What kind of Hardware do you use to run KSP

acidr4in

Intel Core i7-4771 @4.5 GHz

GTX 780

8 Gig RAM @ 1600 MHz

'nuff said

no lag whatsoever

Best 1600$ of my life

In KSP, if you want more parts with less lag, the only thing you want is more speed. If you can go faster with less threads, do it. With KSP, you CPU is never clocked fast enough. 4.5GHz is fine though (lag starts at 900 or 1000 parts, and most people would say itsstill very fine.)

Edited by earth

Quoted straight from its eBay listing:

HP XW8200 Workstation/Tower PC:

TWIN (2x) Intel Xeon 3.6Ghz - 64-Bit - Hyper-Threaded

8 GB RAM - DDR2 ECC RAM

1TB SATA2 Hard Drive

On-Board SATA RAID Controller - Raid 0 & 1

Brand New XFX ATI HD5450 1GB GDDR3 Gaming Graphics Card

- (2GB with Hyper-Memory!!)

Brand New DVD-RW Optical Drive

Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

So... yeah. Not especially impressive, but for less than three hundred quid including shipping and a copy of Windows 7 thrown in I can't really complain.

Intel i5 3470

8GB RAM

AMD HD7750

Win 8 x64

If anyone feels like comparing how well their CPU performs against others you can head over to my CPU performance thread:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/42877-CPU-Performance-Database.

It would also be great if some more people could launch my rocket and send me their results :kiss:.

AMD Phenom II 965BE (showing its vintage, i'll probably replace it with one of the 8-core FX models when I get some money in the bank again)

4GB DDR3 RAM

GeForce GTX 660.

I use the same cpu, I'm also gonna upgrade soon

AMD Phenom II 965BE (showing its vintage, i'll probably replace it with one of the 8-core FX models when I get some money in the bank again)

You won't really notice a huge difference, except when heavily multitasking on the desktop, you won't notice any real difference in KSP.

(I have had Phenom 2's And BD chips)

I have a couple of i7 machines for KSP (OK and video if I have to), a 4770k and a 950. One with 32Gb and the other with 24Gb Both with 900MB/sec+ drives (Want to load quick? get fast drives... fast scene changes? fast drives...) one GTX 570 and one GTX 670 4GB (Could run KSP just on the graphics card)

"AMD Phenom II 965BE (showing its vintage, i'll probably replace it with one of the 8-core FX models when I get some money in the bank again)"

The Phenom BE's were designed with overclocking in mind. If you haven't yet overclocked your 965BE then you are not getting what you paid for. For example my 955BE I've bumped from 3.4 to 3.6ghz with stocking cooling. I plan to get an after market cooler (that will work on my next CPU too) and push that to 4.0ghz. Just moving from 3.4->3.6 made a huge improvement to KSP and other games. It is also very easy to do mild overclocks.

Desktop:

Intel quad 6600

Nvidia 9800gt with 1 gig

3.2 gig RAM (4 gigs installed, but 32-bit can only use 3.2)

I have gotten graphics lag, probably because I have a 27-inch 2560x1440 IPS screen. Beautiful though. Don't spend $1k on a screen like this - the same ones are available for $300 if you know where to look.

I've bumped from 3.4 to 3.6ghz with stocking cooling. I plan to get an after market cooler (that will work on my next CPU too) and push that to 4.0ghz.

I have an h80i, got it to 3.8 without touching the voltage, 3.9 becomes unstable after a few hours, and 4.0 only lasts about 5 min. I know i could get it higher by uping the voltage, I just don't wanna push it too far unless I had the money to replace the cpu. I also heard these cpu's can be more stable at higher speeds with faster ram. I currently have 8 gb of 1333mh ram dual channel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.