole KSP folder if you want)

i did deinstall all robotics mods and yet this plane stuff falls apart.

the plane in the SPH

BfUh4Wq.jpg

hpvu4uD.jpg

dbSk1ls.jpg

and when on the runway straight from the assembly:

IzXdAQv.jpg

fmmPMm4.jpg

IzXdAQv.jpg

I don´t know what I am doing wrong.

btw: no grav hack / mod whatsoever

thx in advance

Edited by Psykikk

Quite sure all you need is more struts. Clipping parts into one another does not create structural connections.

I see. then how come that in a tutorial on youtube all he dows is shove some wings into each other and it takes off. he doesnt even use struts....

True, but your plane has several times the number of wing parts as the Aeris. Make sure every wing has a strut connected to the fuselage, if possible.

oh damned.

probably one of the reasons people use these wings and airplanes mods and such ??

does that mean that when I use I-Beams and move them so that they interconnect, they also don´t really stabilize anything ??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.