What kind of Hardware do you use to run KSP

acidr4in

Core i7-950 + Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R board

12 GB RAM (yeah, I know, 32 bit)

NVidia GTX-760

I really wish the game would go to a multi-threaded, 64-bit model. While the GPU is newer, my system is about 3 years old. It's behind the times a little, but it's no slouch either. But I still get some ugly frame rates with larger vehicles, or docking space stations.

• 3 weeks later...
Operating System
Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit SP2
CPU
AMD Athlon Neo MV-26
Huron 65nm Technology
RAM
2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 321MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
eMachines WMCP61M (Socket AM2 ) 35 °C
Graphics
HP W2071d (1600x900@60Hz)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Hard Drives
149GB Hitachi HDT721016SLA SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 47 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH40F SCSI CdRom Device
MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

CPU:2.9GHz Intel Pentium G2020

RAM: 12 GB 1333mHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 630

Storage: Seagate 7200RPM HDD, 500GB

OS (64-bit): Mac OS X 10.9; I also have Windows 7 and Ubuntu Linux, but OS X is my primary OS

Monitor: HP W2071d

Keyboard: Logitech K360

Mouse: Logitech M325

Headphones: Sony MDR-ZX100 Stereo

Overview: For a budget build, it's surprisingly capable. I'm not able to do what Whackjob does, but KSP generally runs smoothly at decent quality. I can even stream KSP, albeit at 480p and around 15 FPS with the lowest graphics KSP can offer. I plan on eventually upgrading to an i5, but I want to get my money's worth out of the $60 Pentium. :P

Edited by OrbitusII

CPU: Intel i5 2.8 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 525M 1GB RAM.

Non SSD, but probably won't be upgrading any time due to budget constraints. Able to run KSP at 1024x768, all settings on max, and no lag issues until I get up to about 150 parts.

Intel Core i5 2467m @1.6GHz

Nvidia GeForce GT-540m 1Gb

8Gb RAM

500Gb hard drive (mechanical, not SSD)

1366x768 display

Windows 7 64 bit

My Alienware M11xR3. Great little laptop, but I will have to upgrade a few months down the line because of Star Citizen, primarily (Hangar module runs... somewhat...) :(

Anyway, KSP runs fine for me at max settings. I get a smooth frame rate up to about 200 parts when it starts to slow down a bit, but my designs rarely exceed 300 parts.

2.8GHz Intel Q9300

AMD Radeon 7800

8GB RAM

Win7 64bit

In my experience ksp does not like v-sync.

On my rig with v-sync on the delta-physics thing kicks in (jittering green/yellow) with nothing more than a single probe core on the launchpad. All stock.

With v-sync off it's smooth up to at least a 100 parts. To bad about about the screen tearing.

ASRock B85-ITX

Pentium G3220

8 Gigs Ram

GTX 750 ti

This budget configuration plays KSP really well! I used to use my GTX 260 to play and could almost max out the graphics settings. With the GTX 750ti, everything is maxed out and runs really smooth. It is a great card to an upgrade too as it only uses around 60w and requires no axillary power connections.

Intel Core i5 2500k currently overclocked to 4GHz until I sort out some stability issues at 4.3+GHz,

2x GTX 760's in SLI

8GB of 1600MHz RAM

120GB System SSD

2x 500GB Storage HDDs

Its a really nice build that I've had for a while now, still runs games extremely well due to the dual 760's. All this wrapped up in a CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer, which is in my opinion, a really nice looking case.

For awhile I was running KSP on a laptop with an A6 chip and 4 Gb of ram.... And nowhere near smoothly. I got by with it. I currently have an AMD FX 9590 with an ATI HD 7800 graphics card. I have 16 Gb of RAM to go with that.... But KSP is only a 32 bit program, so it maxes out at 4 Gb of RAM. I just discovered this :http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21/page140 and it runs even better (I have a lot of mods!) It seems to hang at the beginning, but it works very well. (I am a true believer after seeing what it did with my problems! Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself! =P)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.