What planet scares you the most?

Astronaut

• 2 weeks later...
If you're going for unmanned probes you could actually land there with a simple X200-16 fuel tank and four orange radials.

This is the craft I did it with. :)

MBLmXnI.png

Challenge accepted! Landing achieved!

Here is my Tylo Surveyor on final descent. With a full compliment of scientific instruments I add a few extra fuel tanks. :D

8pMbenfl.png

Touchdown.

GG2XNYgl.png

Transmitting data back to Kerbin.

mns661zl.png

Once I figured out the correct angle of descent it was a piece of cake. I even had over 100 units of fuel left.

Edited by Landge

I don't hate a celestial bodies.

But if you push it...

It's the Mun. Only one manned expedition was sent, and it blew up and crashed while attempting to take off, stranding three kerbalonauts who died anyway because a poodle engine smashed into their capsule. Prior to this, all attempted landings had flipped over, and two probes had suddenly failed in Munar orbit.

Which is why I wisely decided to abandon all hopes for the Mun and focus on interplanetary manned missions.

Jool.

It doesn't have the barren feel of Duna or Dres. It doesn't have the solar intimidation of Moho.

But travelling around the Joolian system is like being a pinball in a cosmic pinball machine. Invisible spheres of influence are menacing around every turn, and since you're in orbit, turning is happening rather a lot!

Jool is crazy town for unintended gravity slingshots.

Eve.

It's the only body where I'm daunted by the potential task of building a single launch craft with the Mk1-2 Command Pod that can land and return.

For one the lander needs to basically be a mobile rocket platform in order to drive it to the highest peak on Eve, and it's gonna weight something like 400 tons, and the part count is gonna be completely insane O_O

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.